• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle AI - modify?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Hi together,

I want to edit the skill level for trainers. Unfortunatey I couldn't find a proper topic to ask for. I read the article Battle AI from the offical essential page, but not all my questions are answered.

Sooner I read, the skill level ranges between 0-255, but in another post somebody said, the skill level is not programed until 255.
    Can someone tell me, where's the cut between low/medium/high skilled trainers? Where it changes from low to medium resp. to high skill level? And where the programming stops?

Pokemon Essentials wikia said:
    Levels of AI Better trainers should be cleverer than worse trainers. The way the AI decides how good a trainer is is by looking at how much money the player will receive by defeating them - the more money they give out, the better a trainer they are, and the better their AI is.
    - What has the money to do with the skill level? When I look at the following line:
    13,THUG,Thug,56,,,,Male,200,
    56 is the money and 255 the skill level rate, why the wiki says the skill level depends on the money? So, if I want to have a high skilled trainer (e.g. champ/rival), do I have to set a high skill level AND a high money level rate?

Cheers Hargatio

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hi together,

I want to edit the skill level for trainers. Unfortunatey I couldn't find a proper topic to ask for. I read the article Battle AI from the offical essential page, but not all my questions are answered.

Sooner I read, the skill level ranges between 0-255, but in another post somebody said, the skill level is not programed until 255.
    Can someone tell me, where's the cut between low/medium/high skilled trainers? Where it changes from low to medium resp. to high skill level? And where the programming stops?

- What has the money to do with the skill level? When I look at the following line:
    56 is the money and 255 the skill level rate, why the wiki says the skill level depends on the money? So, if I want to have a high skilled trainer (e.g. champ/rival), do I have to set a high skill level AND a high money level rate?

Cheers Hargatio

I'm not really into this so I'm probably going to be wrong by saying this, but I thought it depends on the money, which the money depends on the highest level Pok?mon of the opposing trainer.

I ran a quick test with the following presets: A trainer with its XP set to 60, his highest Pok?mon was level 10 and I got 600 poke dollars at the end of the battle.
    That makes: TrainerEXP*HighestLvlPoke

So if you'd want to make it very skilled, change either one. A problem would be that you can't have his money set to like 1000 to have him be crazy smart because that would give quite some money in return.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

Years
  • Top of the PokeBattle_AI script section:
    Code:
    # AI skill levels:
    #           0:     Wild Pok?mon
    #           1-31:  Basic trainer (young/inexperienced)
    #           32-47: Some skill
    #           48-99: High skill
    #           100+:  Gym Leaders, E4, Champion, highest level

Back