• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good hearthome city/future team

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
  • yo i'm playing platinum and i decided like a dumbass to ditch my starter [monferno] and now i'm stuck on the 3rd gym leader i wont tell you my team but it's really bad i mean there decent levels but they'r all like a random assortment of weak useless pokemon so i want to know what's a good balanced team not just for this gym leader but for the rest of the game.

Years
  • Hello user Ben Cousins.

Hearthome's leader, Fantina uses Ghost Type Pokemon, Duskull, Haunter and Mismagius, to be exact.

Gastly and Rotom are two ghosts types that you can use to hit Fantina with supereffective STAB attacks and are also very handy later in the game. Both can be caught in the Old Chateau, although Rotom must be caught at night, you encounter it by interacting with the TV in the room located on the second floor of the Old Chateau. In addition to this, if you have an action replay, you can get the Secret Key, which lets you enter the Room in the Galactic Eterna Building that allows your Rotom to change into a Rotom-A forme. Rotom-A has 50/107/107 Defenses and a Special Attack Stat of 105, so it essentially is better than Rotom and still retains the extremely reliable typing of Electric/Ghost.

Zubat and Shinx are also Pokemon that are found all around Sinnoh and can beat Fantina with Bite, Luxray and Crobat also serve ample purposes later in the game and help against many of the other Gym Leaders/Elite Four.

In addition to this, Houndoom, Roserade, Gastrodon, Garchomp, Lucario and Mamoswine are all great Pokemon that can greatly assist you in your campaign to beat the game.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • i'm not trying to get my team rated,but who should i ditch for the greater good? my current team is staravia bibarel roselia geodude luxio and meditite [there all the levels you'd expect them to be at, nothing speacial] btw i challenged fantina today and got up to her mismagius..huh 500 bucks down the drain

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • probably get rid of bibarel, its best use is a hm slave. Geodude and meditite could also be ditched for much better pokemon. If you are really struggling maybe just restart the game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Moving to in-game team rate as that's what that section is for. Check out the rules of sections please before posting - 4th gen rules states team stuff does not fit here.

Tbh? Mostly any team will do you fine! You just need to train them enough (made easier in DPPt once you get the VS Seeker, which isn't possible for you just yet but in a few gyms time I think it might?). Otherwise look to battling wild Pokemon for a bit, mayb you just need a bit of levelling. That and the other suggestions made are fine too, but that's up to you.

Last edited:

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    well breezing through may not always be the good thing if by breeze through you mean beat the gym and off to the the next stop and smell the roses and wip some trainer butt i havent played platinum for a long time but i do know i had a roselia and against fantina its mediocre especially against mismagius suggestions im stumped luxio is a good poke and may be your only hope to beaqt her without monferno. good luck

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I would train Luxio until it learns Bite, which is at level 18. Then train it and evolve it into Luxray and go challenge her. It evolves at level 30, which should be a piece of cake.

Back