• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [FR] Scripting Troubles

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
Years
  • Hi there, so I've got a few issues with some scripts I'm trying to run in Fire Red.
    The first one is an alteration of the Fire Red script, with the professor still taking you to the lab, but I want to remove all of the rival battle stuff from the game here.
    I have the oak script in full, untouched, but I want to know what I should remove without removing him bringing the player to the front and the conversation you have with him.
    I'm still not that good at scripting so this is a bit of a tough one for me.

Another thing I want to know is more about how to structure the script rather than a bug with one. I want to know if anyone knows how to make is so that the badges allow different HMs to be used. I do not know if this is Hex or Scripting or what, but I want the second badge to be for Surf and the First for Fly ect.

Also Does anyone know how to replace how the badges look?
    I tried to give it a go but I messed up the palettes...

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi there, so I've got a few issues with some scripts I'm trying to run in Fire Red.
    The first one is an alteration of the Fire Red script, with the professor still taking you to the lab, but I want to remove all of the rival battle stuff from the game here.
    I have the oak script in full, untouched, but I want to know what I should remove without removing him bringing the player to the front and the conversation you have with him.
    I'm still not that good at scripting so this is a bit of a tough one for me.

Another thing I want to know is more about how to structure the script rather than a bug with one. I want to know if anyone knows how to make is so that the badges allow different HMs to be used. I do not know if this is Hex or Scripting or what, but I want the second badge to be for Surf and the First for Fly ect.

Also Does anyone know how to replace how the badges look?
    I tried to give it a go but I messed up the palettes...

There are a few parts to remove if you do edit the original script.
    First, in the map itself, you will need to remove the rival's overworld. His id is 7 but his person event is 8.
    Then, in the header tab, you will need to open the '2' level script.
    Just remove any applymovement 0x8 0x(pointer), as well as the waitmovement 0x0 after it. You will also remove any message boxes that the rival says.
    Next, we need to open the script for one of the pokeballs and repeat the steps there. Except you will also need to remove any hidesprite 0x4004 and bufferpokemon 0x0 0x4003.
    Finally, in the green script tiles, click and drag them away, and three more tiles will be underneath. That's the first rival battle and the tiles can be removed safely since there is no rival.
    Remember to set a dynamic offset to recompile to.

I only found 2 badge checks, for Surf and Waterfall.

The image offset for the badges is 3CD5E8, and the palette is at 3CD2C0. You can open it in NSE and if you want to edit them, you need to make sure you've indexed them to 16 colours.

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
    Years
  • There are a few parts to remove if you do edit the original script.
    First, in the map itself, you will need to remove the rival's overworld. His id is 7 but his person event is 8.
    Then, in the header tab, you will need to open the '2' level script.
    Just remove any applymovement 0x8 0x(pointer), as well as the waitmovement 0x0 after it. You will also remove any message boxes that the rival says.
    Next, we need to open the script for one of the pokeballs and repeat the steps there. Except you will also need to remove any hidesprite 0x4004 and bufferpokemon 0x0 0x4003.
    Finally, in the green script tiles, click and drag them away, and three more tiles will be underneath. That's the first rival battle and the tiles can be removed safely since there is no rival.
    Remember to set a dynamic offset to recompile to.

I only found 2 badge checks, for Surf and Waterfall.

The image offset for the badges is 3CD5E8, and the palette is at 3CD2C0. You can open it in NSE and if you want to edit them, you need to make sure you've indexed them to 16 colours.

This is what I have so far, its a bit of a mess
    Spoiler:

A few problems I have is that
    A) I'm still really unsure on Level scripts, and so the script doesn't start until you speak to him.
    B) After speaking to him the script starts up like normal, which isn't a problem. When you get the item however he still says the [I have a question for you...] message, and then moves onto the take item message.
    C) After taking the items, he goes back to the [I have a question for you...] Message, not the [Go and fill up your brothers Dex] one.

Also, about the badges.
    I used NSE to edit them, giving me 8 new badges which is fine
    however the pallet never seems to work right
    ducQJW7.png

This is how everything looks in NSE, normal, 16 colour pallet, everything is Indexed and looks nice
    Sr9GwXB.png

And then in game its all messed up.

Last edited:
    Back