• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Am I the only one tired of all the nonstop co-op stuff?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2019
    Everyone's thanking Dena endlessly, but the only thing I see is that they gave us some free gems. I don't mean to say that they aren't working on stuff, but I haven't really seen any change. Everything is constantly just wanting us to play co-op endlessly. And that just gets old, and takes up so much time. Gear, most events, half the missions, all want you to play co-op over and over. Plus, without any friends to play the game with, you have to rely on randoms, who can be less than helpful on the harder difficulties.

I'd like some actual single player content, where I can enjoy using my sync pairs rather than just three attackers in co-op for every event. I'm happy for some co-op stuff, I'd just like it to be more balanced. Anyone else feel the same?

Years
  • so, i agree with you for the most part. the thing is, i especially feel like for harder difficulties/"endgame" content, co-op is simply unavoidable. you get better rewards/items out of them and although it can be argued whether it's easier to take them on with other players vs taking them on yourself, DeNA went with the former route anyway. the Giovanni event was one such example where you could get 14-15 tickets per co-op event while, at best, you'd get maybe 7-8 tickets doing the same events except solo. DeNA has included more story chapters to compensate somewhat, but for those who blaze through the story content like it's nothing, this doesn't really serve that much of a challenge for end-game solo players.

i suppose it wouldn't hurt to allow players to challenge EX bosses solo and see if that works out, although if it happens, expect less rewards than you would obtain by playing co-op as a sort of "incentive" that you should stick with co-op play, anyway.

Back