• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Rare printing errors, would these cards be desirable to collectors, and how to determine the value?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have a collection of original, first owned pokemon trading cards. It consists of just the old edition sets, which are base, jungle, and fossil edition set. In my collection I found two cards with rare, maybe one of a kind printing errors. First card is trainer switch 95/102 base set (printing error on the common symbol located on the bottom right corner of the card). The other card is slowpoke 53/62 fossil set (printing error is on the illustration of the character, in the grass below slowpoke on the left side of the card). I will attach pictures of the cards.
    Can anyone tell me if the cards are collectable and what is the value on these types of cards?

Attachments

• Rare printing errors, would these cards be desirable to collectors,  and how to determine the value?
      20160909_153649.jpg
      289.3 KB · Views: 8
    • Rare printing errors, would these cards be desirable to collectors,  and how to determine the value?
      20160909_153713.jpg
      369.6 KB · Views: 5
      20160909_153826.jpg
      322.3 KB · Views: 4
      20160909_153842.jpg
      421 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Those printing defects have a haphazard effect on the value. Sometimes someone will offer you more than they're worth, sometimes less.

Those two cards without errors are worth something like 25 cents US, though, so it's not like you'll get a ton of money for them in the slightest.

Back