• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Section: Hack of the Year 2018 Nominations

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
  • The first voting round of Hack of the Year is on and has been extended to 23:59 UTC on the 31st of December! If you've played a hack that you've enjoyed this year, don't hesitate to lodge your vote. The best and most popular hacks will advance to a second voting round before heading before a panel of judges to determine the best hack of 2018.

Check out this thread to learn more and submit your votes today!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Pokémon Clover: The staff at The Pokécommunity consider Clover ineligible, due to the language and themes present in this hack not being acceptable on the forum at large
    If the language and themes present in that hack aren't being acceptable on the forum at large, its thread should be deleted. Otherwise that reason isn't very credible.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    If the language and themes present in that hack aren't being acceptable on the forum at large, its thread should be deleted. Otherwise that reason isn't very credible.

The reasoning I often gave for that when I was a mod was that hosting a hack on Pokecommunity with questionable themes and language is fine, but when it comes to the Hack of the Year, things should be handled a bit differently. When your hack wins Hack of the Year, it almost in a way represents the hacking scene as a whole. When newcomers decide to pay a visit to the romhacking section, their attention will be fixated on the hacks that are engraved in PC history with the most prestigious award possible for this little section: Hack of the Year.

So if Clover, a hack notorious for its intense language is crowned winner of HotY 2018, it'll be one of the first hacks that people check out when visiting PC. I think the rest should make sense.

Whether or not that's the official reasoning for its exclusion right now is beyond me, as I'm obviously no longer staff. But that's my perspective on things, at least!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • When your hack wins Hack of the Year, it almost in a way represents the hacking scene as a whole. When newcomers decide to pay a visit to the romhacking section, their attention will be fixated on the hacks that are engraved in PC history with the most prestigious award possible for this little section: Hack of the Year.

So if Clover, a hack notorious for its intense language is crowned winner of HotY 2018, it'll be one of the first hacks that people check out when visiting PC. I think the rest should make sense.
    I agree with you but there would be no need to worry about it winning the HotY 2018 because most people doesn't like the language and themes present in it so it wouldn't get enough votes for winning. What comes to /vp/, people there doesn't care about this event so they wouldn't come here to vote for it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I agree with you but there would be no need to worry about it winning the HotY 2018 because most people doesn't like the language and themes present in it so it wouldn't get enough votes for winning. What comes to /vp/, people there doesn't care about this event so they wouldn't come here to vote for it.

It's a popular enough hack, and seems to be of fairly high quality overall. I can't see why it wouldn't have a chance at winning. Better to err on the side of caution

Back