• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ahhhh violent games, why not remembering them, do you know or played some ones?

Years
  • The ones that comes into my mind and ones that are my favorites is the gta franchise, postal 2, mortal kombat 1, 2, 3, ultimate, 4, deception, armageddon, deadly alliance and trilogy (the 1, 2, 3, deception, armageddon, deadly alliance and ultimate i run those in zsnes and pcsx2 respectively, and mortal kombat 4 and trilogy i installed the windows port and i liked both), postal 2 is so cool also, gta san andreas i played a lot back then with or without mods, that game is really FUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!, also counter strike 1.6, source and global offensive deserve mention here, 1.6 for being the game that really got me into cs franchise, also played other well know gta titles like 1, 2, III, vice city, IV, both london titles and the latest one, gta v.
    Also played a lot of doom and duke nukem 3d too, both games are good.
    PS: I forgot to mention that i do played first the mortal kombat arcade ones in mame until ultimate mortal kombat 3, playing mk4 in an arcade emulator is pretty strange for me since is a full 3d game but i will play it too, also played the ps1 and n64 ports in ps1 and n64 emulators respectively too.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The ones that comes into my mind and ones that are my favorites is the gta franchise, postal 2, mortal kombat 1, 2, 3, ultimate, 4, deception, armageddon and deadly alliance (the 1, 2, 3, deception, armageddon, deadly alliance and ultimate i run those in zsnes and pcsx2 respectively, and mortal kombat 4 i installed the windows port and i liked it), postal 2 is so cool also, gta san andreas i played a lot back then with or without mods, that game is really FUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!, also counter strike 1.6, source and global offensive deserve mention here, 1.6 for being the game that really got me into cs franchise, also played other well know gta titles like 1, 2, III, vice city, IV, both london titles and the latest one, gta v.
    Also played a lot of doom and duke nukem 3d too, both games are good.
    PS: I forgot to mention that i do played first the mortal kombat arcade ones in mame until ultimate mortal kombat 3, playing mk4 in an arcade emulator is pretty strange for me since is a full 3d game, also played the ps1 and n64 ports in ps1 and n64 emulators respectively too.

Game that defined "violence" in the 90's was Doom in my opinion. Doom's popularity was rampant and although games like Duke Nukem and Castle Wolfenstein came before it, Doom was the game to play in the 90's. Quake and other FPS genres like Halo came after. Street Fighter, believe or not, had blood and other issues that were later toned down but Mortal Kombat took it to the extreme. It was these games that were later lambasted and used as justification for forming the ESRB(since before then Parents had no means to judge games for certain content).

Years
  • Game that defined "violence" in the 90's was Doom in my opinion. Doom's popularity was rampant and although games like Duke Nukem and Castle Wolfenstein came before it, Doom was the game to play in the 90's. Quake and other FPS genres like Halo came after. Street Fighter, believe or not, had blood and other issues that were later toned down but Mortal Kombat took it to the extreme. It was these games that were later lambasted and used as justification for forming the ESRB(since before then Parents had no means to judge games for certain content).
    Pretty true, i played doom 3 too, that i never played before, pretty sad i am too lazy to 100% the game itself, also played doom 2 and the final doom (even if i never 100% this last one), is still fun to play even by today standards, also played duke nukem 3d, is equally fun like doom.
    Portal 2 is violent? Not from what I remember playing of it.
    I mean "Postal 2" not "Portal 2", the one that has postal dude as a protagonist, is an first person gta-like, that you can kill people and you can decide if you do the things as a normal person or just do it in the most violent ways possible, like peeing on people when they are killed, and also the own protagonist talk hilarious things (i am not really joking), and postal 2 is an 2003 pc game, also an arcade first person game too, it also got a sequel in 2011 called postal 3, that uses the source engine from valve, but i don't really recommend it, is really buggy even when you first start the game and jump the cutscene, and before you ask, yes, postal 2 is an pc-exclusive game, even got a linux port.
    Grand Theft Auto is probably my favorite series.

I liked 5 enough to get 100%.
    I also enjoy 5 too, but my favorite will always be san andreas because of it's 1000% mods it has and having a great story and a big map (even if i never 100% it tbh), but i also like gta 3, vice city and 4.

Last edited:
    Back