• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Budget decklists

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 7, 2019
I'll be playing pokemon casually and was wondering what some good standard budget decklists were? (Around $20-30) Thanks!

Years
I'll be playing pokemon casually and was wondering what some good standard budget decklists were? (Around $20-30) Thanks!

Taking two of the better theme decks and mashing them together gets you almost to something that would be at least be competitive at a tournament. Like buying two of either one of the Charizard or Blastoise theme decks from Team Up.

I don't have the time atm to make up a list, but if I remember I'll come back and compose some based off of the theme decks.

Otherwise something like Lost March *might* be in the $20-$30 range, but I can't remember for certain. Will price up my own list and see where that gets us price wise as well.

Years
For Relentless Flame from just the contents of two theme decks:

Pokemon (23):
4 Charmander
4 Charmeleon
4 Charizard
3 Nidoran
3 Nidorina
3 Nidoqueen
2 Farfetch'd

Trainers (20):
4 Cynthia
4 Copycat
3 Nest Ball
3 Pokemon Fan Club
3 Brock's Grit
2 Professor Kukui
1 Switch

Energy (16):
16 Fire Energy

Tweaks:

-2 Kukui
+2 Choice Band (TCGPlayer market price of $0.55 each)

-4 Copycat
+4 Lillie (Shining Legends copy has a market price of $0.25 each)

-2 Charmeleon
-1 Nidorina
-1 Nest Ball
+4 Rare Candy (Primal Clash copy has a market price of $1.07 each)

-2 Farfetch'd
+2 Sun & Moon Oranguru (the one with Instruct; $2.92 Market Price) Oranguru might push you over the $30 limit when combined with the deck and the other purchases, but should still be fairly close to $30.

That's a standard legal deck until Rotation hits on August 15th. Maybe drop the Switch for a Guzma ($2.86 Market Price) and a Fan Club for a Tapu Lele GX (alternate art has market price of $9.94 atm) if you're feeling adventurous.

For Lost March, here's my list (price is each):

4 Hoppip LOT ($0.10 for 30 HP/$0.20 for 40 HP)
4 Skiploom LOT ($0.25)
4 Jumpluff LOT ($1.24 for regular, $0.43 for league promo)
4 Trumbeak LOT ($0.30)
3 Natu LOT ($0.16)
3 Emolga TEU ($0.11)
1 Marshadow SLG ($3.92)
1 Oranguru SM ($2.92)

4 Lillie ($0.25)
4 Cynthia ($2.61)
4 Net Ball ($0.79)
4 Great Ball ($0.15 in Shining Legends)
3 Lost Blender ($0.23)
3 Pokemon Communication ($0.30 for Black & White Base Set one, but it may be easier to find the Team Up print which is $0.33)
2 Choice Band ($0.55)
1 Guzma ($2.86)
1 Nest Ball ($0.55)

5 Grass Energy ($0.10)
4 Double Colorless Energy ($0.54 for Fates Collide print)

Which gives us a market price floor of $35.93 for Lost March. Marshadow isn't necessary but helps as both disruption and draw support. Fairly cheap overall given most things wanna run Dedenne GX or Tapu Lele GX right now.

Back