• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Music not changing when entering new area

princessyiris

Banned
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I have two maps connected to eachother, via the Connections Debugger. The problem is that the music isn't changing when the player walks from one map to the other. They need to do something like win a trainer battle or enter an indoor area for the music to change.
    Is that normal? Is it supposed to do that?
    I swear I remember the music changing just fine earlier on. Right now both maps have a LOT of events associated with them. Did I lag the game out so hard that it's not doing the music changes properly?

Sorry for opening two threads at once. I only noticed this after I'd already posted the other one.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you ended up using $game_system.setDefaultBGM("XXX"), that'll force the music to be the same track no matter what.
    This persists across save/load too. you can reset it with $game_system.setDefaultBGM(nil) to fix a save, or just to turn off the effect.

Not sure if that's the source of the error, but it doesn't hurt to check that.

princessyiris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I think it's just the default way it handles music changes, and I never noticed it before. I noticed it doing this on a fresh save, where there was no event calling the $game_system.setDefaultBGM("XXX") in existence.

Thanks for the advice, though.

Back