• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unexpectedly good (or bad)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Have you ever gone into a game not expecting it to be as good as it turned out, either due to what others have said about it or because it's not something you would typically be interested in?

Conversely, have you ever been disappointed by a game that you were really excited to play, but it didn't live up to the hype?

Years
    • Seen today
    I didn't like Super Mario 3D World very much

Mostly because I just like playing through the levels, but at certain points, it forces you to have a certain number of star coins, or you can't continue. So this would lead to me backtracking through the levels and eventually getting bored.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Everyone told me FE fates was terrible, the gameplay wasn't what I expected at all, but I ended up loving it :p

I guess for dislike, Star wars battlefront. The first EA one. Generally not a huge fan of multiplayer only games, so it was kinda disappointing.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Castlevania Symphony of the Night wasn't... as good as I expected it to be? I mean, I enjoyed it a lot and it was really nice and challenging, but it teetered between sluggish and drawn out to really easy to read the moves and adjust accordingly sometimes.

As for the first question, I guess FFXIV? I know its current form is pretty highly praised, but I never expected to stick with it for more than a week. I didn't like MMOs before FFXIV because I couldn't use a keyboard continously for more than thirty minutes, and I guess the inclusion of a gamepad really helped.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I randomly tried playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms X, knowing from the cover art that I will not like the game's art style at all. Don't even know it is a startegy game, which was not my favorite genre. And turns out I enjoyed the game a lot and invested tons of hours conquering China over and over again, lol.

Back