• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marshadow has been banned

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    mYz4qw9.gif

Fighting / Ghost
    Technician
    90 HP / 125 Atk / 80 Def / 90 SpA / 90 SpD / 125 Spe
    Relevant moves: Spectral Thief, Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch or Hidden Power Ice, Swagger, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Substitute, Thunder Punch, Poison Jab, Laser Focus, Will-O-Wisp​

Note that Smogon's and our server haven't been updated with it yet, but it's already on the Showdown repository. Ours will be later today or tomorrow. What movesets are you most interested in? Do you think it'll be quick-banned? Discuss.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I do expect this mon to be Quick Banned. It's obscenely broken for OU and has nearly unresisted coverage. I think a set of Spectral Thief/Close Combat/Ice Punch/Poison Jab will be the best. Stone Edge could be used to OHKO Ho-oh. Since it has passable bulk, Bulk Up might be niche, but I think you are better off just running an all out attacking set with Choice Band, Choice Scarf, or Life Orb.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • All-out attacker for me:
    -Close Combat
    -Spectral Thief
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Ice Punch/Poison Jab
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Marshadium Z

Marshadow has literally unresisted coverage in its STABs, but the 4th move depends on whether Garchomp/Therian Landorus or Tapu Bulu/Tapu Fini are more problematic.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah, Shadow Sneak is a must. Drain Punch could be alright in the last slot over Ice Punch too. Heals back any Life Orb recoil. However, there are a lot of Fighting resists in SM OU, so it may not get many chances to use it. Worth testing.

Also, HP Ice deals more damage to Landorus-T and Garchomp at the cost of having to use Naive or Hasty. OHKOes defensive Landorus-T with Life Orb. Jolly could work but it means a worse chance at OHKOing Garchomp and offensive Zygarde without chip damage. Ice Punch does more to defensive Zygarde with a good chance of OHKOing, but HP Ice 2HKOes even with Jolly. Of course, Ice Punch is better with Band or Bulk Up.

Sirfetch’d

Marshadow has been released on main as if this afternoon. I tried it a few times and I can say it is absolutely living up to the hype. Crazy powerful and hard to switch into.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ok so apparently you're supposed to swagger on the switch and then steal the stats with spectral thief

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    ok so apparently you're supposed to swagger on the switch and then steal the stats with spectral thief
    It's mainly for use vs passive checks like Toxapex. If it gets confused once and doesn't manage to Haze or burn, Marshadow wins.

Sirfetch’d

It appears Toxapex is currently the best answer for this mon. With LO, Thunder Punch only does ~45%, which lets Pex stall it out. Not too sure about Ubers though. I assume Pex is one of, if not the best answer there as well, but I would also think bulkier Arceus variants, max Defense Pdon, etc are being used as well.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • This thing's definitely going to get suspected. Insane typing with coverage to boot (everything that resists Ghost is weak to Fighting and vice versa) along with an OP ability and high stats to boot makes this thing an absolute monster. If anything is to go by, it actually hits harder and faster than Ghost Arceus!

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I think it's just a matter of time. I would be shocked if it wasn't quickbanned within 10 days, if not sooner. Some people are forfeiting on Showdown at Team Preview when they see Marshadow.

Back