• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Liquid Crystal, Inside the Mind of Crystal!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
  • Hello Pokecommunity and welcome to my Let's Play Liquid Crystal, Inside the Mind of Crystal! In this let's play I will not be using video's for appearance, instead I will be using screenshots of game-play events. I simply do not have the time nor do I have the software or the knowledge to video edit so I'm replacing it with screenshots so the community can follow the story. The game-play is Liquid Crystal with no changes, but there is a side story, and that story is the adventure and the mind of a young new coming trainer named Crystal! The story was created by me, ShinyUmbreon189 and I will do the best I can to entertain everybody. The goal is to make the story as interesting as possible leaving the community excited and not being able to wait for the next chapter(s). The story will be followed in chapters in the events in which they appear so I hope you guys enjoy the Liquid Crystal, Inside the Mind of Crystal! So let's get this story going!

Sf367r.jpg

Chapter 1: Crystal Get's Her First Pokemon!

The young 13 year old Crystal is more determined than ever to get her journey going and to meet many Pokemon and trainers, but she has a long road ahead of her.
    Jp7OGx.jpg

Crystal is about to start her journey until she see's a suspicious male with red hair looking into the back window of Prof. Elms laboratory. So she thinks to herself, "What is he doing? I'm hoping he isn't planning on breaking in and causing the first crime ever to be witnessed in Newbark Town, that's the last thing we need, a criminal in our town!" Crystal decides that she must go confront him and figure out what he is doing but he retaliates by asking her what she's looking at and pushes her away.

ALYPOa.jpg

The furious Crystal then walks into Prof. Elms lab to aware the professor that him and his lab may be in danger but she is cut short but Elm asking her to train one of his Pokemon to begin her Pokemon journey.
    Ever since Crystal was 4 years old she wanted to go on an adventure with a Pokemon so with no hesitation she accepts the offer.

aXAMHY.jpg

But Crystal is faced with a hard decision and doesn't know which Pokemon to begin her journey with. She finds all 3 to be the cutest little critters but she realizes she can only choose 1.

PAHX6W.jpg
    VDaDg5.jpg
    HAOz8Q.jpg

After observing all 3 starters Crystal decided to go with the fire Pokemon, Cyndaquil! When the Cyndaquil finds out Crystal is his new trainer he starts running around the lab and jumping with joy like a dog when he finds out their owner is home, and the Cyndaquil can't wait to start battling!

She named the Cyndaquil 'Vulcan', I mean, who wouldn't?

729IhF.jpg

With her and her new Pokemon Cyndaquil, she carelessly runs towards the exit and in no time at all she is stopped by one of Elms aids. "There's no rush Crystal, you have all day to begin your journey. By the way, you should take these Potions for your journey so your Pokemon doesn't faint. If your Pokemon faints it will start losing it's trust in you and begin to hate you so you must take extra care of your Pokemon."

90p3e6.jpg

Crystal appreciates what the aid has done for her. She takes a deep breathe..... and she begins to walk outside to begin her journey!

Chapter 2: Crystal Begins Her Pokemon Journey!

After feeling the cool breeze outside she quickly starts running to get her journey started until she's stopped by a wild Rattata. "Okay Cyndaquil, it's time to show this Rattata why it shouldn't of messed with us!"

SmEfER.jpg
    The Rattata was easily defeated and Crystal is excited to see whats up ahead of her, so she keeps moving on.

After battling many Pidgey's and Rattata's she finally sees what looks like a town in the distance. Crystal keeps running towards the town and she is stopped by an old man? Crystals mom always told her not to talk to strangers (especially older folks), but she doesn't see a candy van anywhere and he seemed like a pleasant man so she went against her moms will and talked to the old man. "Wait, do candy vans even exist in the Pokemon world, or is it just a myth and only applies to planet Earth?"

The old man realizes that she's a rookie and asks her if he can give her some helpful tips before she goes any further on her adventure.

VLDJQD.jpg

The young Crystal is relieved that he doesn't have a candy van and isn't trying to kidnap her, so she asks for the old mans helpful advice.

k1WlCD.jpg
    69ntV2.jpg

After the old man taker her on a little tour through the town he thanks her for her company and giver he a townmap. "Thanks, now I'll never get lost and stranded in the middle of nowhere and die."

f18CMn.jpg

Crystal took a quick look at the map and see's Mr. Pokemon's house is in the distant and she will arrive there in no time. So she heals her Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and heads up north towards Mr. Pokemon's house.
    On the way Crystal struggled to make it after Caterpies left her Cyndaquil looking like a ball of yarn from String Shot, but she's relieved that she's made it to his house in one piece.

Crystal walks into the house and she is confronted by Mr. Pokemon and asks her if she can deliver a mystery egg to Prof. Elm? Crystal say's, "Sure", and she receives the mystery egg from Mr. Pokemon.

ypxkW5.jpg

Prof. Oak, who is a long time friend of Mr. Pokemon see's a lot of potential in Crystal and asks her to complete the Pokedex for her. Crystal says to herself, "Ha, now I can sell this masterpiece on PokeBay and make a ton of money!" But she soon realizes that she will need the Pokedex, as she may get something in return for completing the Pokedex, if she can. "I must complete this Pokedex and get my ten million dollars from Prof. Oak so I can live in luxury!"

uUZm2t.jpg

Now that Crystal's Cyndaquil is refreshed, she can continue her journey.

Chapter 3: The Pokemon Thief

Crystal walks outside and instantly she's getting a phone call from Prof. Elm. "Gawd, this guy is so annoying but I should still see what he wants." So Crystal answers the phone and on the other line Elm is panicking and tells Crystal she needs to come to the lab instantly. "Hmm, what could be wrong? I guess I should go see what all the fuss is about. Maybe it's something to do with that punk at the window!"

Ddk7jy.jpg
    F12MAq.jpg

The worried Crystal starts running back as fast as she possibly can trying to avoid wild Pokemon. Crystal keeps running and realizes she's passing by Cherrgrove City until she runs into the ginger, "Now I shall get my revenge on this ginger, slit his throat and my Cyndaquil will burn him to oblivion, nobody will never know..." The ginger confronts Crystal and say's that she is weak and a wimp because she got a Pokemon from the professor. Crystal: "So you did break into the lab, how dare you? You shouldn't steal Pokemon, and I'm going to defeat you and return the Pokemon back to the Professor!!" Ginger: "Hahahaha!! You're weak, and I'm going to show you how pathetic you and your weak Pokemon are."

jfAylf.jpg

Crystal is now faced with her first ever trainer battle and she must defeat this punk kid with her Cyndaquil, but she's worried that she may lose and that Totodile may bite his head off leaving her with a beheaded Cyndaquil. "I must win this battle, Cyndaquil use Smokescreen and then Tackle!"

LemoLn.jpg
    aNiyhA.jpg

The 2 Pokemon battle it out, blow after blow, Tackle after Scratch. The young Crystal is sweating from nervousness and anger but she must maintain focus and defeat the ginger for the good of Pokemon. Both Pokemon are weak and barely able to stand but Cyndaquil has the upper hand over Totodile for it's agile and quick. Ginger: "I'm tired of looking at your weak Pokemon, Totodile, with full force hit Cyndaquil with Scratch and put it out of it's misery once and for all!" But the tired Totodile is moving like a snail. Crystal: "Hey, you shouldn't be so harsh with your Pokemon, can't you tell that it's wore out from the battle? You aren't even fit to be a Pokemon trainer so I'm going to defeat your Totodile RIGHT NOW. CYNDAQUIL, USE TACKLE WITH FULL POWER!" The Cyndaquil runs at the Totodile and leaves the Totodile on the ground unable to battle."

w9YzyS.jpg

Ginger: "Humph, I only lost because my Pokemon was weak."

pJCiLr.jpg

Crystal: "Now return the Pokemon you stole!" Ginger: "Humph, you're too weak for my Pokemon, I stole this Pokemon so it's mine now. With this Pokemon I'm going to become a Pokemon master and wipe out the weak with my strong Pokemon, the whole world will soon witness the wrath of Silver!"

m3mmGW.jpg

Crystal is now in a rage and keeps running to Prof. Elms lab.

Crystal finally makes it back to Newbark Town and inside Prof. Elms lab is a police officer that tells her a Pokemon was stolen from here not too long ago.

TlqF8V.jpg

Crystal: "I battled a trainer just now that stole Totodile from the lab, and his name was Silver. I tried to get the Pokemon he stole to return to Prof. Elm but he refused and ran towards Cherrygrove City. Hopefully you can find him because he's a destructing human being that only cares about strong Pokemon and seems to abuse his Pokemon. Please save that Totodile, he's going to turn an innocent friendly Pokemon into a destructive evil Pokemon." Police Officer: "I'll call for back up to look for the individual. Don't worry, he wont be causing problems any longer!"

uhzyYA.jpg

Chapter 4: Poliwag, the Tadpole Pokemon

Prof. Elm: Thank you Crystal for trying to stop him yourself, but you can leave the rest to the law. I'm just worried about my Totodile as well. I don't know what to do now, I was supposed to be giving a trainer their Totodile today."

Crystal hands over the egg to Elm and comes to the conclusion that it's a big discovery, it's like nothing he's seen before.
    Prof. Elm: "So Crystal, I noticed Prof. Oak gave you a Pokedex, you should take the gym leader challenge, collect all eight badges and take on the Elite Four and become the Pokemon Champion. But it wont be easy."

4aqZns.jpg

With some new goals on her mind Crystal carelessly runs towards the door and once again stopped by the aid. "Crystal, here, take these Pokeballs for your journey. If you run into a Pokemon you want to include in your team weaken it and throw a Pokeball at it to capture it. But remember, some Pokemon can be very difficult to catch."

VZSs2j.jpg

Crystal continues to run outside to get back to Cherrygrove City. In the next route she runs into a wild Poliwag. "Okay Cyndaquil, let's capture this Poliwag, it looks like a cute Pokemon. A water Pokemon would be nice."

After a hard fought battle with the Poliwag Crystal throws one of her Pokeballs at the Poliwag. The energetic Crystal is keeping her eye on the Pokeball hoping it stays inside. The Pokeball giggles for a bit, then it stops moving. Cyndaquil looks at Crystal with look of happiness and starts running in circles giving Crystal an clear indicator that the Pokemon has been captured. She then walks over to the Pokeball, picks it up, and says, "You are mine now, and I'm going to name you 'Hydro', and together we will beat all eight gym leaders and beat the Elite Four."

jhtLKs.jpg

The excited Crystal realizes it's late and that she needs to take some rest before continuing her journey.

Well guys, that's the introduction to the play-through. It's going to start off slow, but I assure you things will pick up soon as well as the backing story. It's a long play-through so I have plenty of time to put together a clever story for you guys. Hope you guys enjoyed the first four chapters!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So Crystal has a split personality? It's either that or you're a little inconsistent in your writing.

Your LP's ok so far. I like, that it's not a Video-LP. :)

Back