• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mystery of Pokerus

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Since generation II, there has been a virus called "Pokerus" which is beneficial if a Pokémon comes in contact with it. It boosts the evs of an infected Pokémon by double than what's normal, and the only way to cure it is with time.

But, what exactly IS Pokerus? Apparently, "little is known about it". Could it be a Pokémon itself that is too small to be visible to people? I've seen some very cute fanart of what people think said Pokerus Pokémon could look like.

Whether or not Pokémon ever gives us more details about what Pokerus is beyond "a virus that helps Pokémon grow exceptionally well" remains to be seen, but it's really interesting to think about what it is, no?

Years
but what if the pokerus virus has pokerus :thinking:

in reality though, it's kinda hard for me to talk about the nuances of what pokerus really is. i'd almost go the route of a positive affliction of some sort (since it does help your pokemon grow stronger), but even that sort of thing seems hard to understand, because i dont think anyone knows where it comes from or why it even happens.

Back