• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] How to properly port RS tiles and maps to FR?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2021
    Hello,

So I have recently tried to port some maps and tilesets from Ruby to FireRed and for the most part I think I did everything correctly. Everything appears normal in AdvanceMap, is where it should be, and the map + tilesets are identical to how they were in Ruby. But then when I load into the game all the tiles (moreso the ones from tileset 2) are completely randomized and all over the place. Now I looked into it and found this thread that explains how to fix it:
    (pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270288) [I can't post links yet...]

But unfortunately i'm kind of confused on how to go on about it... I'm not the best at using a hex editor so I was wondering if someone could walk me through it (maybe with pics if possible...?) and tell me what I should replace specifically?

I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:
    Back