• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen To reset, or not to reset 2: the shining

The Foogle

Gone For Good
Years
  • Im thinking about resetting my platinum file again because:

I wasn't satisfied with my team at all

I want to get shiny chimchar LIKE I INTENDED TO.

And other anomalies like that.

Should I reset? I'll transfer all shinies I have to my black 2

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Though it takes a lot of time if you're 4th gen shiny unlucky like I am, it is pretty cool landing a shiny starter... even through softreseting.

I did it many years ago to land a shiny Piplup, which i still don't regret. But for me, it took softreseting well over 200 times.

Depends how determined, stubborn (I'm Very Stubborn), and how much you want shiny Chimchar in the end. Having pure luck on your side also helps.

Last edited:

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • oh ok i'm actually really lucky with my gen 4 shinies so yeah :/ i had gotten MY current shiny piplup in 448 SRs

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    oh ok i'm actually really lucky with my gen 4 shinies so yeah :/ i had gotten MY current shiny piplup in 448 SRs

Actually.. that's not bad at all for SR'ing it.

Don't worry, all my shiny lucky came in one very solid hit during 6th gen xD

Back