• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Nameless Sprite Editor issue

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
I want to insert the PSS icons in Emerald, and the tutorial I found recommends NSE 2.1 to do so. So I went to the Codeplex archive and downloaded it, but there's no program, only the source code that I guess it's up to me to put together or something. However, I don't see any instructions on how to do it :\
It looks like a neat program that could be very useful to me other than this. Can anyone explain how to even get it to work? Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Hey!

So the source code isn't the program - rather it's the parts of the program decompiled. Kinda like scripts in XSE versus their functioning roles in the actual game... kinda a stretch but eh!

If you go to RomHackTools' website (I can't post links yet - I'm under five posts :( ) there's Nameless Sprite Editor. It comes in a zipped package so make sure you have WinRAR or something to unzip it. The password (for all tools on their website) is RomHackTools

Happy Hacking!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 16, 2020
Hello I'm new to Rom Hacking and I also can't use NSE 2.1. I downloaded the version Delta231 linked but when i try to open it (with winzip23) it asks me for a password. Is there any other way to download/open this?
Thanks

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
The codeplex download does have the program already complied just go to this location shown in this screenshot. I have already tested it and it does work fine.

g6qFi6f.png

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 16, 2020
I tried what AyanamiRei0 suggests but I can't open the "3cb31bbe-f6ff-48e2-833d-303f9ee07499" file (it's not shown as a file on my computer).

ChillAxis

certified idiot extraordinaire
Years
  • Age 20
  • Room
  • Seen Feb 1, 2020
Hey I'm trying my darnedest to get there but that doesn't seem possible. could you upload that working version somewhere, or post a vid of you going through the process of opening it. Thanks!

Back