• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passing from OU to UU

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
  • I'm use to battle in the OU tiers, but now, I want to try the UU tiers.
    So, I made this team and I want to know if it exists better option.
    This team is made for WI-FI battle.
    Also, when you rate my team and change pokemon, please, don't put legend pokemon because I breed all my pokemon and legend can't be breed.
    Thanks for the help :)

237.png

Hitmontop - Adamant
    Technician - Life Orb
    252 HP/252 ATK/4 DEF
    - Fake Out
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit

A bulky lead that hit hard. A lot of priority that cover many things.
    I use pursuit because the opponent may switch by predict a Fake Out from my part. In this case, I will use pursuit.

232.png

Donphan - Adamant
    Sturdy - Leftovers
    52 HP/252 ATK/204 DEF
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Assurance
    - Stealth Rock

Rapin Spinner because I need it if I want to use my Typhlosion.
    Assurance to hit gosht that will predict my rapid Spin.
    He is my Stealth Rock user.
    He is a good defensive "wall" too.

334.png

Altaria - Careful
    Natural Cure - Leftovers
    252 HP/40 DEF/216 Sp. DEF
    - Dragon Claw
    - Heal Bell
    - Roost
    - Perish Song/Toxic

A special wall and cleric.
    Dragon Claw to be aloud to counter taunt user.
    I still hesitate between Toxic and Perish Song.
    Perish song will kill the last opponent pokemon or will make my opponent switch pokemon.
    However, I don't have any spikers, so the opponent's switch maybe don't worth it and I will use Toxic to stall a little.

160.png

Feraligatr - Adamant
    Torrent - Life Orb
    28 HP/252 ATK/228 Speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

Dragon dancer :)
    He can resist to some weak attack and use DD to have both high speed and ATK to sweep.
    His moveset cover many opponent.

065.png

Alakazam - Timid
    Synchronize - Choice Specs.
    4 HP/252 Sp. ATK/252 Speed
    - Psychic
    - Signal Beam
    - Energy ball
    - Trick

Nice special sweeper.
    I use trick to destroy stall opponent.
    I use that moveset to cover many things, exept steel pokemon, who are beat by other one.

157.png

Typhlosion - Modest
    Blaze - Choice Scarf
    4 HP/252 Sp. ATK/252 Speed
    - Eruption
    - Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power Electric

With my rapid Spinner, this set can work.
    Outspeed a lot of pokemon, with Eruption sweep.
    Fire Blast work if he lost energy.
    Why HP electric? simple, to handle water pokemon.
    What the surprise when the opponent have a water pokemon and I sent Typholsion! The opponent won't switch and the water opponent will faint.
    It also handle flying pokemon.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh goody, a UU team.

Well, Hitmontop is great in UU, but it's terrible as a lead. Let's see how it fares against other popular leads:

UXIE - Hitmontop can't do anything to Uxie. Not even Pursuit will do much damage.
    AMBIPOM - You can beat it with Mach Punch, but it will do major damage to you with Fake Out.
    OMASTAR - Omastar can survive 2 Mach Punches, which is enough to set up some entry hazards.
    MESPRIT - Same as Uxie, but it has more offensive power
    SPIRITOMB - Hitmontop doesn't stand a chance
    ALAKAZAM - Fake Out can't flinch Alakazam because of its Inner Focus ability. Alakazam beats you with Psychic.
    CLOYSTER - Same as Omastar, except faster and has more Defense.
    MOLTRES - It beats you with Air Slash

So as you can see, Hitmontop will lose most of the time to these leads.
    Definitely keep it in your team as a revenge killer and Chansey/Clefable killer, but find another lead.

Replace Donphan with Kabutops and make it your lead"

Kabutops @Focus Sash
    Adamant Nature
    Swift Swim
    72 HP / 252 Attack / 184 Speed

-Stone Edge
    -Aqua Jet
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin

Kabutops beats Alakazam, Moltres, and Ambipom quite easily and can spin away Omastar and Cloyster's entry hazards. It still can't do much to Uxie and Mesprit, but it can at least get in a Stealth Rock before switching out.

So far, your team has a weakness to Milotic, who can beat most of your team with ease and Recover any damage you do to it.

Replace Feraligatr with Venusaur.

Venusaur @Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

-Power Whip
    -Earthquake
    -Sleep Powder
    -Swords Dance

Venusaur can defeat Milotic with Power Whip or at least put it to sleep. It also handles other bulky Waters in UU including Slowbro, Lanturn, and Poliwrath.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Please dont use Choiced Alakazam, its perhaps the worst Choice user in the tier because of "Spiritomb/Houndoom/Absol used Pursuit". The sub set is seriously so much better. Also use Focus Blast over Energy Bad, so you know you don't lose to Registeel, Chansey and other steels.

Also try this ev spread for Donphan, its alot more effective. 252 HP / 62 Att / 188 sp.def / 8 speed @ Adamant. This lets you spin on alot more, you even live ridiculous things like LO Moltres Fire Blasts.

Altaria seems random though and makes you Spikes weak because its so easy to set up on. Id really replace that for something more useful, preferably something to cover your Moltres weakness. Milotic, Azumarril - they both work. Altaria also adds to your Stealth Rock weakness since non Foresight Spin is rather easy to stop so yeah.

Agreeing with AB's changes though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    I see your team is one that would benefit greatly from early entry hazards put up then pressure the opponent to keep switching. Use an omastar lead, they almost beat every other lead and those that it cant set up upon they cannot set up entry ahzards as well(venusaur,jumpluff).

Omastar@Lum berry/Focus sash
    150HP/252SP.ATT/108SPEED
    -SURF
    -HP GRASS
    -ICE BEAM
    -SPIKES

Since you have scarf typholsion id really advice you to change alakazam for a spiritomb
    -Firstly you have a solid counter for other spin blockers such as rotom and mismagius
    -you have your own spin blocker
    -alakazam is too fragile and is easy prey fr pursuiters.

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    200hp/150def/100sp.def/60att Sassy
    -Pursuit
    -Rest
    -Will-o-wisp/Physcic
    -Shadow sneak

I dont have time to rate any further to so good luck with your team.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I see your team is one that would benefit greatly from early entry hazards put up then pressure the opponent to keep switching. Use an omastar lead, they almost beat every other lead and those that it cant set up upon they cannot set up entry ahzards as well(venusaur,jumpluff).

Omastar@Lum berry/Focus sash
    150HP/252SP.ATT/108SPEED
    -SURF
    -HP GRASS
    -ICE BEAM
    -SPIKES

Since you have scarf typholsion id really advice you to change alakazam for a spiritomb
    -Firstly you have a solid counter for other spin blockers such as rotom and mismagius
    -you have your own spin blocker
    -alakazam is too fragile and is easy prey fr pursuiters.

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    200hp/150def/100sp.def/60att Sassy
    -Pursuit
    -Rest
    -Will-o-wisp/Physcic
    -Shadow sneak

I dont have time to rate any further to so good luck with your team.

Why do you suggest such horrible EV spreads and movesets (Spiritomb's moveset AND nature is soooo bad)? And, some leads like Torterra beat Omastar and set up Stealth Rock.

Back