• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should we do with the Picture Requests thread?

Should Picture Requests be closed?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Since Unown_ resigned, people really haven't been responding to that thread much. The last request actually answered was 4 weeks ago and the last request was 2 weeks ago.

My first thought was to close it since it was just laying there but that's just because I didn't use it that much. I'm sure there are members that actually use that thread and I really wouldn't want to close it because of that. So I want your opinion whether or not I should just close it.

Of course, I would've just posted this poll in the actual thread but not many people check the thread so I decided to create a thread for it. It makes me wonder how many people will vote.

Obviously if this thread doesn't get much attention I'll close the thread assuming that no one cares for it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I, personally, don't see any use for it anymore since Unown_ resigned and most of the pictures can be found elsewhere online. Also, if it was kept open, who would run it? I'm not sure I know someone else, apart from Unown_ with an animé picture database bigger.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've taken looks at it, and it's probably best to just close it and unsticky it. It really isn't as popular as it was since the resignation of Unown and even without him, many people haven't been requesting pictures either.

An idea I've had in mind though was to create a Pokémon Anime Question & Answer thread. This could basically cover simple questions people might have such as "What episode was this..." or "What episode did Chimchar evolve?" and other miscellaneous but simple questions that are asked on the TV Show and Movies board. And if anything, it could also be used if anyone ever does ask for a specific pictures of any kind from the show. Therefore it serves more than one purpose and gives something new to the area for people to resort to at times.

Just my input on the idea anyway.

Edit: An example of a simple question that popped up recently, but could have fit nicely in a given help thread would be something like this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214572). There are more, but this is just one example.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yeah, I guess it should be gotten rid of. People tend to look for things in general much more, but I guess people now know that those things can be found with Google. The horse is pretty old, and beating an old horse is just as dumb as beating a dead one.

Years
  • I think you should get rid of it as well for the reasons stated above.
    I also think since you closed the Japanese Titles thread, you should close the English Title thread, or remake it so one can discuss both English and Japanese titles.

Furthermore, I agree with Hiiro's suggestion about a Q&A and I think, that possibly, you could have the Request a Picture thread as a sort of subservice of the thread. :x But, that's just me );

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The whole point in closing the Japanese title thread was that it killed discussion since it was also used for discussing future episodes. Threads and discussions that done well seperatly (I remember there was a good discussion about the Ash vs Paul full battle) were completely killed when they were moved to that thread :/

Yeah, you should probably close the pictures thread. It was basically Unown_'s thread, the only place he ever made an appearance

I can assure you that there won't be a Pokémon Animé Question & Answer thread.

:D I'd agree with that.

A thread like that in this section on this forum, I think would end up with loads of unanswered/ignored questions and would be an ignored thread in general. This section isn't used as much as much as other Pokemon anime sections on other forums where something like that would work because there are a lot of people coming in and out regularly, and is used to stop clutter. On this forum I think people are more likely to get an answer if they just make a new thread. Or it at least would take way too long for an answer like the lyrics request thread. Really, I think that sort of thread would just be ignored, and would only be more bother because you'd be constantly moving threads there, which end up ignored. This isn't like the DPPt or HGSS section where there are loads of people.

...This is...all just my opinion though...*shuffles off*

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'd like to ask that if people have other suggestions for this forum that they send me a Private Message or a Visitor Message (Or create a thread if they want the member's opinions) regarding the idea. This thread was just to ask what some of the members here thought about Picture Requests not about different ideas that may or may not work here.

Not that I'm talking about anyone specifically but I should've made that clear before.

'Kay? 'Kay.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well to be honest I don't really think there's any point we should, unown_ was really the only person who filled the requests and since he left people will be asking for things they will never have...

I have an idea on what you can do for it without dumping it but I don't think that I can? *points to the post above me*.

Since it's to do with the topic I am going to post it anyway (just delete the thread if I am not allowed? ^_^".)
    Close the thread but don't delete it. Delete all the posts except the first one and fill the first post with resources like websites to find pictures and a few of unown_'s zip files (he's posted a lot around the thread) but if you think it will waste time for you verkinova I could go through the thread for you? (I have no life LOL)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back