• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT ships

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Since I'm tired of constant exclusions of the lesser known lgbt ships in the anime.

What are some of your girl x girl, boy x boy ships in the anime? BE CIVIL.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I've always gotten romantic vibes from Dawn and Zoey, even when I was a kid. :D It's like, my Pokemon anime OTP. Haha

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Even though I think SM is more putrid than Muk, every so often I get this vibe from Mallow and Lillie. Call me crazy but those two have a soft spot for one another.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
All these characters are so utterly bland, I don't know how anyone can come up with straight romances out of them, let alone gay ones.

HAhahah, I laughed, omg.

I mean, he's not wrong.

But he is a little bit wrong, in that they do mostly have basic character build up, as much as you would expect from the Pok?mon anime, anyhoo! Also, to be fair, most Pok?mon ships come from really basic canon interactions, and then fans take those and spin them into ships, or bigger rivalries, etc. Pok?mon ships are highly built off of creativity of the fans, which is also why they can be pretty interesting in the first place. If you're into that sort of thing.

BUT THATS NOT

neccesarily the thread topic.

So moving right along.

I don't have any Pok?mon ships that I'm into right now, but I used to be into Gary and Ash, Zoey and Dawn, Ash and Paul, and Steven and Wallace.

Looking back, I shipped them kinda platonically, but at one point I thought they were all cute to me, haha.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
So moving right along.

I don't have any Pok?mon ships that I'm into right now, but I used to be into Gary and Ash, Zoey and Dawn, Ash and Paul, and Steven and Wallace.

Looking back, I shipped them kinda platonically, but at one point I thought they were all cute to me, haha.

Yes. Yes. YeS. Ash x Gary is so hella cute. I have been a secret shipper of that for years. Good platonic ship

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Sabrina x Misty, Gary x Ash seem like they'd be amusing. Although I always kind of thought it would be amusing to have Brock hit on a male brother of a Nurse Joy who decides to go into the family business, because at one point he always hit on Nurse Joys, and because if they are a giant family it makes no sense for them to have no males. How do they reproduce, by budding?!

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
How do they reproduce, by budding?!

That... made me laugh way more than it probably should have.
Then again, I've always been under the impression the Frontier Heads have a thing or two going among themselves.

Especially Lucy x Anabel. They just... I feel they'd click if given the chance.
Screw the anime telling me Lucy fell for Brock and Anabel having a crush on Mr. I will never win a league
Also, Tucker x Noland.

TheMattress

#ReleaseTheEpisodes, #RocketVSPlasmaPlease
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 20, 2018
Lillie x Mallow. Or Lana x Mallow. Or Lillie x Lana x Mallow. Those are all good ones.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
Dawn x Zoe are the true one to realize, but Harley x James always crossed my mind, too.

As far as the previous comments about Nurse Joys, I still say they are all clones trained to tell everybody that they are "cousins" or "sisters". Same with Officer Jennys and the battle gym guys from B and W.

Back