• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio✓] Inserting Custom Cries for Extended 'Mons?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    So I'm working on a FireRed ROM and I've added some more Pokémon using G3HS.
    I wanted to insert custom cries for them (as most people would), however, whenever I insert a cry using Cry Editor, it overwrites Bulbasaur's cry.
    I try to insert a cry for the next inserted 'mon, and it overwrites the previous cry I imported!
    I've tried every method I can find, even PokeCryGUI!
    Does anyone know how to properly insert custom cries for new Pokémon?

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I had the same problem as you a long while back, and I think I might know what's up. If you have PGE, have you tried using Chaos Rush's cry inserting tutorial (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293830)? It's a bit easier to follow, and involves using the Pokemon Editor, which has a built in space for a Pokemon's cry offset.

I'll also link my own thread where I asked a very similar question and was able to solve it.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333771

In it, I solved the problem by extending the repointed cry tables by an additional 23 entries after the 28 accounting for Bad Egg and the Unown Forms. The next entry after that was the cry for my first extended Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    The cry pointer of all new added pokemons points to the cry data of Bulbasaur by default, so it would overwrite it if you don't change the pointer.
    If you are using Cry Editor to import cries for new pokemon, check the 'Force Repoint' and uncheck the 'Clean Repointed Cry' before saving. Then, it should prompt you to provide an address for the cry, either enter one or let it search for address with free space. It should work then.

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • You can also repoint GROWL TABLE to that same pointer as CRY TABLE... That counts GROWL TABLE entries like expanded Cry Table... And it was free and safe for repoint by use Cry 1.4 editor... Like i Did in Pokemon Ruby Renev.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I had the same problem as you a long while back, and I think I might know what's up. If you have PGE, have you tried using Chaos Rush's cry inserting tutorial (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293830)? It's a bit easier to follow, and involves using the Pokemon Editor, which has a built in space for a Pokemon's cry offset.

I'll also link my own thread where I asked a very similar question and was able to solve it.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333771

In it, I solved the problem by extending the repointed cry tables by an additional 23 entries after the 28 accounting for Bad Egg and the Unown Forms. The next entry after that was the cry for my first extended Pokemon.
    Very good suggestion! However, PGE doesn't work for me! Since the start of my hack, I've been using G3HS, and I've heard that that breaks compatibility with PGE. :/
    The cry pointer of all new added pokemons points to the cry data of Bulbasaur by default, so it would overwrite it if you don't change the pointer.
    If you are using Cry Editor to import cries for new pokemon, check the 'Force Repoint' and uncheck the 'Clean Repointed Cry' before saving. Then, it should prompt you to provide an address for the cry, either enter one or let it search for address with free space. It should work then.
    I tried that and for some reason it still overwrote Bulbasaur's cry? I put in a new pointer and everything but it still didn't work?
    You can also repoint GROWL TABLE to that same pointer as CRY TABLE... That counts GROWL TABLE entries like expanded Cry Table... And it was free and safe for repoint by use Cry 1.4 editor... Like i Did in Pokemon Ruby Renev.
    So I changed the pointer for Growl Data to the one for Cry Data. What do I do from there?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    You can use Advanced Offset to find pointers for the PGE .ini. It may make your hack compatible with PGE.
    Nice suggestion! The only problem is that it didn't work...
    In fact, PGE doesn't seem to work for me at all! I tried a clean ROM in it and still got an error, albeit a different one. And of course, I've voided support for PGE by using G3HS.
    I like your idea though.:smile:

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Ok, so might be necroposting a bit here, but I found the solution!
    You have to go to the end of HoennCryOrder table (normally at Offset 0x2539D4).
    Then you add
    00 00 84 01 85 01 86 01
    etc. for however many cries you want to add.
    Then you open Cry Editor, and navigate to the entry after BAD EGG.
    Uncheck "Compressed", check "Force Repoint", and uncheck "Clean Repointed Cry".
    Then just import your cries, save and repoint! :smile:

Back