• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Digimon World 2.5[Update]

Which do you prefer?

• Lunamon&Coronamon

Votes: 62 72.1%
  • Herissmon&Labramon

Votes: 24 27.9%

• Total voters

phantominoid

Darkness Within
Years
  • INTRODUCTION
    Title.png
    Hey! This is a Digimon World 2 semi-remake in the sense that it is possible to alter the events of the story based on your decisions. I've been working on it for about four months and I figured I'd love some feed back going forward. The game is made in RPG maker MV using custom scripts to replicate the functions of the original game. Digimon world 2 has always been one of my absolute favorite Digimon game, so it felt right to go with that one. Just to be clear, I'm also MystDesdemona and Dai if you find those names hanging somewhere else in the web.

STORY
    Follow the events of Digimon World 2 from the perspective another character (Default name Excellion) following his transformation into a human-Digimon hybrid. Choose a Chaos Lord to ally with and alter the events of the story to suit your needs. Having playing the original Digimon World 2 is not a requirement to understand the story.

FEATURES
    • A battle system that replicates Counters and Interrupts along with the multiple turns from the DS games.
    • Your actions and choices determine everything, from the Digimon you unlock to the Bosses you end up fighting.
    • Recreated and streamlined dungeons and Digi-Beetle features for less frustrating moments such as larger inventory and more useful Items.
    • Recruit, Trade, Digivolve and DNA-Digivolve to collect as many moves as possible. Create your ultimate Digimon.
    • Collect Digi-Eggs(Digmentals) and Spirits to unlock even more Digivolutions.
    • Join up with Akira, Bertran, Joy-Joy and Kim as a friend, rival or even foe.

PROGRESS REPORT
    About 2 hours of game-play at the moment. Updates will be every story segment which amounts to about 2-3 dungeons like the original game.

SCREENSHOTS
    Spoiler:

RECRUITMENT
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD
    Spoiler:

CREDITS
    Silva, Yanfly, SRD, Galv, AloeGuvner and Mjshi for the variety of plugins used.
    All Digimon assets belong to their respective owners.
    Enterbrain for RPG Maker MV.
    Psychronic Game Studios for some of the tiles used.
    Hadecynn for animation sheets.
    HimeWorks for scripts
    Eric Matyas for the Wicked Dreams BGM.
    If I forgot anything, please let me know and I'll update it ASAP

Last edited:

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Updated the Menu Screen because the vanilla one looked terrible.
    This one shows the Attribute and the species, as well as the current location.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Will the story make sense if I haven't played Digimon 2? It looks interesting but since it's an unofficial sequel I'm worried I'd be completely lost regarding the plot.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • @Inkwriter That is the aim considering the game never made it to Europe. You don't have to play the original to follow up on the story. Akira himself is a prominent character so they player will be able to follow his exploits as they happened in the original game, provided they take the vanilla path. Either than that, many things are either explained by NPCs or through glossaries.

Last edited:

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Can I play this on emulators?
    It's an RPG Maker MV game, so you have to play it on PC. I believe there is an RPG maker MV emulator for android but I haven't tested it myself.

New update coming soon, including a mini-map radar like in the original game.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2023
    Hello. Made an account just to chime in that i think your game is shaping up to be a really interesting experience! Would love to see how you are going to develop it further.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Hello. Made an account just to chime in that i think your game is shaping up to be a really interesting experience! Would love to see how you are going to develop it further.
    Glad you feel that way :) I hope to replicate the experience of the original game (Albeit faster in battle). I'm hoping the new update would showcase a lot more features, as well as a massive increase to available Digimon, each with a unique skill and animation.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Hey! It's been a while, so I figured I'd post a new update since I'm done with Japanese tests and what not.
    All currently available Digimon are ready and implemented, along with some tweaks and fixes.
    Here is what is being worked on right now:
    Spoiler:

A little blast from the past :P The GIF is laggy, not the actual game. It's not fully done yet but very close to completion. Also, this will not replace the normal battle system, it's an alternative one that will go side by side, mostly. It will focus on Digivolving and jogressing in battle.

That's about it for this time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Have a nice day/evening :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    really love this idea and can't wait for the finished project. digimon world 2 is one of my fav ps1 games.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • really love this idea and can't wait for the finished project. Digimon world 2 is one of my fav ps1 games.
    I hope to meet your expectations :) I also hope for a Digimon world 2 official remake but that's probably a little too hopeful.

Progress is steady, with a new plugin and important feature to show:
    Spoiler:

Unlike the original Digimon World 2, tournaments aren't a story progression event only. There will be plenty of other optional ones, similar to Cyber Sleuth and Re-digitize.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Excellent game, I had the pleasure of spending the entire series of Digimon games in its entirety. If you allow me, I could recommend some improvements to the game now that I've been playing for a while. I have many recommendations and improvements which I can tell you by some means which you prefer, if you have no problems of course.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Excellent game, I had the pleasure of spending the entire series of Digimon games in its entirety. If you allow me, I could recommend some improvements to the game now that I've been playing for a while. I have many recommendations and improvements which I can tell you by some means which you prefer, if you have no problems of course.
    I am open for any recommendations/opinions so I'd love to hear your take on the matter. We can take it up on Discord or Skype if that's something. Just send me a PM.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    Its funny...I was googling for those old digimon hack roms to play and laugh with a friend. Stumbled onto some pokemon fan-games and decided coming here. You know...People often get here to search for Pokemon games...But its even ironic to think that I love Digimon more than Poke...I found a Digimon game onto a Pokemon site!! Heheh!

But seriously, this here? Its a hidden gem. The Digimon community lack this type of initiative. There are plenty of Pokemon fan-games and hack roms, but rarely you see digimon fan-games or mods for the games available. My last experience with one was a bit sad. Digimon Your Digital Dream was pretty good, but the project died without much to say. Yada yada, Attention Deficit attacking again.

First of all : Digimon World 2 is underrated.
    As a kid I didn't enjoyed it much as Digimon World and Digimon World 3 (My fav game...By far. Of, like, life. I played more than 1000 hours of that shit). But when I decided to replay it as a teenager...Hoo boy, what a fun ride. This game here captivated me, really. The story has a good premise, full of potential and pretty neat plot (I was incredibly excited by the appearance of the Chaos Lords, and just really iusahdiaushd, I rushed to my friends with a print claiming for help because I wasn't capable of choosing between them).

Battling is fun, the combat is hard but not too hard. The Speed system is cool. And...Oh, I shiver just to remember. You put all the voice-lines that I repeated through my whole childhood, the weird engrish skill names! "Arara ainda presta", "Cícero Fire" "Saco de Arroz" "Suvaco do Ed" (Its portuguese, my mother language. It should be something like "Macaw still good", "Rice Sack" and "Ed's Armpit").

I'm struggling a bit to play, not only because I was terrifyingly dumb and bought the wrong items, but because my PC kinda wanted to cry blood while playings (Its all old and senile. If my PC was a Digimon, it would be Jijimon.) but it was hella fun.

I have some critics tho.
    1 - I imagine this is a kind of bug, or a 1st Version only thingie. But eyes are always blue, hair always blonde. At least in my case.
    2 - The first fight with Panjyamon, it was indeed quite challenging (You feel in control, but he just feels too dangerous, which is cool) but I think it felt dragged a bit too long. His attacks weren't a threat to destroy me, and defeating him was like a slow damage race. I think if he had like 100~150 less of HP, I would've enjoyed the battle more.
    3 - At first I was a little confused because I tried to shot skateboards while in the map (Yeah, I know, I'm dumb) and discovered later it was used in battle here. But the signs you get to know if it was successful or not aren't really clear (Like the big heart thing in DW2)

But...Really, this is a GREAT experience. I'm cheering for you. I will still finish my first run, and then play again to test a bit more of things, and get a second view to help more. And probably I will be sending PM, because well...I do am a little...Digimon Fanatic (Cough Cough I know the names and almost all techniques of every and each digimon from 2012 to below cough cough) and I do...Kinda, have experience in writing stories. So, I will help as much as possible!

See ya soon~~!

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years

• I had the same thought actually. I mean, it is pokecommunity, but I did see two other Digimon fan games, so I figured, why not? And here we are.

I'm very pleased that you liked. I did enjoy Your Digital Dream and it is a shame that it got on hold/canned or whatever the situation is, but it is a little too much like pokemon.

I usually replay World 2 with one of my siblings at least once a year, with no less than 60 hours xD Same thing goes for the first one. The original plot of World 2 is great, but I need to build up more since we're not following Akira himself, the chaos lords are a great opportunity. I can't speak for what Digimon the MC chooses depending on the Chaos Lord though.

Absolutely, it was imperative that I bring out the attack names. that IS one of my favorite aspects about Digimon. I even re-watched season 1,2 and 4 to rip out the moves' names from them.

The performance is greatly improved since that last time, i.e. the demo you played. It's 4 months old and I took out some problematic plugins and other things, making it smooth even on my 10 year old laptop.

1-That's not exactly a bug, but more wrong word for the color palette. That whole thing is going to be replaced (or is being replaced to be more precise.)
    2- I agree with the Panjyamon xD Don't worry though, the battle is tweaked and it is HARD because it is supposed to be. On the other hand, your Digimon now have multiple moves and options and you have a full case of items to use during the fight because the Panjyamon will hurt. I played through it at least 20 times and it felt a lot more fluid.
    3-Me, two of my siblings and a friend agreed that "shooting" the gifts was a pain in the nether regions, so we scrapped that idea in favor of giving it to them in battle. No more Birdramon reaching you too fast, or having to catch one behind a wall. I agree with you concerning the icons, so now you'll get a heart animation that plays in a loop and it will get bigger at each threshhold (33% 66 and 100), letting you know what your chances are.

I would love a PM xD I could use more extensive knowledge as well as a second opinion. I hope to hear from you :)

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
  • this has been an amazing game so far, thank you!

Glad you liked it, and sorry for the very late reply. It didn't feel too good to reply without progress to show or talk about.

Progress has been made despite being stuck abroad and a lot of the base code has been changed/updated, along with the inclusion of many new features. That said, the UI needs to be finished in its redesign before I would post the new update. On the bright side, that allows me to finish a new dungeon to be included, as well as put up a poll of minor-medium importance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2022
    i have played the orginial so often, it was the beste digimon game for me
    its a suprise to see this game its very nice i hope its still in the process of making

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2020
    I tested an account just for this so I can try it!!! Love this idea. DW2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Looking forward to playing this

Back