• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

P3K Kanto League Beginnings, I: Forests of Varidia [SU/OOC]

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Pokemon 3,000: Kanto League Beginnings
    I: Forests of Varidia

T-Rating
    "Where it all began, it will begin again..."

IC Thread Here

Welcome to the official OOC thread of the P3K roleplaying game! Here we'll discuss the game in general, plus any plot ideas any of you want to share, Pokemon and move requests, plus more!

What Has Changed
    Much has happened over the centuries. Countless wars between Pokemon and man alike were waged, reshaping the land and hearts of the living. The result of this being the land of Kanto, divided into 6 separate landmasses. Though the evil syndicates of the past have been disbanded, their mark on the world is evident, with the disappearance of the legendaries and the reshaped Pokemon world. The future now seems bright, but man hasn't changed, and the winds still howl the name of a growing darkness in the Pokemon world. Now is the time for heroes once more!

Even competition has changed in the Pokemon world. Gyms have become harder, contests are more prestigious, technology far more advanced, and the Pokemon themselves far more adept, including the discovery of an entirely new type of Pokemon, the light-type! Whether you seek to collect the 6 gym badges, 5 contest ribbons, or various other Pokemon-related competitions, Pokemon training has become more diverse than ever!

Kanto, a vast land has been heavily reshaped throughout the years and political boundaries have shifted:
    Spoiler:

Starting A Journey
    All trainers begin their journey by registering as a licensed Pokemon trainer at IAPS, the Institution for Advanced Pokemon Sciences, where they may select a Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Eevee or sometimes another rare Pokemon from Professor Sarah Oak, a relative of Samuel and Gary Oak of centuries past. This world renown woman aids all trainers as they begin their Kanto journey into the world of Pokemon!

All trainers start with a PokeTech that has all sorts of neat devices in it such as a phone, wireless internet, and of course, a Pokedex! They also receive 5 pokeballs to begin their journeys with.

Where It Begins
    Like all Pokemon adventures, they begin in IAPS in Cinnabar City where trainers will receive their starter Pokemon and/or register for the Kanto League or obtain their contest pass to enter contests across Kanto. Most trainers make their way to Varidia, a lush green land known for their agricultural and entertainment industries and home to the first Kanto gym.

Our gang will meet in the IAPS lobby where they will be guided through the process of beginning their journey, meeting up with each other, and riding the express flight over to New Pallet Town to begin their adventures in Kanto. Get ready for a grand adventure into the future of Pokemon!

Pokemon And Master
    Pokemon in the future are more amazing than ever! They can learn up to 8 moves, utilize a new Pokemon type, and are found in even more places than before! In P3K, trainers have the opportunity to teach their Pokemon new moves or catch a Pokemon they come across in their journeys, just as if they were characters in the anime!

Though starting movesets are determined by me, if you want to see a Pokemon in order to catch it or teach it a new move, simply fill out a request in the OOC thread and you might just get what you wish for!

For the in depth explanation of how Pokemon progression will work, please refer to this guide:
    Spoiler:

Rules Of The Game

ONE: I am the game master. My ruling is final. I control several aspects of the RP and I determine the outcome of the events. I will be as fair as I can and ensure the enjoyment of all participants.

TWO: Follow basic roleplaying and PC rules. Godmodding, bunnying, metagaming, etc. isn't allowed. I will determine the outcome of events and they will be fair. Period. Not everyone can win, and everyone will lose some.

THREE: Be creative and think outside of the box. I will favor players who develop unique and interesting characters and who show off their character in a consistent manner when it comes to training their Pokemon. Just be aware that some characters will be better at Pokemon training than others, so create the right character!

FOUR: Develop a strong character and make them unique and interesting, as well as the Pokemon you obtain. You get to control your character (obviously) and their Pokemon. What happens to your character in the RP is based on how well you roleplay your character and their Pokemon and how believable you make it appear. Mary/Gary Sues will not last a minute here.

FIVE: Movesets, the Pokemon we encounter, what attacks hit, what happens to who, who gets what, is ALL determined by me, as I am the game master. Things can't always go your way. You're cooperating with several roleplayers, so respect them. You win some, you lose some. If you want your Pokemon to learn a move or you want to obtain a certain Pokemon, send me a request via PM. The form will be posted in the OOC thread.

SIX: I am seeking EXCEPTIONAL roleplayers who will commit to an RP and be fairly active in it. If the first one goes well, I will continue the RP into Lunalnan and on from there, but that requires people to be here to respond, and I want them to be good. New roleplayers feel free to apply, but I will be fairly strict with sign-ups and I will select the best there is with those who have the most interesting sign-up. One post a day is the minimum unless you give me a good excuse in advance.

Time To Sign Up!
    So you want to give it a shot, eh? Well, here it is! Keep your application clean, easily readable, use the English language well, and create a great character!

NOTE: Keep your character unique from the pack. Ideally, I'd like each character to have different ultimate objectives but have enough of a reason to travel together. You don't have to compete in the Kanto League or Kanto Contests, and I prefer it if not everyone does.

Name: (First and last. Nicknames and middle names optional.)
    Age: (16 is the youngest allowed age to train Pokemon in any region, whether you do contests or gyms or not. Not accepting any characters over 24.)
    Profession: (What aspect of Pokemon do you specialize in? Do you specialize in a specific type or species? Are you a standard trainer? A coordinator? A doctor, researcher, athlete, scientist, intern, student, artist, watcher, professor, chef, police officer, secret agent, connoisseur, stylist? How does your character interact with their Pokemon and what do they want to accomplish with them? Look to the anime for ideas if you need them or ask me if you want ideas. Be creative!)
    Competition: (Are you competing in the Kanto League by challenging gyms? Are you entering contests to make it to the Grand Festival? Are you competing in a smaller competitive Pokemon based competition like ping pong or pokeathlons? Are you non-competitive and just want to raise Pokemon? Where does your character's aspirations lie?)
    Experience: (Some characters might be new to Pokemon trainers while others may not. Please state your experience but make it appropriate for your character's age.)
    Nationality: (Singabbarian, Varidian, Lunalnian, Avendorian, Fuschjian, or Indigalian. Try to pick one nobody else has chosen. Kanto outsiders are permitted but I prefer people from Kanto and thus you better produce an amazing app. if you want to be from outside Kanto. I'm only allowing one app. per outsider per region, so if 2 people want to be outsiders from Johto, only one can be from Johto.)
    Hometown: (Refer to the map and pick any town in that region. Seafoam islands are part of Singabbar while the Cerulean archipelago is split. The south island is Lunalnan, the north being Avendorias. If you are from outside Kanto, list your hometown as N/A. We don't know how other regions look yet.)
    Starter: (These aren't guaranteed so you'll be requesting 2 Pokemon and getting only 1 of the 2 in the RP. First list your standard 4 pick, then pick one you'd rather have as a starter. If you'd rather start with one of the standard 4, then only list which of those you want. The second one isn't required, but a standard 4 pick is mandatory. The second choice must be the lowest evolved form in its family. No evolving Pokemon are a case-by-case basis. If you aren't just starting out but already have Pokemon, list this as N/A. Give me the gender and natures you want for each of them, though keep in mind you should select natures based on how you want it to act, not because it gives the stats you want in the games!)
    Personality: (Describe your character's behavior, likes, dislikes, passions, dreams, etc. Make your character interesting and fun. One that can really add a solid dynamic to the group! Give a solid description of a few paragraphs.)
    Appearance: (Ugly, beautiful, whatever. As long as it's realistic. Be sure to describe each aspect of the character thoroughly, minus the obvious things that need not be mentioned. Eyes, hair, skin, face, body type, height, typical clothing style for various weather conditions, accessories if there are any, and tattoos if there are any. Don't draw it out but give us a clear idea of what your character looks like. No pictures are allowed unless they the EXACT appearance of your character and it is a picture created by you and you alone. You still have to fully describe them in writing with or without a picture. A few solid paragraphs is expected.)
    Biography: (Give me a solid idea of your character's background. It doesn't have to be too in-depth but I want to know how the character related to family and people he or she knew growing up, how their environment affected them, how they came to decide to train Pokemon, etc. If you need information on a nation or region where they're from, ask me first. If you're from outside Kanto, this is lest restricted but you will have to talk to me first before submitting a bio.)
    Pokemon: (This is for experienced trainers only. New trainers getting their starters will NOT fill this out and instead list it as N/A. Experienced trainers must underline the one that was their starter. I may ask you to change the Pokemon you have based on the character you give me. I want genders and natures for them as well. Remember, make sure natures match how you will roleplay each Pokemon.)

Accepted Trainer Sign-ups
    Since applications are under way, I'll be posting the status of applications so you'll all know how everything's turning out. There's no need to reserve a spot because there are an indefinite amount of spots. When I feel there are enough, I will close future applications, so if you're interested, sign-up ASAP before I decide we have enough people.

Xoxaa Lizarkia; Singabbar played by Xlugon Pyro; ACCEPTED
    Leonard Radcliff; Indigalos played by Raikiri; ACCEPTED
    Riku Kimura; Varidia played by Charizard_Man; ACCEPTED

Keep this thread limited to discussions regarding the RP please.

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • The Pokemon Gang
    This will be for the players so that we can keep track of their characters and their Pokemon. I will update it soon.

New Move Dictionary
    I will catalog new moves that are accepted in the RP for people to see. I will update this section soon.​

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • I made some significant edits to reduce the bulk of the RP intro so it would be less intimidating. Hopefully we'll get some quality apps soon. :)

I also cut down the gunk in the PI explanation so applicants have less to read.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • This seems really interesting even if it does seem really complicated. And long. REALLY long. (sighs) If you feel that my pokemon are a bit TOO evolved, I'll make Haunter into a Gastly. xD

I'll have to get back to you; I have Tae Kwon Do.

Name: Miharu Mizushima

Profession:
    Psychic and Poison types Trainer

Competition: Kanto League

Experience:
    Miharu has been traveling for two years now, but choosing to mostly travel around and train first before battling the gyms.

Nationality:
    Avendorian

Hometown: Lavender Town

Starter:
    N/A

Personality:
    (Describe your character's behavior, likes, dislikes, passions, dreams, etc. Make your character interesting and fun. One that can really add a solid dynamic to the group! Give a solid description of a few paragraphs.)

Appearance:
    (Ugly, beautiful, whatever. As long as it's realistic. Be sure to describe each aspect of the character thoroughly, minus the obvious things that need not be mentioned. Eyes, hair, skin, face, body type, height, typical clothing style for various weather conditions, accessories if there are any, and tattoos if there are any. Don't draw it out but give us a clear idea of what your character looks like. No pictures are allowed unless they the EXACT appearance of your character and it is a picture created by you and you alone. You still have to fully describe them in writing with or without a picture. A few solid paragraphs is expected.)

Biography:
    (Give me a solid idea of your character's background. It doesn't have to be too in-depth but I want to know how the character related to family and people he or she knew growing up, how their environment affected them, how they came to decide to train Pokemon, etc. If you need information on a nation or region where they're from, ask me first. If you're from outside Kanto, this is lest restricted but you will have to talk to me first before submitting a bio.)

Pokemon:

Kadabra, Male, Modest

Haunter, Female, Timid

Nidorino, Male, Adamant

Staryu, N/A, Naive

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • You do have quite a bit of first stage Pokemon but your character has a bit of experience under her belt so it's fine.

Back