• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What would be a good electric type?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 25, 2019
I'm playing through pokemon pearl with 2 badges so far. But I do not have an electric type for my team and i don't want to use shinx as I already used it in diamond. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Shinx and Pikachu are the only electric type Pokemon I know that are in Pearl. Shinx is common and you can get a Pikachu at the Trophy Garden but Pikachu is rare.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I mean, Shinx is the best option where you are at in the game currently. You could always ditch it later for a Magnemite or Rotom. You could also instead use Pachirisu, but I myself have never used one before, so I can't tell you if it would be a struggle or not.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
you're kind of up shit creek without a paddle when it comes to electric types in diamond/pearl. with the shinx line out, that leaves you with raichu, who is decent enough, and pachirisu, who is not so much. if you have any other gen IV games and a spare (3)ds lying around so that you can trade, then the world is your oyster (i'd recommend magnezone, rotom, or electivire if at all possible) but if not, your pickings are slim until post game unfortunately. best of luck.

Back