• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tartan Red

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Hello guys! New to the site.

I am just here to announce a ROM Hack I am currently working on.

The name is Pokemon Tartan Red! It takes place in the Tyrus region, which is based on Scotland. (The name Tyrus comes from Old Celtic tiros, meaning 'land').

As a preview, I thought I'd show you the starting town, Glenrigg Valley. (Still some work to be done!)

glenriggvalley.png

(Sorry if a bit small!)

I intend for this region to have a climate similar to that of Kanto, however, with a snowy area in the North and a warmer area in the south. The landscape should have some diversity, from big cities to rural mountain ranges, as Scotland has in real life. I have of course drawn up a map of how I intend the region to look. I will release that later.

I do intend to later add some Pokemon from Generations 4,5 & 6. I might include some Scotland-based Fakemon, depending on levels of interest.

At the moment, all I really need help with is the scripting. My scripting skills are adequate at best!
    If anyone could help me there, that'd be great!

So, if you have any thoughts or ideas, please feel free to post them below.

Cheers!
    ~Joey

Pet Wussy Negi

The Dirty mind is yours
    Years
  • Map tiles are nice. I Don't think ROM hacks about just a regional are is going to be succesfull because it lacks a story.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Could it be another Scottish ROM hacker?! *does a backflip* FINALLY

How have you been getting on with your project, anything new to show off since you last checked in? =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Could it be another Scottish ROM hacker?! *does a backflip* FINALLY

How have you been getting on with your project, anything new to show off since you last checked in? =)

I wasn't born in Scotland... I am of Scottish descent and have been to Scotland (Wales too) many times.

Regrettably, its not looking much good at the moment. I have encountered numerous glitches in this rom-hack....such as my scripts not working as they should and often freezing the game :disappoint:... I'm trying to fix these but if I can't manage that I'll be considering starting afresh with a new ROM. I hope to get at least something completed eventually :happy:
    --
    Nevertheless, I did redesign the starting-town, now renamed Langbrae Valley. Here's what its looking like:
    langbrae.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Cool! I like your redesign. Hopefully you won't need to restart, always a pain to do so =( there's a tutorial link in my sig if you need any extra scripting pointers. Good luck with everything!

Back