• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon/Survivor crossover

Years
I've been thinking about making an RP that would be a cross between Pokemon and CBS's reality show Survivor.

I'm not completely sure exactly how it will work, but I have a few ideas:
1. The season will be set somewhere in the canon Pokemon universe (I.e. Poni Island).
2. The cast will be all Pokemon.
3. Said cast will probably have a theme (i.e. all starters, Pokemon that evolve vs. Pokemon that do not evolve, Fossils vs. Eeveelutions vs. Pikachu clones)
4. There will be 16 to 24 cast members.
5. The season will be 39 days long.
6. Idols will not be included.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask me. This will also be the RP I've GMed so far, so wish me luck.

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
hehe, good luck indeed! ik the best things a GM can be is communicative & sociable, so there?s some advice.

I guess my main question would be how Survivor works, haha. from what I can infer, it?s elimination-based, right? like, after each ?round,? someone?s booted off? how would you account for that, if a player-character gets eliminated for the ?show?/roleplay?

I?m also curious of what you have for the setup rn. why are all these Pok?mon gathered for a reality show? is this like an alternate canon where Pok?mon rule the world, or maybe they have like this other society that stands alongside humans??

LOL the team themes are super cute tho, maybe make them as broad as possible like ?this handful of egg groups vs. this other handful,? or ?pokemon with normal anatomy & limbs vs. Pok?mon with weirder abstract body types?. something that the characters could be like ?yeah, I have stumps for arms, whatchu gonna do??? get invested in.

Years
hehe, good luck indeed! ik the best things a GM can be is communicative & sociable, so there?s some advice.

I guess my main question would be how Survivor works, haha. from what I can infer, it?s elimination-based, right? like, after each ?round,? someone?s booted off? how would you account for that, if a player-character gets eliminated for the ?show?/roleplay?

I?m also curious of what you have for the setup rn. why are all these Pok?mon gathered for a reality show? is this like an alternate canon where Pok?mon rule the world, or maybe they have like this other society that stands alongside humans??

LOL the team themes are super cute tho, maybe make them as broad as possible like ?this handful of egg groups vs. this other handful,? or ?pokemon with normal anatomy & limbs vs. Pok?mon with weirder abstract body types?. something that the characters could be like ?yeah, I have stumps for arms, whatchu gonna do??? get invested in.
Yes, it is a turn based elimination system. In the early stages of the game, contestants who get eliminated from the show have no effect further on in the game. However, around the halfway point of the season when all the teams become one, castaways who get eliminated will be sent to the jury instead. On day 39 the last two or three competitors will be interviewed by the jury on the premise of which of the final few should be made the winner before the jury votes to determine the winner.

To be honest, I'm not sure yet, but it is most likely one of those two aforementioned possibilities.

I'm still not sure on the theme yet, but any suggestions might help me better determine the theme.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Oh, I thought of another question to help you out:

How many player characters are you expecting? Individually, or per player? Sounds like there are a lot of contestants in Survivor. Would people play multiple characters? Or would use supporting/"non-playable" characters, and then could other people write for them...?

Years
Oh, I thought of another question to help you out:

How many player characters are you expecting? Individually, or per player? Sounds like there are a lot of contestants in Survivor. Would people play multiple characters? Or would use supporting/"non-playable" characters, and then could other people write for them...?

I'm hoping all the characters except for the host are player characters. I would expect some people to have multiple characters, but other than that it's fair ground.

JustCallMePops

Resident Popplio fan who sits in his mom's basemen
Years
This sounds like a ton of fun. I'd have to research the actual Survivor show to know what I'm doing, but count me interested!

Personally I think a "biped vs. quadruped" theme would be interesting.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Very interesting that I saw this, as I've been wanting to write some reality show stuff recently haha.

I think the main struggle you'll have with the elimination process is determining the criteria for the elimination as it goes by the challenge. Unless you're planning on emphasizing the "people vote others off" over the effects of the challenge, that is. Will you be using the challenges simply as a way to grant immunity/perks and the departing contestant is determined by voting?

Other things to look out for are arguments, fights, etc. Reality shows typically don't use long, drawn out dialogue for their arguments, so I'd recommend pushing players to do a lot of joint posts to cut down on the lengthy posts and to make the arguments feel more realistic with shorter dialogue. That being said, a lot of people tend to get involved during reality show fights, so you may end up with five or more players making one joint post - another thing to look out for.

It might serve you well to reduce the count of the players for the sake of format, honestly. I know Survivor itself usually has big casts, but typically people fall to the wayside if they aren't entertaining on camera. That's gonna be harder in a roleplay format since people tend to emphasize themselves. You could do it a la RPDR where there's only 10-14 contestants with big personalities!

Sorry for the suggestion dump! Reality shows like Survivor and The Challenge are my guilty pleasure haha.

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot. ABSOLUTELY have every challenge made before you even post the OOC thread. You will save yourself and your players so much trouble if you know what each challenge's goals and successful/unsuccessful methods are.

Last edited:
Years
Very interesting that I saw this, as I've been wanting to write some reality show stuff recently haha.

I think the main struggle you'll have with the elimination process is determining the criteria for the elimination as it goes by the challenge. Unless you're planning on emphasizing the "people vote others off" over the effects of the challenge, that is. Will you be using the challenges simply as a way to grant immunity/perks and the departing contestant is determined by voting?

Other things to look out for are arguments, fights, etc. Reality shows typically don't use long, drawn out dialogue for their arguments, so I'd recommend pushing players to do a lot of joint posts to cut down on the lengthy posts and to make the arguments feel more realistic with shorter dialogue. That being said, a lot of people tend to get involved during reality show fights, so you may end up with five or more players making one joint post - another thing to look out for.

It might serve you well to reduce the count of the players for the sake of format, honestly. I know Survivor itself usually has big casts, but typically people fall to the wayside if they aren't entertaining on camera. That's gonna be harder in a roleplay format since people tend to emphasize themselves. You could do it a la RPDR where there's only 10-14 contestants with big personalities!

Sorry for the suggestion dump! Reality shows like Survivor and The Challenge are my guilty pleasure haha.

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot. ABSOLUTELY have every challenge made before you even post the OOC thread. You will save yourself and your players so much trouble if you know what each challenge's goals and successful/unsuccessful methods are.
Thank you, that will help me out quite a bit.

Also sometime soon I'll set up voting for themes that the show will follow.

Back