• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would a Pokémon digimon crossover game work

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
  • Assuming Nintendo is able to collaborate with the digimon company and create a game that includes both franchises.

How would the game work.

Would it be like cyber sleuth, traditional Pokémon style gameplay, or something of both.

So what is your opinion on the idea of a crossover game involving both Pokémon and digimon

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Nintendo kind of likes to have the crossover business for themselves. I feel like, if every company had Nintendo's mind-set, Smash Bros would no have guest characters from other franchises lol. Nintendo is pretty tight on their stuff. The Pokemoncommunity probably knows this all too well.

Never say never, I do favor Digimon's more mature look than Pokemon. Mega Evolution? Digimon been there, done that. I think it would be a strategy type game maybe? Like Xcom?

Cool idea, that collab would be sick. More games are adding guest characters or doing collabs. I would not be shocked to see this tbh. Smash bros would probably break into that potential collab 1st with a playable character.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
  • Nintendo kind of likes to have the crossover business for themselves. I feel like, if every company had Nintendo's mind-set, Smash Bros would no have guest characters from other franchises lol. Nintendo is pretty tight on their stuff. The Pokemoncommunity probably knows this all too well.

Never say never, I do favor Digimon's more mature look than Pokemon. Mega Evolution? Digimon been there, done that. I think it would be a strategy type game maybe? Like Xcom?

Cool idea, that collab would be sick. More games are adding guest characters or doing collabs. I would not be shocked to see this tbh. Smash bros would probably break into that potential collab 1st with a playable character.

Yeah I do think digimon would be great for smash bros

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • As much as I would love for something like this to work, there'd need to be some real finesse involved to get it to work. The two games have entirely different mechanics that directly conflict with each other. This isn't like Pokemon Crossroads where they mesh well with each other, this is two competing franchises that have similar but different styles of evolution, battling, even type charts.

That being said, if pokemon adopted the digimon setting and rules, I actually think that might be very popular and well received.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
  • As much as I would love for something like this to work, there'd need to be some real finesse involved to get it to work. The two games have entirely different mechanics that directly conflict with each other. This isn't like Pokemon Crossroads where they mesh well with each other, this is two competing franchises that have similar but different styles of evolution, battling, even type charts.

That being said, if pokemon adopted the digimon setting and rules, I actually think that might be very popular and well received.

Yeah I do think Pokémon would become even better if we applied digimon mechanics to it

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Spoiler:

But to be fair, I would love a cooperation between both franchises. Digimon does so many things well Pokemon sucks at, bluntly said.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
  • Spoiler:

But to be fair, I would love a cooperation between both franchises. Digimon does so many things well Pokemon sucks at, bluntly said.

Yeah because cyber sleuth makes most Pokémon games look like trash.

Also they teach you responsibility. Pokémon never has responsibility for their trainers.

Back