• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music The WILLOW fan club

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Title is only partially facetious.

Let's talk about the grunge garage punk princess that Willow Smith (aka WILLOW) is becoming, what with her recent smash hit "t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l" and, recently, more slow-tantric-dance-in-dark-solitude, self-created bop "lipstick" -

She's never really released anything that's "missed," and if anyone disagrees, let's go back and forth about it:

"ARDIPITHECUS" was an experimental masterpiece that has to be appreciated for what it was/how old she was (15)
"The 1st" is a top tier, no-skips album front-to-back, I won't accept arguments, I had it on repeat for months after its release
"Willow" as in the self-titled album I'd rank lowest for its lack of lasting impact but it has some relaxed, molly-fueled bangers
"THE ANXIETY" which she released with Tyler Cole is great for for periods of self-loathing and void-screaming
"RISE" which is the beautiful, transfixing, heavily Kirtan-influenced yoga-centric album she made with Jahnavi Harrison

Let's talk about her because I'm absolutely ENAMORED with her and have been for years, she's only going to become even more versatile and richly entrenched in the world's cultures and therefore produce even more eclectic sonic experiments!

What's your favorite WILLOW song/album/collaboration? Favorite video/visual?!

Back