• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart gold egg moves

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2018
    HELLO! I play Pokémon heart gold on my trusty DSI. I am currently deciding what to do on a new :boogie:run, I was looking through movesets and I saw egg moves, how do I get egg moves? Are they worth it? I'm not someone who is trying to get the perfect Pokémon, but the egg moves look OP. Please help a newbie out?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    HELLO! I play Pokémon heart gold on my trusty DSI. I am currently deciding what to do on a new :boogie:run, I was looking through movesets and I saw egg moves, how do I get egg moves? Are they worth it? I'm not someone who is trying to get the perfect Pokémon, but the egg moves look OP. Please help a newbie out?
    Egg moves are ones that you get via breeding.

As an example, if you breed a male Meowth that knows Fake Out with a female Pikachu, the baby Pichus will be born with the move Fake Out. Not all moves can be passed down through breeding though. Sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia will usually tell you on the Pokemon's page what ones a Pokemon can learn through breeding and what the compatible parents are.

Whether or not they're worth it depends on what you're trying to achieve, what moves you're talking about, how easy it is for you to breed what you want, etc.

Also jsyk, I'm moving this thread into our Previous Generations section--Feedback & Support is for stuff regarding the Pokecommunity website itself and not the games or anything like that. Nothing to worry about, you're new and that sort of thing happens, just letting you know is all.

Back