• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code Geass GAIDEN: Boukoku no Akito

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Code Geass GAIDEN: Boukoku no Akito is the official name given to the code geass side story special to be released today.
    It follows a European frontline squadron entering a battle with only 5% chance of winning.
    -
    Well in my opinion this looks really good, what are others opinions on it? Has anyone seen it yet? What do you think of it?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • In my opinion, this doesn't sound like something I'd want to watch. It just sounds kind of boring and any synonym of boring that fits here.

Hopefully, more information will change my opinion on this.

Akari

Man
    Years
  • A 5% chance? How did they calculate that? I'm still pretty lost as to what this is, but since it's Code Geass, I'm hoping the narm wouldn't be as bad as second season's.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Well, I think following Lelouch further would be over-kill . Clearly the makers are trying out a new cast to see how fans react to them. I personally hope they do well and make a third season (technically first season of side story). Also hoping for some more loveable characters =3

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Just kill Code Geass off already. Nightmares of Nunally was mediocre at best from what I've read, and I'm not interested in this, since it lacks Lelouch, an overall interesting character.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I'm sure we'll have a lelouch-like character, in the sense they'll obviously have complex strategies, battleplans and Piloting skills in order to not even win, but supposedly even if they lost, to survive to whole special would take genius.
    I, personally, am hoping for a new Lord Jeremiah type person before he got Geass Canceller.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I'm kind of hoping they shed light on the Knights of Round we were never introduced to. I think a few of them never made an appearance of any sort? It's been a while since I finished R2, so... That said, no Lelouch is enough reason for me to want to watch it. I've never liked his character. The Code Geass could expand so far considering how Geass works, so it's been depressing that Lelouch has been in like ALL media thus far. You could cover so much more!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I'm kind of hoping they shed light on the Knights of Round we were never introduced to. I think a few of them never made an appearance of any sort? It's been a while since I finished R2, so... That said, no Lelouch is enough reason for me to want to watch it. I've never liked his character. The Code Geass could expand so far considering how Geass works, so it's been depressing that Lelouch has been in like ALL media thus far. You could cover so much more!

I think that's what they're trying =3

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 31
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I think that's what they're trying =3

I hope they do so.

I think making an entire third season might be overkill, but in my opinion, R2 felt kind of rushed. Like others said, several Knights of the Round made very limited (if any) appearances and the goings-on in the rest of the world (i.e. the war in Europe as a result of half of the E.U. joining the U.F.N., rebellions in the Indian subregion of the Chinese Federation as mentioned throughout the series, etc.) were barely even touched on if they were even shown at all. I understand that as a Japanese series, Code Geass was obviously going to primarily revolve around the events going on in Japan, but as so many critical elements of the plot (Suzaku being deployed to France, Cornelia's conquest of the Arabian peninsula, the Thought Elevators in Iran, the U.K., Newfoundland, etc.) took place outside Asia, I was hoping to see more of that uniquely "international" element portrayed in the main series.

I'm more content with stuff like this than some kind of a choppy, sellout-y "R3" or another non-canonical series like Nightmare of Nunally which, in my opinion, is passable at best.

Has anyone seen the actual special yet? Was it any good?

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years
  • Are they really going to continue the series. They should just shop it now. :P

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 31
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Are they really going to continue the series. They should just shop it now. :P

From my understanding, it's not a continuation (in the sense of a third season) as much as an expansion of the first two seasons, with the events of the special occuring as R1 and R2 are taking place.

Anyone wanna correct me on that if I'm wrong?

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years

• From my understanding, it's not a continuation (in the sense of a third season) as much as an expansion of the first two seasons, with the events of the special occuring as R1 and R2 are taking place.

Anyone wanna correct me on that if I'm wrong?

That's what I kinda meant....I think. Dx
    Was thinking about something else as I was typing.

But it's not really that needed :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017

That's what I kinda meant....I think. Dx
    Was thinking about something else as I was typing.

But it's not really that needed :3

Meh, if they were going to continue CG I'm glad they do it with this new cast and not continuing Lulu. (Even though they probably won't go further then the special, unless it's super popular).

Back