• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Glittering Celestial V

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
A little something different for you--a Pokemon super sentai with elements of Mega Man, Symphogear, and Disney's Big Hero 6 mixed in.

Rated E10+ for fantasy violence.

The Darkened Quarry--for millennia, many worlds have fallen to their dark arts, and now our world is their next target.

To combat the threat of this close knit group, the corporations of the world decided to extract the mystical energy of a gem, creating an armor-like suit that sleeps within a person's heart, only to awaken when the subject's Heart Song, normally used to induce Mega Evolution, is sung.

After three rounds of successful testing, my friends and I were the first five out of a pool of millions to use these modern marvels to fight against the Dark Quarry.

This is our story...

Together, we are the Glittering Celestial V!

[OP theme]

Episode 1: The five heroes unite! A villain from the virtual world!

In the futuristic city of Malaville, inside a facility used for racing small hovercraft, two friends laugh as they speed around the track, which has been configured into a recreation of Mute City from "F-Zero" "Don't get too comfy up there in first place!" the pilot of a red craft taunts as he speeds past his friend piloting a green craft.

"Oh yeah?" the green craft's pilot taunts back. "You forget that because of Gaia Emerald, I can track your every movement." With that, a green visor materializes before the boy's eyes, allowing him to see the track layout, the current lap, how far back he is in relation to his friend, and other information.

He soon spots an opportunity to pass his friend as they both cross the START/FINISH line to begin their final lap. "Later, Fireball!" he smiles as he streaks past his opponent into the lead.

On the track's sidelines, three girls watch the race's last lap unfold. "Wow...the boys are really getting into this." a brown haired girl notes as she adjusts a red Poke Ball print bandana crowning her simple hairsyle, then toys with a purple crystal necklace.

"But isn't in unfair for Brock to use Gaia Emerald's tracking abilities to win the race?" a blonde haired girl wonders as the two crafts arrive at the final turn leading into the home stretch.

"So long as he gives Ash a fair chance to win, I have no problem with it." a orange haired girl replies as the red craft narrowly edges the green craft to win the race.

The two crafts then fly back to the parking hangar overlooking the girls' vantage point. "Great flying, Ash." the blonde haired girl smiles as a black haired boy removes his helmet and climbs from the craft to stretch.

"Aw, it was nothing." Ash replies. "I'd be happy to race with any of you girls anytime."

"In that case, let me go suit up and scan a track." the orange haired girl smiles before making her way to the women's locker rooms.

The pilot of the green craft, a brown haired boy with tanned skin, arrives some moments later. "Well done, Ash--I concede defeat this time." he smiles as the two boys shake hands. "I will warn you that Misty's a great pilot in her own right, so be on your guard." With that, he departs for the men's locker rooms.

Misty arrives some time later in a blue firesuit. "Okay, Ash...you ready to race against me?" she asks as the track reconfigures itself into another "F-Zero" icon--Big Blue.

"Bring it on!" Ash taunts before climbing back in his craft and Misty selects a blue craft to pilot.

Meanwhile, in an unknown location in the mountains...

Inside a beautiful crystalline castle, a young man clad in a metallic suit studies a large computer screen as two silvery humanoids and a fiery lion-creature look on. Let's see, how best to attack this world... he thinks as he studies the myriad of information about the futuristic Pokeworld before him.

He then presses a button on the majestic machine. "Amber Aegis, report."

A deep brown haired boy in an orange metallic suit materializes in the room. "Reporting for duty, Chief Saber!"

"What have you found out about the recreation in this world?" the silver man asks as he pets the lion creature, unharmed by its flaming mane.

"The humans have rapidly advanced in the means of virtual games in the space of a short time." Amber Aegis explains, showing his boss scenes of various Nintendo games through the ages. "But some of the ancient gaming machines I found were quite silly looking--controlling the images with a white baton, and a device with two screens that projected very rudimentary 3D images--nowhere near the sleek holograms and virtual reality sets we have now."

The silver suited man smiles. "Interesting....what else did you find out?"

"One of the most iconic characters in this world is this being..." Amber Aegis continues, displaying an image of Mario in his hands. "But I'm interested in this hero's nemesis..." He changes the image to display Bowser. "That spiky shell and tough skin look perfect to wreak havoc in this world as well as the virtual world! If you wish, I can try to recreate this character in this world." With that, he warps away, presumably to begin building his recreation of an iconic villain.

Somewhere in Malaville...

"Bye guys!" Ash called after his friends. "See you tomorrow!"

With that, he started down the sidewalk. You know...taking a shortcut through the park may be faster! he thought, making a turn past the bus stop onto a paved entryway.

At first, all was quiet as Ash strolled down the lit path, savoring the Nincada calls and Volbeat and Illumise dancing around him. But then he saw something that looked strangely out of place--a fortress that looked very much like something out of a Mario game!

What is Bowser's Keep doing here in the real world? Ash thought as he approached the familiar black castle, his heart pounding all the while. I don't recall a new Mario game coming out lately...

He found himself mimicking his best impression of Mario. "It's-a me, Mario!"

As if on cue, the familiar reptilian form of Bowser appeared on the castle balcony, roaring in triumph at the frightened boy below.

Ash turned to run back the way he had come. Maybe I'll just take my normal route back! he thought as Bowser blew a massive fire stream in his direction, but the flames were no match for the streaks of lightning that lit up the park as Ash's lightning speed power kicked in...

The next morning...

"A recreation of Bowser's Keep in the park?" an image of Serena asked on Ash's PokeNav. "Complete with the ol' spikey fire-Blastoise himself?"

"I don't know who could've made a portal to the video game world, or made a highly realistic recreation, or what, but I had to use my innate Lightning Speed to get away!" Ash explained. "Mom didn't believe me at first, until she saw the news that three people have been found badly burned by it."

"This sounds like something more than a video game--like some kind of performance art, or someone out to make trouble..." Serena mused. "Let me see if Brock's found out anything--if you go that way again, Ash--take us with you."

"I was too scared to awaken Fire Ruby." Ash confessed.

"Well, five against a big brute will do a lot more damage than one." Serena grinned. "Either me or Brock will call you back here in a bit."

"Okay...bye." Ash replied before collapsing on his bed, the encounter from the night before still haunting him.

[Ash?] Pikachu asked as he hopped on Ash's bed. [What's going on? You came home last night as white as a Gastly!]

"Oh, Pikachu..." Ash smiled as he cradled the little yellow mouse Pokemon in his arms. "You may not believe this, but someone--I don't know who--has made a recreation of Bowser so realistic, it can attack people...the news says three people have been attacked already, and last night I narrowly escaped being number four, thanks to the ruby in my heart."

[Wow...] Pikachu noted, just as Ash's PokeNav buzzed.

Ash recognized the flashing number as Brock, so he pressed "Accept". "Hello?"

"Hey there--I heard everything from Serena." Brock smiled. "So I did a little digging about your encounter, and discovered something that I think we all need to hear--can you make it over to the training facility at all today?"

"Sure--don't have anything better to do today." Ash replied.

"Okay--the girls are already on the way, and I'm about to head out myself--see ya." With that, the image of Brock disappeared from the PokeNav screen.

In the Jewel Training Facility...

"Everyone's here...good." Brock smiled as Ash and the girls joined him around a table in a briefing room. "Do you remember what Mr. Hamada told us the day we underwent core implantation?"

"That we would be the first five members of a defense force against something--or someone--called the Darkened Quarry." May replied.

"Here's what I found out about the Darkened Quarry...." Brock explained as he pulled down a map of the galaxy, with their world and a black planet clearly marked. "They have existed in one form or another for millennia, but their goal is always the same--attack a world with a menagerie of monsters until one of two things happen--A. the world is destroyed, or B. the world surrenders to their control."

"Neither of those sounds very appealing..." Misty mused.

May stood up for a moment. "I knew when I chose to undergo core implantation, I was doing it to protect Mom, Dad and Max from whatever the Darkened Quarry was--I will stand strong and I will not rest until they flee or are defeated!"

"For my sisters!" Misty laid her hand on top of May's.

"For Mom and my friends." Serena then laid her hand on the others.

"For Mom, Dad, and Pikachu." Ash grinned, adding his hand to the girls.

"And for my family--the whole of the Harrison clan." Brock grinned as he added his hand to the others.

Everyone then shouted "We are the Glittering Celestial V! And we will not fall!"

Once the cheers died down, Brock turned serious again. "Now that we've gotten the christening of our defense force and the pep talk out of the way, let's move on to discussing who we will be up against..."

He rolled up his star map and unrolled what looked like a police lineup of people in metallic suits. "These are the known members of the Darkened Quarry--while it is not known who the true leader is, we do know their leader down here is this guy..." he explained, pointing at the lineup photo of Diamond Saber. "Each member has their own style of fighting, so that means at least ten different styles of fighting we have to know how to defend against."

"That still doesn't answer who could've created this recreation of Bowser..." Serena mused.

"Based on what we know of the ten agents, the most likely suspect..." The rest of the lineup photos disappeared, leaving Amber Aegis as the only one left. "Is this one, who specializes in monsters that have natural protective instincts." Brock explained. "If you think about it, Bowser is a good fit for him--the spikes, the hard shell, the claws..."

"The fire...." Ash shuddered at the memory.

"Think back to every single Mario game you've ever played--what is the easiest way to beat Bowser?" Brock asked the group.

"Fireballs!" Misty grinned.

"And our fire user is Ash...so that means Ash needs to go that way again, this time inside Fire Ruby." Brock grinned. "The rest of us will go with him as backup should he need help."

"Got it!" Serena grinned as the group huddled around the table to discuss a battle plan.

A few nights later...

"There it is...." Ash pointed out the keep in the middle of the park path. Curlicues of smoke drifted from the stone castle's ramparts, indicating its iconic resident was home.

"We'll wait here in the bushes in case you need help." Serena offered. Ash nodded, and walked out to face the foe that had very nearly burned him a few nights before.

He clutched the ruby necklace he wore in his hands. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

The ensuing aura of transformation bursting into flames lit up the park, and alerted the Koopa look alike that a challenger had arrived. It growled intently, unaware that inside the massive fireball on the path, the boy it had frightened away was changing.

First, two heavily armored deep red leg plates appeared on Ash in a shower of rubies. Two armplates and gloves came next in another ruby explosion. A red chestplate was next, with a glowing ruby in the center, and a helmet with a ruby in the center rolled up with a swish, replacing his humble baseball cap. "Fire Ruby, burn!" he triumphantly yelled into the night. daring his opponent to try and attack him.

An amber light got his attention. "So you were the one that narrowly escaped my recreation of the villain from your world--Bowser, I believe you named him?" Amber Aegis sneered as he walked towards Ash. "Don't think a snazzy suit can save you!"

"Oh yeah! I know your pet's weakness!" Ash taunted back before heaving fireballs at the Bowser recreation. But the Bowser lookalike swatted away what fireballs didn't go flying skyward.

"Next time, Ash--aim!" Misty called from the bushes.

"I'll go help him--maybe a wind gust will help aim the fireballs!" May volunteered.

She then closed her eyes, and sang Karuto, iichiida shou... making a purple aura surround her, which them engulfed her in red and blue wind, making Amber Aegis balk in surprise.

Inside her wind cocoon, the armplates of May's suit came first, each one punctuated by a fountain of amethysts. Next, the two halves of the chestplate bonded to her body, complete with a glowing amethyst in the center, The legplates came next, neatly forming from a stream of light that rolled up May's legs. Her bandanna then became the suit's helmet, complete with small Eon wing ornaments on the sides. "Storm Amethyst, ride!" she called as she flew out to meet Ash on the path.

"May!" Ash grinned as May landed next to him.

"You looked like you were having trouble with the fireballs, so I'm going to create a wind guide for them." May explained.

The whoosh of fire got her attention. "But first..." May paused to form a shining misty ball in her hands. "Mist Ball!"

The mist ball hurtled to the pavement, putting out Bowser's flames, and confusing Amber Aegis. "Where'd they go?"

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... sang a third voice, engulfing Misty in waves interwoven with ice crystals. The armplates came first, then the chestplate appeared in an icy explosion, complete with a glowing sapphire in the center. After the royal blue legplates formed, Misty proceeded to perform a few karate kicks, as if bragging to Amber Aegis.

A high pitched A note signaling that a small tiara that was part of Icy Sapphire's helmet was forming got Ash's and May's attention. "Oh, of course! Fire is weak to water!" May remembered as Misty landed on the path next to her.

"Icy Sapphire, freeze! It's three against one now!" Misty taunted. "Still want to burn us?"

The Bowser look-alike roared, and blew out another wave of flames, but Misty just snapped, revealing a Starmie-like shield. "Water Guard!" The Starmie shield expanded around Ash, May and Serena, making Bowser's flames fizzle out.

"Good idea!" May smiled.

"Let's try this again...Flame Shot!" Ash called, hurling larger, more accurate fireballs at the iconic turtle creature, with May periodically creating a breeze to help a fireball along.

Amber Aegis just smirked. "You forgot one small detail, hypersuit! My recreation of Bowser is stronger than any incarnation you have fought! So you're in for a long fight!"

"We're going to need more fire...power." Misty mused, grinning at her pun as her Water Guard deflected the stream of fire.

"But where?" May wondered as she helped another fireball along. "Ash is the only one with a fire suit..."

Seios, higarima laisido... sang a third female voice, followed by a burst of yellow light from the bushes.

"Another one?" Amber Aegis mused. "The more the merrier!"

Inside the cocoon of yellow light, Serena's legplates came first--first the left leg, then the right. Next came the armplates in explosions of yellow diamonds, with the right armplate holding a small projectile weapon that looked similar to a Fennekin tail. A stream of light wrapped around her body and became the chestplate, complete with a yellow diamond in the center, followed by a rain of light wrapping around her head and becoming the suit's helmet. "Shine Diamond, sparkle!" she called to Ash as she flew by his side.

"How's your suit of light gonna help?" Ash asked, his eye trained on the Bowser look-alike as it tried to evade his fireballs by ducking in the castle.

"You forgot I have the Fox Tail." Serena assured Ash as she aimed the small weapon on her right arm at the large Koopa. "It can shoot fire, as well."

With that, she pulled the trigger on the small weapon, making tail-shaped fireballs go flying at the stone castle. "It also has unlimited ammo, so reloading is not a problem!"

The stone castle started to crack and crumble under the searing heat of both sets of fireballs, augmented by wind and protected by water. Amber Aegis, seeing the end was near for his creation, warped away as some of the castle's stones crumbled to the path in flames.

Fifteen agonizing minutes passed, with no sign of the imitation Koopa to be had. "The Fox Tail's helping, but we need some fire that will engulf the whole castle!" May reported as she guided another fireball to its destination.

Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo... sang a familiar male voice, followed by a flash and a flickering of a green light.

"Brock!" Misty grinned.

Inside the cocoon of leaves, green light and crystals, five glowing leaves formed on Brock's hands, expanding into one armplate, with a second set forming the other some seconds later. The legplates formed not long after that, then a quiver full of sparkling green arrows appeared on Brock's back as the chest plate, with a glowing emerald inside, formed in an explosion of leaves. "Gaia Emerald, bloom!"

"Don't know how you'd be any help, since earth is weak to fire." Misty sighed as Brock arrived with a pale yellow and orange bow with red accents.

"Trust me...I have an idea." Brock assured Misty as he nocked an arrow and aimed it skyward. "Nine Tailed Arrow!"

"'How's that gonna help?" Serena wondered as she watched the single arrow fly into the moonlight sky.

May gasped when she saw what looked like millions of flaming arrows raining down on the thoroughly damaged castle. "Look!"

"I see--Nine Tailed Arrow fires many arrows at once!" Misty grinned as the arrows lit up the night, unaware of the silver humanoid retreating from the brush and flying back over the mountains.

The next morning...

"Well done, Celestial V." the president of Silph smiled as the group arrived in the Jewel Training Center the next morning. "Thanks to you, Malaville Park is safe again, and Bowser has been banished to the video game world--where he belongs."

"It's a lot easier there, too, Mr. Hamada." Ash smiled.

'While you've all done a fantastic job in your first fight, know that this is just the beginning." Mr. Hamada cautioned. "So be on guard, and come train often, so you are always ready for your next fight.

"We promise." Misty replied.

"The Glittering Celestial V do not rest on their laurels!" Ash proclaimed, making everyone laugh, including Mr. Hamada...

TO BE CONTINUED...

EmeraldSky

Years
The Darkened Quarry--for millennia, many worlds have fallen to their dark arts, and now our world is their next target.

To combat the threat of this close knit group, the corporations of the world decided to extract the mystical energy of a gem, creating an armor-like suit that sleeps within a person's heart, only to awaken when the subject's Heart Song, normally used to induce Mega Evolution, is sung.

After three rounds of successful testing, my friends and I were the first five out of a pool of millions to use these modern marvels to fight against the Darkened Quarry.

This is our story...

[OP theme]

Episode 2: "The cold hearted arrow! Celestial V, take flight!"

In the Crystal Fortress...

Amber Aegis warped into Diamond Saber's chamber. "It turns out the humans are more resourceful than I thought..."

"I know...Picara told me everything." Diamond Saber replied as the female humanoid brought him a drink.

The hum of a Yanmega's wings snapped Diamond Saber to attention as a young girl in a green metallic suit warped into the room. "So the humans defeated a monster of the earth..." she mused. "It would be a lot more efficient to attack them from the water, or the air."

"There's an idea!" With that, Amber Aegis warped away as the girl joined Diamond Saber before the massive computer screen.

The girl, meanwhile, observed the scenes of Malaville before addressing her leader. "Burnbright and I just returned from flying over the city as you requested...I have decided to release one of my troops in the surrounding mountains, to allay suspicion--the humans have many superstitions of creatures living in the mountains, and so they could easily blow off my scout as one of them!"

"Clever idea, Emerald Arrow." Diamond Saber smiled.

"Amber had a good idea in theory, but the humans are very attuned to what is familiar and what is not--so recreating a being they knew likely raised their suspicion." Emerald Arrow explained. "I plan to attack from afar, so they have no idea what's coming until we move in!"

She paused to grab a red orb from a box. "I'm heading out--Burnbright's eager to fly."

"Good luck!" With that, Diamond Saber, Picara, and the male humanoid waved goodbye as Emerald Arrow departed.

Meanwhile, in the Jewel Training Center....

The Training Center hummed with activity as the various scientists and researchers tended to humming machines and whirring computers, periodically typing something or typing while talking on a videophone. The group, however, was involved in honing as much of their skills as possible without transforming into the Jewel Suit. Serena was racing around a track, a researcher timing each lap as she powered past with super speed. Misty was in the aquatics area, meditating underwater while researchers observed her magical breathing capabilities. May was shakily hovering from platform to platform in another training room, and Brock was at the archery range, taking some practice shots.

Ash was in an aerial training room, listening as a researcher briefed him on a glider device used to practice flying while out of the suit. "All right, what I want you to do is fly to the pole, touch it and fly back. The wings are based on the same principle while flying with your suit--only you don't have to tell these to fly."

"Got it!" Ash smiled before announcing to no one in particular "Fire Ruby, take fl-WHOA!!!"

Some other researchers hurried to the edge of the shape pit Ash had fallen into, but they all heaved a sigh of relief as Ash's hand poked out of the foam triangles and squares. "I'm okay--just grateful that wasn't pavement." he quipped as he shakily crawled over to the ladder leading back up to the takeoff platform.

"Next time, spread the wings out before you take off--these are only practice wings." the researcher reminded Ash as he arrived on top of the platform, and dusted himself off.

In another part of the training center...

A blonde haired boy carefully fit together a legplate, but grimaced when he heard clanking signifying something was loose. Gah...building a Jeweled Suit is harder than I thought...

The creak of the door startled him from his work. "How's that tourmaline Jewel Suit you are building coming along?" asked a familiar voice.

The boy heaved a sigh of relief when he found that his visitor was Mr. Hamada. "Slow going, sir...while I have a blueprint and a basic design, building it has turned out to be the hard part."

"Don't give up, Clemont--seeing if children can use a Jewel Suit is worth studying, and your sister has proven a worthy and eager volunteer." Mr. Hamada smiled. "Not finishing it would break her heart."

"And the last thing I want is Bonnie sad." Clemont agreed before an idea came to him. Maybe if I measured Bonnie, and then build the parts around her measurements, rather than building the suit first and then measuring her.... "Where is Bonnie now?"

"She is resting in the patient holding room while we analyze the results of her first round of medical tests." Mr. Hamada. "Now would be a good time to measure her."

"Tell her I'll be right there." Clemont replied as he tidied his work area, and rushed out, making sure to grab a tape measure on the way.

Later that evening...

"Newsflash! Scientists at Mt. Luna have reported another sighting of the shaggy white crystwhip monster today..." the newscaster began, getting Ash's attention. "Argenta officials are urging caution around the Mt. Luna caves..."

The buzz of his Pokenav alerted him some moments later. "Yeah?" he asked as the image of Brock appeared on the tiny screen.

"Are you getting the same sickening feeling I am about the supposed monster by Mt. Luna?" Brock asked.

"You mean, could it be another crony of that orange guy?" Ash asked.

"Not our last opponent, since this creature--which the press has dubbed 'the crystwhip monster' after a supposed monster that shone like crystal and used its fur as a whip--appears to use its fur like a whip, from what I could gather back at the Training Center." Brock explained. "That means whoever created it prefers ranged attacks."

"Next question--how do we get permission to travel to Mt. Luna to fight the thing?" Ash wondered.

Brock grinned. "Two words--camping trip."

"So long as we can actually do some camping when this thing's defeated, I'm game!" Ash replied.

A few days later, on the Mt. Luna trail...

"Thanks for inviting me on this camping trip." Serena smiled as the group made camp in a forested alcove overlooking where the so-called "crystwhip monster" had been spotted.

"My pleasure." Ash replied after looking over his tent.

"As soon as we get the fire going, we'll have dinner, and a campfire sing-along..." Brock assured everyone, just before a loud crash and what sounded like a roar got his attention.

"What was that?" May gasped, shuddering a little. "That wasn't an Ursaring, was it?"

Brock hurried to the edge of the cliff, just as a large hulking white figure lumbered over the hill. "No, it's worse than that!"

He took a few deep breaths to calm himself. Relax, Brock...you have Gaia Emerald, so you've got this.

With that, he held the emerald pendant he wore close and sang Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo... creating a green burst as the jewel in his pendant flickered for a few seconds, creating a cocoon of leaves, crystals and light.

Inside the cocoon of leaves, green light and crystals, five glowing leaves formed on Brock's hands, expanding into one armplate, with a second set forming the other some seconds later. The legplates formed not long after that, then a quiver full of sparkling green arrows appeared on Brock's back as the chest plate, with a glowing emerald inside, formed in an explosion of leaves. "Gaia Emerald, bloom!

He snapped, forming a large steel whip decorated with rainbow crystal coils in his hands. "Behold, the Crystal Coil!"

The shaggy humanoid roared, and tried to scratch Brock, but he quickly jumped away and delivered a hard lash, making the crack echo through the canyon.

"Just like in a Nick Dragonswift movie!" Serena grinned as Brock lashed the white monster again and again.

"Or a Pyroar tamer at the circus." Ash agreed, watching as the odd game of Meowth and Rattata unfolded in the canyon below.

Just then, a female voice got Brock's attention. "Stop! Why are you harming my pet?"

This oversized snowball is this girl's pet??? Brock thought as Emerald Arrow joined him in the canyon. "What I want to know is why your...pet...is terrorizing Argenta and innocent campers and hikers."

"Easy...this mountain will be claimed for the Darkened Quarry as soon as you're out of the way." Emerald Arrow sneered before addressing the shaggy white monster who looked hardly fazed despite getting lashed by a powerful whip.

"Not while I'm here, you're not!" Brock challenged, waving away the Crystal Coil and nocking the pale yellow and orange bow he carried with an arrow.

"You and what army, Naturebot?" Emerald Arrow countered.

Just then, Brock heard Ash singing Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... followed by a burst of fire above where he and Emerald Arrow stared each other down. Finally, reinforcements!

Inside the fiery cocoon, two heavily armored deep red leg plates appeared on Ash in a shower of rubies. Two armplates and gloves came next in another ruby explosion. A red chestplate was next, with a glowing ruby in the center, and a helmet with a ruby in the center rolled up with a swish, replacing his humble baseball cap. "Fire Ruby, burn!" he called as he made a flying jump into the canyon to join Brock.

Karuto, iichiida shou... May was next to sing, creating a red and blue tornado of wind around her. Inside her wind cocoon, the armplates of May's suit came first, each one punctuated by a fountain of amethysts. Next, the two halves of the chestplate bonded to her body, complete with a glowing amethyst in the center, The legplates came next, neatly forming from a stream of light that rolled up May's legs. Her bandanna then became the suit's helmet, complete with small Eon wing ornaments on the sides. "Stormy Amethyst, ride!"

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... Misty sang, creating a burst of waves and icy crystals that embraced her like a warm blanket. The armplates came first, then the chestplate appeared in an icy explosion, complete with a glowing sapphire in the center. After the royal blue legplates formed, Misty proceeded to perform a few karate kicks, as if bragging to Emerald Arrow.

A high pitched A note signaling that a small tiara that was part of Icy Sapphire's helmet was forming got Ash's, Brock's, and May's attention. "Misty!" Brock smiled as Misty flew down to meet them.

"Icy Sapphire, freeze! No one threatens my friends and gets away with it!" Misty warned Emerald Arrow.

"Now all we're missing is Serena..." Ash mused, silently debating strategies for defeating the massive white humanoid before them.

Seios, higarima laisido... came a familiar voice before lighting up the canyon in a burst of light. Inside the cocoon of yellow light, Serena's legplates came first--first the left leg, then the right. Next came the armplates in explosions of yellow diamonds, with the right armplate holding a small projectile weapon that looked similar to a Fennekin tail. A stream of light wrapped around her body and became the chestplate, complete with a yellow diamond in the center, followed by a rain of light wrapping around her head and becoming the suit's helmet. "Shine Diamond, sparkle!"

"We are the Glittering Celestial V!" Brock announced. "Our rainbow light pierces the darkness!"

Emerald Arrow just smirked. "Cordol, it's your turn to give these glittering humans a lashing." she instructed the monster as her Yanmega-like mount arrived.

"No fair trying to escape!" Misty called after Emerald Arrow as she flew off over the mountain peaks, leaving them to deal with the shaggy white behemoth.

"Waugh!" Ash yelped as the monster lashed a strand of fur at him.

"Watch out!" Misty called as the girls scrambled away from another lash.

"It can use its own fur like a whip..." Brock mused as he summoned a familiar green visor after retreating behind some rocks. "But it doesn't appear to have as far a range as my Crystal Coil. Nevertheless, it still packs a punch, so be careful!"

Inspired, he took a deep breath, then unleashed a hypersonic scream seconds before the monster could try to lash May, buying her time to run as the green sonic waves battered the monster. As she jumped to avoid the monster's desperate lash she called "Let's fly, Stormy Amethyst!"

"What the..." Ash looked up and gasped when he saw that May's armored armplates had expanded into glider-like wings, not unlike what he had attempted to use at the Training Center a few days before!

"There's an idea...let's attack it from the air!" Misty suggested before extending her arms and jumping. "Let's fly, Icy Sapphire!"

"Let's fly, Shine Diamond!" Serena followed Misty into the air. Once she had maneuvered over the behemoth's head, she aimed the Fox Tail at it, unleashing a rain of glowing red bullet-like projectiles.

Ash swallowed hard as he remembered his less than graceful takeoff from before. "Should I?" he asked Brock.

"If you can control it, I'll be your eyes on the ground." Brock offered.

Ash nodded. If it means helping the girls out... "Let's fly, Fire Ruby!"

He felt the glider-like wings extend from his armplates, allowing him to climb into the air. Okay...let's try not to crash this time, since there are no foam shapes to catch me here!

"All right, gang--yeti reject should be trying to lash you four right about..." Brock started before he heard the crack of the monster's fur as it narrowly missed Serena. "now..."

"Prism Shot!" Serena called, making the Fox Tail switch to firing shiny rainbow crystals.

May flew on ahead, summoning a handful of shining pointed feathers. "Feather Arrow!"

Brock watched from below as the monster tried to lash May, but got pinned to a cave wall moments later. "Nice shot, Stormy." he radioed to May.

"Now to finish Mr. Shag Carpet!" Ash grinned, He then began climbing higher and higher, creating a trail of fire behind him, before diving downward, creating a burst of fire that resembled Moltres. "Moltres Rising!"

"Cool!" Serena gasped as the fire-Moltres slammed into the helpless monster in an explosion of fire.

Brock applauded as Ash and the girls landed, making the suits disappear in a flash of light. "Well done, and nice flying." he grinned at Ash.

"I'm glad you didn't crash..." Misty sighed with relief.

"At any rate, it should be safe to travel through Mt. Luna again." Serena smiled as the group made their way back to camp.

"Come on! Let's go start dinner!" Ash smiled, running on ahead of the others, not seeing the white silver humanoid flying back over the mountains....

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years

After three rounds of successful testing, my friends and I were the first five out of a pool of millions to use these modern marvels to fight against the Darkened Quarry.

This is our story...

[OP theme]

Episode 3: "The blue healer! A Swanna Song of frustration!"

In the Crystal Castle....

A navy haired girl in a deep blue metallic suit perked up as Emerald Arrow arrived. "Why the long face?" she asked as Emerald Arrow climbed off of Burnblight.

"I ran into the same defense force that Amber Aegis did, Sapphire..." Emerald Arrow sighs. "I thought taking advantage of their lore would work, but no..."

"Wait..what do these heroes look like?" the girl asks, curious.

"Similar to us, but inside of a metallic suit like us, their gear is a bit more armored..." Emerald Arrow starts, but her explanation is cut short when the navy haired girl hears Diamond Saber's voice calling her. "Sapphire Scepter, report."

Sapphire Scepter just sighs. "If the chief wants me to take on the next mission, I may be seeing these...heroes...sooner than I thought."

With that, she hurries into the command center, where Diamond Saber is waiting. "Tell me what you have discovered about this world that we could potentially use as a takeover starting point."

"Well, building on Emerald Arrow's findings about the earth and things that are said to live there..." Sapphire Scepter begins. "They do seem to value the shiny stones that come out of the earth....maybe those shiny stones have some kind of power in them, or maybe the earth itself has power?"

"An intriguing idea." Diamond Saber smiles as Picara brings him a drink. "Try and locate one of these stones--or a human wearing one--so we can analyze it."

"Yes sir." Sapphire Scepter replies as she departs, making sure to take a monster egg off a conveyor belt before she leaves.

Meanwhile, in the Malaville Plaza...

"Nothing like the hustle and bustle of a shopping mall..." Misty smiled. savoring the mall's flurry of activity as shoppers of all ages came and went from the different stores.

"I'm just grateful you don't make us carry all the bags, packages, and Arceus knows what else you bought." Brock grinned.

"Part of the fun is just looking around at what is for sale." May assured Brock as the group made their way to the mall's central square. While the activity stage was empty, various seats were occupied by tired shoppers or the occasional parent waiting on a child to come out of a store.

"Croquis Downs could easily fit in here and there'd still be room!" Serena gasped, awed at the size of the mall as she perused the directory kiosk.

"Well, this place could fit inside the largest mall in the world--the Lumina Gallerie--three times over, and there'd still be room." Ash replied before spotting a familiar face in line at an ice cream shop. "Dawn, hello!"

"Hi there, Ash..." Dawn smiled. "How've you been? And what does it feel like being a superhero?"

Ash stiffled an embarrassed giggle. "I wouldn't call being a Jeweled Suit user a superhero--it's more like being a lab Rattata than anything else, since you're constantly training to have the suit grow stronger."

May changed the subject when she noticed a topaz ring on Dawn's right ring finger. "Where'd you get this?"

"That was a contest prize--I was pleasantly surprised Prinplup and me won the Voilaroc Invitational." Dan explained as she watched the oval shaped orange stone glint in the mall's bright lights.

"If you ever wanted to get a Jewel Suit, they make them out of topazes now." Ash explained.

"Thanks but no thanks--it's bad enough juggling contests, but juggling contests and defending the world from monsters would be a real challenge." Dawn smiled. "But no matter what happens, I wish you all success in your mission!"

The group did not, however, see Sapphire Scepter observing them from behind one of the artificial trees in the square. I can't unleash my champion here--I have to get the girl with the ring away from the crowd, and then take her ring!

An idea then occurred to her. Of course, why must I focus on this one girl, when I can take the rings of many girls--and potentially boys--at once?

She warped away to another part of the shopping district. Based on Emerald Arrow's reports, the region where one can simply buy these rings of power is not far from this shopping complex...

Later, at the Ketchum house...

"And the top story this evening is the odd tree monster that has been spotted robbing the stores at Jeweler's Row." the TV announcer reported as Ash walked in the room. "Authorities are puzzled why each of the three robberies so far have only taken rings..."

"That is puzzling..." Ash mused as he walked in the room, catching a glimpse of the report.

A sick feeling welled up inside of him when he saw an image of the oak tree with a ghastly face shattering jewelry display cases. I have a bad feeling this is the work of the Darkened Quarry...

"Is everything okay, Ash?" Delia peeked in the room, concerned at the pale look on her son's face.

"That tree monster...I think I know who the mastermind is behind it..." Ash explained.

"Oh?" Delia was interested.

"The thing is, i can't say I know who it is for sure--that's why I plan to ask Mr. Hamada about it in the morning." Ash went on.

"That's a good idea--he has battled and researched monsters before, so he may know something about this one." Delia smiled before changing the subject. "Come on--dinner will be ready soon, so go wash your hands."

"Malaville authorities are urging caution around Jeweler's Row for the time being until the monstrous culprit is identified." was the last part of the newscast Ash heard before entering the bathroom. That can't be the Darkened Quarry's work...can it? he thought.

In the Jewel Training Center...

"A tree monster attacking jewelry stores...while strange and baffling to the authorities, you may be right, Ash--it does fit the established pattern of the Darkened Quarry." Mr. Hamada explained to the others the next morning.

"Does this fiend have a name, like the last one we fought on Mt. Luna?" Misty asked.

"We're not sure--but Clemont has found that being a tree, it is weak to a number of things--fire, ice, and wind, to name a few." Mr. Hamada replied. "So if you do encounter it, you should have a chance at defeating it."

Clemont arrived in the room. "I did dig up something about the Quarry operative that created the fiend...her codename in the organization is Sapphire Scepter, but I'm still trying to figure out what her fighting style is like." He showed the group a rough sketch of Sapphire Scepter. "If you guys encounter her, I want to know all about it--your battles with Amber Aegis and Emerald Arrow were a big help in my research."

"We learned Amber Aegis focuses on protection or foes that can protect themselves." Misty explained.

"Emerald Arrow focused on ranged attacks, if memory serves." May added.

"Where is Sapphire Scepter now?" Brock wondered, changing the subject. "Plotting to use her treant to attack another jewelry store?"

Mr. Hamada chuckled. "I suppose you could describe this fiend as a treant...but we have found evidence she is planning to strike Treasures on Jewelry Row next, and the owner has reached out to us in hopes we could dispatch you guys to prevent a fourth robbery."

"We'll do it!" Ash cried.

"Anything to bring justice to the Darkened Quarry!" Serena agreed.

The next day, just outside of Treasures...

"Some stakeout this has been...." Misty sighed. "We've been patrolling for what, four hours?"

"Feels more like six..." Serena groaned.

"Remember what Mr. Hamada told us? Do not transform until we either spot the fiend or the operative." Brock reminded the group. "Even if we have to wait all day."

"What if our intel was only a distraction, and Sapphire Scepter is actually planning to attack somewhere else?" May worried.

"I'm worried about that too, but remember that all our intelligence is verified before we are dispatched--Mr. Hamada's never sent us on a wild Furfrou chase before." Brock assured May as his PokeNav clicked to 12:00 noon. "Lunchtime...one of us still has to stay on guard, though...

"I'll do it--hopefully Mr. Hamada honored my request for a cheeseburger in the food drop." Ash mused as his friends departed, leaving him alone.

For a while, nothing interesting seemed to happen as Ash calmly observed the people of Malaville coming and going from the various shops on Jewelry Row. All is well, as it should be... he grinned.

A rustle got his attention, and he balked as he saw a growling tree-like being lumbering towards Treasures. There it is... he thought as he clutched his ruby pendant in his hands.

He took a deep breath and let it go to prepare himself for his transformation. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

The tree monster watched in awe at the burst of flames, unaware that the boy that had been watching it was changing inside.

Inside the fiery cocoon, two heavily armored deep red leg plates appeared on Ash in a shower of rubies. Two armplates and gloves came next in another ruby explosion. A red chestplate was next, with a glowing ruby in the center, and a helmet with a ruby in the center rolled up with a swish, replacing his humble baseball cap. "Fire Ruby, burn!" he called to the tree-monster, daring it to take another step forward.

"So this is the armored hero Emerald Arrow was telling me about..." Sapphire Scepter. "So young, and so brave..."

"Give back those rings you stole!" Ash demanded. "NOW!!!"

"You want them back? Defeat my champion first." Sapphire Scepter replied with a smirk as the tree-monster approached Ash.

"Flame Shot!" Ash called, spraying a flurry of fireballs at the tree-monster. But after a few moments of burning, they mysteriously fizzled out as the tree-monster glowed a dull green.

Okay, let's try this again... Ash thought. "Flame Shot!"

"Did I mention my champion can heal itself by ingraining its roots in the ground?" Sapphire Scepter chuckled. "Have fun trying to defeat it!" she giggled as she warped away.

Ash swallowed hard as the tree monster approached him. Where is everyone when I need them?

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... Misty sang, creating a burst of waves and icy crystals that embraced her like a warm blanket. The armplates came first, then the chestplate appeared in an icy explosion, complete with a glowing sapphire in the center. After the royal blue legplates formed, Misty proceeded to perform a few karate kicks, as if challenging the tree monster.

A high pitched A note signaling that a small tiara that was part of Icy Sapphire's helmet was forming got Ash's attention. "Perfect timing, Misty!" he grinned as Misty landed next to him.

"Icy Sapphire, freeze!" Misty challenged the tree monster before snapping a crystalline bow into existence.

"Good idea to use the Aurora Bow, as well." Ash mused before he spotted the monster lashing a branch at him. As he jumped away, Misty fired her shot, freezing a large portion of the monster's trunk.

Karuto, iichiida shou... May was next to sing, creating a red and blue tornado of wind around her. Inside her wind cocoon, the armplates of May's suit came first, each one punctuated by a fountain of amethysts. Next, the two halves of the chestplate bonded to her body, complete with a glowing amethyst in the center, The legplates came next, neatly forming from a stream of light that rolled up May's legs. Her bandanna then became the suit's helmet, complete with small Eon wing ornaments on the sides. "Stormy Amethyst, ride!"

"Keep attacking it!" Ash suggested as Misty aimed for another shot. "It can heal itself by ingraining its roots!"

"Maybe, if we concealed ourselves, we can hit it hard before it has a chance to heal!" May suggested before hurling a misty ball to the ground. "Mist Ball!"

Just then, Brock arrived, noticing the tree-monster. Even with the advantage of fire, ice, and wind, they still need my help!

With that, he held the emerald pendant he wore close and sang Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo... creating a green burst as the jewel in his pendant flickered for a few seconds, creating a cocoon of leaves, crystals and light.

Inside the cocoon of leaves, green light and crystals, five glowing leaves formed on Brock's hands, expanding into one armplate, with a second set forming the other some seconds later. The legplates formed not long after that, then a quiver full of sparkling green arrows appeared on Brock's back as the chest plate, with a glowing emerald inside, formed in an explosion of leaves. "Gaia Emerald, bloom!"

"Gaia, what can you tell us about this creep?" Misty asked as she jumped to avoid a branch.

A green visor appeared on Brock as he analyzed the group's opponent. "Our opponent's name is Durharna--while it resembles a tree, it is actually a humanoid." he reported. As you said, Ash, it can ingrain its roots to heal itself. If we destroy the roots, we have a chance at destroying it."

Something occurred to May. "Not without Serena, we don't..."

Seios, higarima laisido... came a familiar voice before lighting up the square in a burst of light. Inside the cocoon of yellow light, Serena's legplates came first--first the left leg, then the right. Next came the armplates in explosions of yellow diamonds, with the right armplate holding a small projectile weapon that looked similar to a Fennekin tail. A stream of light wrapped around her body and became the chestplate, complete with a yellow diamond in the center, followed by a rain of light wrapping around her head and becoming the suit's helmet. "Shine Diamond, sparkle!"

"We are the Glittering Celestial V!" Ash announced to no one in particular. "Our rainbow light pierces the darkness!"

The crack of the Crystal Coil boomed through the square some minutes later, but the tree-monster countered by lashing a branch, tying up Brock in cobwebs as the Crystal Coil landed at his side moments later.

May scrambled out of the way of another branch, hiding behind the wall of an abandoned building. This should be the perfect spot for an ambush! she thought as she created some Feather-kens.

"AUGH!" Misty yelped as she too was wrapped in cobwebs, the arrow she was planning to shoot flying skyward in an icy explosion when her bow landed next to her moments later.

"EEYAH!" Serena landed next to Misty. "Thank goodness the Fox Tail is all right..." she smiled as she inspected the Fox Tail for damage, but no dents or dings were found.

"We may as well check our weapons too--we'll be hanging here for a while..." Brock sarcastically sighed as he fruitlessly tried to wriggle free of the webs.

May watched in horror as Ash tried to duel the tree monster with a shining yellow blade with a guard shaped like a pair of Pikachu ears, only to be thrown to the ground and wrapped in webs. I have to do something, and save my friends!

An idea came to her as she waved away the Feather-kens. I know Mr. Hamada said not to use the Swanna Song unless it was an emergency...and this definitely is an emergency!

With that, she leapt skyward and began Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...

"May!" Serena gasped, prompting the others to look skyward, where May was flying to face the tree-monster, singing a mysteriously beautiful song all the while.

Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis... May continued as an array of red and blue crystals formed around her.
Katoradis favel siicletu edena... May's voice echoed across the square as the crystals began swirling together, creating a shining purple tornado of wind and light.
Emusto koron zen fine, si...

As the tornado slammed into the tree monster, the others felt the webs imprisoning them disappear, allowing them to get up. Serena flew over to catch May in her arms. "May? Hang on, May!" she called, the gloves on her suit glowing as they infused May with a gentle warmth.

May came to some moments later. "I'm...fine...you guys..." she wheezed. "I had...to do something...to save you..."

"You did something very brave--using your Swanna Song to save us even though we all know the risk." Brock began. "That's worth a celebration."

"Let's get the stolen jewels back where they belong first, then we'll celebrate." Misty grinned, relieved May would be all right as the group hurried to gather the millions of rings the tree creature had been carrying...

The next day...

"Mamoru Hamada...when you and Silph Co. first began the Jewel Suit Project, many ridiculed you, saying there was no power inside of jewels." Officer Jenny began. "But you persisted, and gave to us this squadron of brave young men and women." She made a grand gesture to the group. "On behalf of the Malaville Police, and the people of Malaville, please accept this Medallion of Valor."

The crowd cheered as Officer Jenny hung the silver medal around Mr. Hamada's neck. "It is indeed an honor to be recognized for a dream many saw foolish in the beginning." Mr. Hamada began. "But I persisted because I wanted to create a fighting force that could be mobilized quickly and work in conjunction with law enforcement--discovering that jewels did in fact have mystical power, and could be safely implanted into people only benefited the project, and allowed it to grow into what it is today."

He addressed the crowd. "But the Jewel Suit Project is far from complete--as long as there are jewels that can be made into mystic suits, people willing to use these suits, and evil wishing to destroy this beautiful world, it will endure--and the Glittering Celestial V will be ready!"

More cheers rang through the city. But as the people celebrated, they did not notice the silver humanoid flying back over the mountains...

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years

This is our story...

[OP theme]

Episode 4: The impure pearl and the fire breathing Donphan!

In the Crystal Castle...

A girl with white hair in a robe-like white suit with gold trim materialized into Diamond Saber's chamber. "You called, chief?"

"Pearl Tome...my most trusted agent." Diamond Saber grins at the girl. "I have a perfect mission for you..."

"Go on..." the girl smiles.

Diamond Saber conjures a scene of our heroes performing at a local school. "Take a look at these five--they are this world's defense force."

"Really, now? They don't look any different than any other humans." Pearl Tome muses as she watches Ash, in character as a hero in a story, say a humorous line, making the offscreen audience laugh.

She turns business-like again. "Then again, if my comrades say they are dangerous, then I too will take extra precautions against them. We'll see how well they fare against attacks of a magical nature."

"Excellent." Diamond Saber smiles as Pearl Tome departs, presumably to begin her own conjuration ritual.

In the Jewel Training Center...

"I must say, you five are excellent storytellers." Mr. Hamada grinned as we welcomed the group a few days later. "Touya has been talking non-stop about you guys' show ever since your performance--I wish I could have been there to see it."

Brock thought for a moment. "We don't just perform at traditional schools--we'll perform at libraries, festivals, and anywhere else that will enjoy a good story."

"Say...you think the kids that are training for core implantation would love a performance?" May offered.

"Yeah!" Serena agreed. "We kill two Fletchlings with one stone--Mr. Hamada gets to see the show his son is raving about, and the kids get a break from studying and training."

"And another audience member that's near and dear to all of us...Clemont's sister Bonnie." Misty added.

Serena balked in surprise. "I didn't know she was in training to get a core!"

"She is--and she did it by her own choice, unlike a majority of the kids." Mr. Hamada explained. "The trainers constantly tell me how she is on track to receive a suit well before her peers."

"Does she understand that having a Jewel Suit inside you is not all fun and games?" Brock asked.

"And that you must constantly train and get better?" Serena added.

"She appears to know this well--I see her constantly training in one way or another." Mr. Hamada assured the group. "And I will leave you to yours

Ash motioned for the group to follow him into the main training hall. "Come on, guys--let's get--!"

This was as far as he got before some concerned chatter by a computer console got his attention. While the researchers' technobabble made no sense to him, he managed to catch a glimpse of a large metallic beast similar to a Donphan ransacking a school as kids and adults rushed to get away. "Could it be...we have more sinister viewers in the audience?"

"Huh?" Misty asked before she noticed the Donphan monster blip on a status screen with the word ALERT, making sirens and red lights flash throughout the building.

"Celestial V, I need you to go on a scouting mission--find that Donphan monster, and intercept it before it can attack again." Mr. Hamada instructed.

"But how? The only means we can fly is the wings on our suits, and I don't know how far of a distance they'd be able to go." Misty wondered.

"Luckily, I have a solution to your problem..." Clemont smiled, beckoning the group to follow him to the research and development wing.

Somewhere in the research and development department...

"Presenting the latest addition to your arsenal...the V-Ship!" Clemont smiled, making a grand gesture to a fleet of sleek V-shaped spaceship-like vehicles, each one in the group's respective color.

"Wow!" Misty gasped.

"Beautiful!" Serena agreed as she made a beeline to the yellow V-Ship and laid her hand on the beautiful ship's wing.

"These are mainly for scouting and patrol flights, but they do come with weaponry should the need to fight in the air arise." Clemont explained before draping flight suits over the group's backs. "You can fly them in your Jewel Suit or in these."

"Cool!" Ash smiled as he gathered up his flight suit. "Can we take them for a test flight?"

"Of course." Clemont replied before pressing a button, opening the hangar door and revealing a runway.

"No prizes for guessing what our formation will be." Ash grinned as the cockpit door of the red V-ship opened, allowing him to climb inside.

"The V." Brock smiled as he climbed inside the green V-ship.

"Rainbow to Celestial V, you are cleared for takeoff." the air controller reported over Ash's radio.

"Roger, Rainbow--Celestial V moving out." Ash replied before the five V-Ships took off.

In the skies above Malaville...

"Wow!" May gasped as she saw the skyline of Malaville below them.

"What a view!" Misty agreed as the five V-ships flew low over the city, looking for any sign of the Donphan monster that had been spotted a few hours earlier.

"I'm glad you like the view, but remember, we're mainly out looking for a Darkened Quarry creep." Ash reminded the girls.

For a while, the flight was uneventful, but just when Misty was about to radio Ash to ask to return to the Training Center, she spotted something large and metallic charring a light pole nearby Malaville Elementary School. "Icy Sapphire to Fire Ruby, I've found our target, over."

"Icy Sapphire, there is a landing area by the school, so let's all land and engage the target on the ground." Ash radioed back before leading the group to land.

In the grass not far from Malaville Elementary School...

"There it is..." Misty pointed out a large silvery Donphan-like creature with large circular turbines for ears setting another lamppost on fire with its hose-like trunk.

"Donphans are Ground types, right?" Brock mused as he started towards the pavement. "That means Gaia Emerald should have an advantage."

"So you're one of the defense force?" Pearl Tome smiled as she appeared on the pavement by the Donphan-monster's side. "I was expecting there would be children here..."

"You picked the wrong day to attack a school, because even children deserve the Glittering Celestial V's protection!" Brock challenged.

Pearl Tome smirked, amused. "There's five of you? I only see one...and that one is weak to Hachouchin's fire."

Brock dove back into the grass as Hachouchin aimed a stream of fire at him, which only exploded in the sky.

Undettered, he took a deep breath, and unleashed his hypersonic scream, making Hachouchin bellow in pain and Pearl Tome cover her ears to block out the painful loud noise.

Misty noticed the sound waves battering Hachouchin. "That should buy enough time for the rest of us to transform!"

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Ash sang, creating a burst of fire and rubies that lit up the grass. Unlike Hachouchin's fire, the cocoon Ash was inside of was holy fire that would not harm plant life.

Inside the fiery cocoon, two heavily armored deep red leg plates appeared on Ash in a shower of rubies. Two armplates and gloves came next in another ruby explosion. A red chestplate was next, with a glowing ruby in the center, and a helmet with a ruby in the center rolled up with a swish, replacing his humble baseball cap. "Fire Ruby, burn!" he called to the metallic Donphan as he ran to join Brock.

"In case of emergency, use Hyper Voice." Brock grinned, relieved Ash had arrived.

"I'll do what we can, but we really need Misty." Ash replied in between aiming Flame Shots at Hachouchin. "She has water power, you know."

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... Misty sang from the brush, creating a burst of waves and icy crystals that embraced her like a warm blanket. The armplates came first, then the chestplate appeared in an icy explosion, complete with a glowing sapphire in the center. After the royal blue legplates formed, Misty proceeded to perform a few karate kicks, as if challenging the metallic Donphan.

A high pitched A note signaling that a small tiara that was part of Icy Sapphire's helmet was forming got the boys' attention. "Icy Sapphire, freeze!" Misty announced before summoning her Starmie shield. "You want water, you got it!"

Hachouchin heaved another fire blast, but it was easily absorbed. "Misty saves the day again!" Ash grinned, relieved that help had arrived.

"Not that I mind having to save you guys..." Misty smiled back.

Inspired, Brock heaved a fist at the ground. "Golem Fist!"

Misty balked at Hachouchin was skewered by the stalagmite that appeared from the force of Brock's punch. "Wow...when they said these things had super strength, they MEANT super strength!"

"We really need the strength of May and Serena right now..." Ash heaved as Hachouchin whacked away another stream of fireballs with its trunk.

Karuto, iichiida shou... May was next to sing, creating a red and blue tornado of wind around her. Inside her wind cocoon, the armplates of May's suit came first, each one punctuated by a fountain of amethysts. Next, the two halves of the chestplate bonded to her body, complete with a glowing amethyst in the center. The legplates came next, neatly forming from a stream of light that rolled up May's legs. Her bandanna then became the suit's helmet, complete with small Eon wing ornaments on the sides. "Stormy Amethyst, ride!"

Seios, higarima laisido... Serena sang before a burst of yellow light lit up the blacktop in a burst of light. Inside the cocoon of yellow light, Serena's legplates came first--first the left leg, then the right. Next came the armplates in explosions of yellow diamonds, with the right armplate holding a small projectile weapon that looked similar to a Fennekin tail. A stream of light wrapped around her body and became the chestplate, complete with a yellow diamond in the center, followed by a rain of light wrapping around her head and becoming the suit's helmet. "Shine Diamond, sparkle!"

"Now there should be five!" Ash challenged Pearl Tome.

"We are the Glittering Celestial V!" Misty announced to no one in particular. "Our rainbow light pierces the darkness!"

"Nice to meet you, Glittering Celestials...is your power a match for this?" Pearl Tome sneered, warping away before Hachouchin's tusks became twin launchers.

"Uh oh..." May swallowed hard.

"Hit the dirt!" Serena called as Hachouchin began rapidly firing shining tusks.

Brock summoned his visor. "Okay...Hachouchin is a metallic monster capable of breathing fire, using its tusks as missiles, and using its turbine like ears to create a massive energy wave. That means we should try and destroy it before it uses the ear attack."

The group nodded. "Then if it is a steel type, maybe we should fight fire with fire!" Ash suggested.

"Nine Tailed Arrow!" Brock called as he fired a single arrow skyward.

"That's one way to fight fire with fire..." May smiled as millions of flaming arrows rained down on Hachouchin. Some firey shots from the Fox Tail managed to hold Hachouchin on the ground, while Misty and May provided defense for the attackers.

Once sure Hachouchin was not getting up, Ash called "Let's fly, Fire Ruby!"

"Wha...?" Serena gasped as Ash took off, effortlessly soaring over the large Donphan-monster's head.

"He must've been practicing in the aerial training room!" Misty smiled, pleased at her friend's quick progress in mastering his suit's flying abilities.

Ash, meanwhile, kept climbing higher and higher, creating a trail of fire behind him, before diving downward, creating a burst of fire that resembled Moltres. "Moltres Rising!"

May watched as the Moltres-burst impacted their opponent, destroying it and healing any damage that had been caused. "Great flying, Ash!"

"If you're curious, I have in fact been training in the aerial room." Ash assured May. "Our work here is done--let's fly back to base."

"Even better, we can still perform at the school tomorrow." Serena smiled as she climbed back into her V-Ship. "The students and staff have no idea anything happened."

As the five V-Ships took off for their flight home, the five friends did not see the white humanoid flying over the mountains....

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years

This is our story...

[OP theme]

Episode 5: The yellow ninja, Topaz Dagger!

In the Crystal Castle...

"Topaz Dagger, report." Diamond Saber sighed.

Almost immediately, a black haired young man in a hooded dull yellow suit and a cape to match appeared from the wallpaper. "You called, chief?"

"What is one way we can move in for a takeover without alerting the defensive forces of this world?" Diamond Saber asked, petting his Pyroar.

"Everyone else has been making a big show about it..." Topaz Dagger explained. "So if you send a monster on the rampage, of course the defense forces are going to notice! The key is stealth, my specialty--move in with the defensive forces unaware, catch them off guard, and defeat them before they know what's going on."

"Hm..." Diamond Saber thought for a moment. "I never thought about it that way...so I'm putting you, my stealth master, in charge of this mission."

"The guardians of this world are in for a surprise..." Topaz Dagger grinned before pulling up his hood, grabbing a monster egg, and disappearing in a puff of smoke.

Meanwhile, in the Jewel Training Center...

"It was a good idea to spend the day playing with the kids that are training..." Misty smiled as she and the others dug through a box of small instruments for the next game they planned to play.

"Probably a welcome break from training for many of them..." Ash agreed before unearthing a red kazoo in the box.

An idea came to him, prompting him to buzz one of the harmony lines from the Chocobo theme, making Serena giggle. Inspired, Misty found a blue kazoo in the box and played the other harmony line.

May and Brock joined in soon after--May buzzing the melody line on a purple kazoo, and Brock buzzing the bass line on a green kazoo. Once Serena had found a yellow kazoo in the box, all five of them proceeded to play the iconic game theme together, making some researchers try oh-so-hard not to laugh as the sound of five kazoos in five part harmony drifted down the hallway.

Just then, Clemont peeked from his workshop and grinned when he heard the kazoos. Bonnie would love this! he smiled before adding some vocal percussion to the kazoos.

After playing three spirited renditions of the song, some laughter and applause snapped the group to attention. "That was very clever, you guys!" Mr. Hamada grinned. "Never thought I'd hear a kazoo band in the training wing before..."

"It was Ash's idea..." Misty explained.

"We were looking for stuff for a musical game for our next activity, Ash found a kazoo, and it took off from there." Serena explained, toying with her kazoo.

"Wanna hear Mario?" Brock offered, readying his kazoo to play again.

Mr. Hamada chuckled. "Go for it--Touya would love you all for doing Mario on kazoos. In fact, you guys are already his heroes for 'taking on Bowser better than Mario', in his words."

"I can record it!" Clemont offered as the group prepared to play again....

Later that evening...

"That was fun!" Serena smiled as the group departed the training center.

"Bonnie laughing as we played the Chocobo theme on kazoos...priceless." Brock agreed. "We need to learn some more...songs...for...next...time..."

"Brock? Is everything okay?" Misty asked as Brock approached the city athletic complex.

Brock pressed the emerald button on an earpiece, summoning his tracking visor. "Something's inside the athletic complex--the patrons of the athletic complex have no idea anything's wrong."

"Can you see what it is?" Ash asked as the group made their way inside, past the young men and women running on treadmills, stretching and lifting weights.

"I'm not sure what is it just yet--it's hiding inside the wall." Brock reported as the group made their way into the corridors leading to the pools, the ice rink, the skate park, and the tracks. "It looks like a Kecleon crossed with a Servine."

As the group made their way into one of the track centers, Ash called "Okay, Darkened Quarry, come on out!"

Topaz Dagger emerged from the wall with his summoned monster. "Aw, why did you have to spoil my ambush?"

"You forgot that Gaia Emerald has tracking capabilities." Brock replied with a grin.

"Ah, so that's Gaia Emerald..." Topaz Dagger smiled. "Good luck trying to hit Kachiburu--if you can even find him!" With that, he warped away, leaving Brock to deal with the serpentine Kecleon-like monster alone.

Brock just summoned his visor. "Okay...guys, if you'll go ahead and transform, I'll be your eyes for you so we don't cause any unnecessary damage."

"Right!" May replied as the others nodded in agreement.

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Ash sang, creating a burst of fire and rubies that lit up the track infield.

Inside the fiery cocoon, two heavily armored deep red leg plates appeared on Ash in a shower of rubies. Two armplates and gloves came next in another ruby explosion. A red chestplate was next, with a glowing ruby in the center, and a helmet with a ruby in the center rolled up with a swish, replacing his humble baseball cap. "Fire Ruby, burn!" he called to his sinewy opponent.

The monster hissed, and tried to whack away Ash. "The monster is based on a Grass type, so fire should be effective." Brock reported to Ash. "However, I can't tell if it has a Kecleon's Color Change ability or not."

"Only one way to find out!" Ash smiled before firing some thunderbolts from his hands.

"Now do it again and see what happens." Brock suggested.

Ash nodded, and fired another wave of thunderbolts at the monster, sending it rearing backwards. "It worked still!"

Brock heaved a sigh of relief. "That means we won't have to worry about my worst fear--this thing has Kecleon's Hidden Ability, which changes its type to the move the monster itself uses, not what last hit it."

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... Misty sang, creating a burst of waves and icy crystals that embraced her like a warm blanket. The armplates came first, then the chestplate appeared in an icy explosion, complete with a glowing sapphire in the center. After the royal blue legplates formed, Misty proceeded to perform a few karate kicks, as if challenging the long and skinny Kecleon-like monster.

A high pitched A note signaling that a small tiara that was part of Icy Sapphire's helmet was forming got the boys' attention. "Icy Sapphire, freeze!" Misty announced before summoning the Aurora Bow, and nocking a shot.

Karuto, iichiida shou... May was next to sing, creating a red and blue tornado of wind around her. Inside her wind cocoon, the armplates of May's suit came first, each one punctuated by a fountain of amethysts. Next, the two halves of the chestplate bonded to her body, complete with a glowing amethyst in the center. The legplates came next, neatly forming from a stream of light that rolled up May's legs. Her bandanna then became the suit's helmet, complete with small Eon wing ornaments on the sides. "Stormy Amethyst, ride!"

Seios, higarima laisido... Serena sang before a burst of yellow light lit up the room. Inside the cocoon of yellow light, Serena's legplates came first--first the left leg, then the right. Next came the armplates in explosions of yellow diamonds, with the right armplate holding a small projectile weapon that looked similar to a Fennekin tail. A stream of light wrapped around her body and became the chestplate, complete with a yellow diamond in the center, followed by a rain of light wrapping around her head and becoming the suit's helmet. "Shine Diamond, sparkle!"

"We are the Glittering Celestial V!" May announced to no one in particular. "Our rainbow light pierces the darkness!"

"That's everyone..." Brock noted, still observing the monster as it blended in with a wall. "Okay...it's headed for the championship banners on the wall...."

"Luster Purge!" May charged a huge ball of blue light, and hurled at the spot Brock indicated, sending the monster falling in the floor with a thud.

"Golem Fist!" Brock next punched the floor, seemingly impaling the monster on a stalagmite. He grimaced when the visor showed him that his target had merely blended in with what had been meant to destroy it, rendering the punch harmless.

"Prism Shot!" Serena called as she aimed the Fox Tail at the camouflaged monster, knocking it off the stalagmite and onto the floor.

"Two can play at this game..." May mused. "Air Body!"

Misty gasped as May seemed to disappear. "May? Where'd you go?"

"I'm still right here, I'm just invisible, like this monster is." May assured her friend as the monster looked around confused. "However, I can only stay like this for a short time."

"May, see if you can fly on top of the creep's head!" Brock called.

"Let's fly, Stormy Amethyst!" With that, May soared into the air, landing on a catwalk overlooking the room as her Air Body wore off. "It started to move again as I took off, so I landed on a safer vantage point." she explained to Brock down below.

"Freeze Frame!" Serena called, freezing the monster in time where it was. "There--now we can pound away at it for a little while!"

May summoned a few Feather-kens and heaved them at the frozen monster. "Thanks!" Misty called as she charged a rainbow light in her hands. "Bubblebeam!"

She jumped out of the way as time started again, and the monster angrily tried to swipe at her, only swiping the air instead. Not one to be deterred, Misty summoned the Aurora Bow and fired a shot, turning the floor to ice. Despite the monster's frantic attempts to claw Misty, its frantic attacks only made it slide about even more.

"Prism Shot!" Serena fired another volley of prisms at the monster, knocking it about even more.

"Doing great, Serena!" Ash grinned as he watched the tiny shining prisms knock the monster about like a giant golf ball.

"Marksman training has its advantages." Serena replied. "Some of what you learn there can also apply to archery."

Misty grimaced as her next arrow appeared to sail through thin air. "We'll be fighting this thing all night at this rate..." she grumbled.

Gatrandis favel, secret, edena... Serena sang as wings appeared to form on her back as she floated into the air.
Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis... At this, a rainbow aura formed around her.

"Did she just transform into an angel?" Ash gasped as he watched and listened to Serena's Swanna Song.

Katoradis favel siicletu edena... Serena continued as her rainbow aura continued getting brighter.
Emusto koron zen fine, si...

The others shielded their eyes as the monster was engulfed in a rainbow explosion, which also fixed any damage in the room.

May soared down and caught Serena in her arms. "Here...this is to return the favor when I used my Swanna Song."

"Thank you...May..." Serena wheezed as she came to. "I didn't want to...use it...but I had to...before..."

That was as far as she got before a kazoo triumphantly buzzing the Final Fantasy victory theme got everyone's attention. "You STILL have the kazoo you played earlier?" Misty gasped when she saw Ash holding a familiar red kazoo.

"Why not? Mr. Hamada said we could keep them." Ash grinned.

Serena weakly smiled. "Thanks, Ash...we did win, after all." Everyone laughed in agreement unaware of the silver humanoid being flying past the window, headed for the mountains....

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
A little interlude that will help make a major part of the sixth episode make sense.

Intermission: "Bonnie's resolve and Clemont's promise!"

Hi...Clemont here...while I know that you mainly came to read another adventure of the Glittering Celestial V, you also must remember that there are many many others supporting them behind the scenes--I'm one of these people.

My main job is to help build and repair suits for the kids in training to receive one--you already know by now that one of them is my little sister Bonnie. I've already made her suit using my own designs--since it is a pink suit that grants the user Fairy-type powers, I call it Fairy Tourmaline (after the core I plan to seal it in when it is ready) At the moment, it is a pure Fairy suit, but who am I to think it will gain lightning powers thanks to Bonnie's bond with Dedenne? That's how Fire Ruby is a dual suit, allowing Ash to use both fire and lightning abilities.

But I digress.

Bonnie has proven herself the most eager of trainees, but she also knows that having a Jewel Suit inside her is a serious responsibility.

So on this particular day, I was inside my workshop welding on some magenta armor to the left legplate when I heard her call. "Big bro!"

I shut off the torch and came up to see her holding a piece of paper in her hands. "Weren't you in the athletics area with the other kids.

"I was, but a researcher asked me to pass on this super secret message from Mr. Hamada to you." Bonnie explained as she handed me the paper. "I wasn't even allowed to peek at it to see what it said!"

"That important, huh?" I grinned as I pocketed the paper, then gave Bonnie a little hug. "Tell Mr. Hamada I got his message and will comply with it--whatever it says."

"Okay!" With that, Bonnie hurried off back to the athletic training wing, and I returned to work on Fairy Tourmaline. Once I was back in the workshop where no one else would disturb me for a while, I retrieved Bonnie's message, unfolded it, and read what it said:

To: Clemont Leclair, Chief Builder and Mechanic

From: Mamoru Hamada, Silph Co. President and Jewel Project Head

Date: April 20, 21XX

Re: Quick Travel Concerns

I presented your concerns about the Celestial V being able to travel quickly to an operative's location to the research team, and they agreed that you have some very viable concerns worth addressing, specifically:

--What if the Darkened Quarry operative were on one end of the world, and the Celestial V on the other? How would they be able to cross the world quickly?
--What are some safe and feasible options for quick travel?
--Can quick travel also be extended to trainees and other members that are part of the project?

The main priority for now is finding out if quick travel is even doable within our capabilities. After some discussion of your proposals, we agreed that enhancing the V Ships' auto pilot was the most feasible option at this time.

If you wish, you are welcome to attempt to install an enhanced autopilot on the V Ships, then test how far they are able to fly on the autopilot system.

I look forward to hearing the results of your research.

Regards,

Mamoru Hamada

I folded up the memo and stashed it in my file of read memos. If Mr. Hamada had given me permission to tinker with the V Ship's autopilot, working on Fairy Tourmaline could wait!

After putting away my welding gear and retrieving my V Ship tools, I hurried off to the hanger just in time to find some mechanics finishing some routine maintenance on the V Ships. Once they had left, I found a spare red V Ship (ever since Ash and the gang successfully flew the first fleet a few weeks before, the manufacturing bay had been in overdrive making extras just in case one crashed, broke down, or otherwise lost--so now we have millions of them on hand.) to work with.

I easily found the autopilot system and went to work. It took the better part of the morning and a little trial and error, but by the time lunch came round, I had a workable prototype of an enhanced autopilot.

After lunch, I considered testing my enhanced autopilot. If the V Ship crashed, Mr. Hamada wouldn't be mad--the manufacturing bay had millions of them exactly like it, so it wasn't the end of the world if one crashed or broke down.

"Lumiere to Rainbow, requesting permission to test enhanced autopilot on V Ship R-26630142, over." I radioed the tower.

"Rainbow to Lumiere, you are go to commence testing--good luck!" came the reply as the hanger door rumbled open.

I thought for a moment--out of all our secret Mirage Spots, where would be the closest to the Nameless Cavern, where Mr. Hamada had sent Ash and the group to train earlier in the morning?

Then it hit me--the Pathless Plain was nearby, so if I could send a V Ship there and back in a reasonable amount of time, then is was more than possible of going to the Nameless Cavern if we had to send them there!

With that thought in mind, I quickly programmed my enhanced autopilot to fly to the Pathless Plain, then fly back to headquarters. As the ship's engines roared to life and the red V Ship took off on its own, I silently hoped to Arceus it wouldn't crash or lose contact with us.

My worries were unfounded--the ship easily made the trip in 45 minutes without so much as a scratch. After implementing the enhanced autopilot on several more V Ships and sending them to far flung corners of the world, I was overjoyed by the consistent trip times each test ship recorded--my enhanced autopilot was as success!

I spent most of the afternoon installing my autopilot on the rest of the fleet, but just as I finished installing the system on the five Ash and the gang had used, the alert sirens sounded in the hanger--a Darkened Quarry operative had been spotted not far from Mt. Chimney!

At first I wanted to panic, but then I remembered this was why I had spent the whole afternoon building the enhanced autopilot in the first place.

I quickly entered in the coordinates to the Nameless Cavern in the V ships Ash and the others used, then watched them take off in a neat V formation, hoping all the while they would get there in time for Ash and the gang to save Mt. Chimney...

To Be Continued....

EmeraldSky

Years

This is our story...

[OP theme]

Episode 6: The hard hitting ruby knuckle!

In the Crystal Castle...

Topaz Dagger warped into the common hall of the castle. "I can't understand...how did the defensive forces gain tracking abilities?"

"Maybe you don't need to ambush them..." a tall and muscular young man in a red metallic suit grinned as he arrived aboard a Raikou-like monster wearing a red, silver and gold blanket. "You could just crush them with raw power and be done with it!"

"It won't be quite that easy, Ruby Knuckle..." Diamond Saber cautioned. "I am, however, intrigued by something Sapphire discovered before she was caught--is it possible that the defensive forces get their power from something buried beneath the earth?"

"Worth a shot--I have just the brute for the job!" Ruby Knuckle smiled before departing.

Picara just shook her head. "I had more to tell Ruby Knuckle, but off he goes." Diamond Saber sighed.

"You know Ruby Knuckle, chief--all brawn and no brains." Pearl Tome chuckled as she brought some tea.

"I wouldn't be surprised if his acting before thinking costs him dearly one day." Diamond Saber mused before taking a teacup, sipping at it as he studied the map of the Pokeworld.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the waters of Houen...

"What are we doing all the way out here, Bianca?" Ash wondered has his Latias companion dropped the group on a lush island, where a massive cavern stood.

"Mr. Hamada believes you may be on the edge of a breakthrough with your suits--and so brought you out here to the Nameless Cavern to train." Bianca explained. "I will return at the day's end." With that, she took off into the puffy white clouds.

"Bye, Bianca! Fly safe!" Ash called as the Latias soared off, until she was only a tiny red speck in the sky.

"So this is the Nameless Cavern..." Brock mused as he approached the yawning cave before him. "Hello?" he called, only for his voice to echo into the cave

"Anybody home?" May agreed, but her voice echoed too.

Just then, a pink ball of light flew down before the group, which formed into Mesprit. "Good morrow--my brothers and I know why you have come." she assured the group as she led them inside the cave. "Your challenge is to work as a team to reach the innermost sanctum of the cavern."

Brock swallowed hard at the array of platforms, lifts, and other obstacles that were scattered around the first room of the cave. "What are we getting ourselves into?"

"We didn't come here for vacation, remember?" Misty reminded her friend as she climbed onto the first platformed, then hover jumped onto the next one. Brock followed suit some moments later, despite narrowly missing the second platform and falling into the cold water below.

Meanwhile, in the volcanic caverns of Mt. Chimney...

Ruby Knuckle materialized on the Mt. Chimney path, savoring the musty smell of smoke and burning lava. "Ah...nothing like the smell of lava in the morning..." he grinned before making his way inside a cavern.

Now...where are the stones Sapphire Scepter was researching? he thought as he walked along the rocky path, admiring the ominous red glow from the rivers of lava around him. This firey place must have something to do with it.

A shard of obsidian got his attention. Say...what if I could create a creature from these and the liquid fire around here to guard the stones in this cavern?

With that thought in mind, he brought a large stream of lava to him and squeezed it, making it harden into something he could work with. After spending an hour or two molding the lava into a humanoid shape, he dotted it with peridots, diamonds and more obsidian shards to create a kind of armor. "There..." he smiled gleefully at the lava golem he had made. "That should do it."

The lava golem bent down on one knee, as if Ruby Knuckle were a king. "I am your master, and you will do as I command." he told the golem. "Now...search the cavern for any sort of glittering stone!" The golem nodded, and hurried off, smashing rock formations and making the cavern shake as it lumbered off.

Back at the Nameless Cavern...

As Ash eased his way onto another platform that led to the top of a cliff, the buzzing of his communicator watch almost made him slip and fall, but he managed to steady himself. "This is Fire Ruby."

"Ash, I'm sorry about cutting your training session short, but a Darkened Quarry operative has been spotted attempting to make Mt. Chimney erupt." Mr. Hamada explained. "Fuyan and the surrounding regions have already begun evacuations.

"But how are we gonna get to the other end of Houen from here?" Ash wondered.

"Clemont has spent the afternoon improving the V Ship's autopilot--so they should be arriving to pick you up shortly." Mr. Hamada replied. "I will warn you now--this operative likes to hit hard with raw power, so be careful."

"Got it!" Ash grinned as the transmission ended.

Azelf warped the group outside some moments later. "You are always welcome to come train here any time you wish." he explained.

"Thanks, but we have bigger Magikarp to fry at the moment..." Ash replied, scanning the skies for any sign of the V Ships.

A whine of an engine got Misty's attention. "There they are!" she called as the five V ships landed by their respective owner's side.

"Memo to self--thank Clemont for his hard work!" Brock mused as he climbed in the green V Ship.

Later, inside Chimney Cavern...

"Okay, Darkened Quarry, come on out!" Serena called into the lava filled cave.

"Shouldn't we be--!" May started before the ground beneath them started to shake. "Earthquake!"

Misty was equally afraid as the lava golem approached. "No, it's worse than that!"

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Ash angrily sang, creating a burst of fire and rubies that lit up the cave.

Inside the fiery cocoon, two heavily armored deep red leg plates appeared on Ash in a shower of rubies. Two armplates and gloves came next in another ruby explosion. A red chestplate was next, with a glowing ruby in the center, and a helmet with a ruby in the center rolled up with a swish, replacing his humble baseball cap. "Fire Ruby, burn!" he called to the glowing golem.

"Perfect timing, defense forces..." Ruby Knuckle smirked as he materialized before the group. "What makes you think a super suit will protect you against my golem?"

"Try two super suits!" Brock shot back. "Or more!"

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... Misty sang, creating a burst of waves and icy crystals that embraced her like a warm blanket. The armplates came first, then the chestplate appeared in an icy explosion, complete with a glowing sapphire in the center. After the royal blue legplates formed, Misty proceeded to perform a few karate kicks, as if challenging the lava humanoid.

A high pitched A note signaling that a small tiara that was part of Icy Sapphire's helmet was forming got the boys' attention. "Icy Sapphire, freeze!" Misty announced, silently daring the lava golem to attack her.

Seios, higarima laisido... Serena sang before a burst of yellow light lit up the cavern. Inside the cocoon of yellow light, Serena's legplates came first--first the left leg, then the right. Next came the armplates in explosions of yellow diamonds, with the right armplate holding a small projectile weapon that looked similar to a Fennekin tail. A stream of light wrapped around her body and became the chestplate, complete with a yellow diamond in the center, followed by a rain of light wrapping around her head and becoming the suit's helmet. "Shine Diamond, sparkle!"

"We are the Glittering Celestial V!" Misty announced to no one in particular. "Our rainbow light pierces the darkness!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I've seen this act before." Ruby Knuckle was unimpressed. "But can your glittering celestial greatness hold up to pure, unbridled power?"

With that, he warped away, leaving the group to deal with the golem. "EYAAAAAAAH!" Serena yelped as the golem's punch sent her flying into a cave wall.

"Serena!" Misty gasped, hurrying over to assess Serena's wounds. "Water Guard!"

Ash drew the Thundersword, then fired a red beam at the golem. But he gasped in horror as the flames only made the golem glow brighter. "I guess fighting fire with fire is out of the question!"

"Stay with Serena!" Misty suggested. "I have her protected by a Water Guard!"

"Okay!" Ash hurried over and knelt down by his friend. "You okay?"

"I think so..." Serena groaned as she eased herself to her feet. "Mr. Golem doesn't know I have healing abilities...."

"Still, that was a nasty wallop you took." Ash cautioned before holding up three fingers. "How many fingers do you see?"

"Three." Serena replied as her suit glowed infusing her with healing energy. "I will thank you for your concern, though."

"Golem Fist!" Brock next punched the ground, catching the golem off balance as a stalagmite emerged from the cave floor.

Seeing the glint of obsidian shards on the golem gave Brock an idea. Say...since obsidian is a kind of glass, that means I could shatter it with my Hyper Voice!

He then took a deep breath and unleashed the hypersonic scream, making the cave rumble and the golem writhe in pain as its "armor" shattered. "Great idea, Brock..." Misty grinned as obsidian, onyxes, and peridots rained around her. "Maybe now it's vulnerable now that its armor is gone."

"I don't know--it is made of hardened lava." Brock cautioned.

He jumped away from the golem's fist. landing on a platform in the river of lava. "Wind Guard!" May called, creating a shield of wind around the group.

Serena, meanwhile, formed a circle of shining swords around her. "Illusory Blades!" The golem tried to flee the shining swords, but ended up pinned to another wall.

Ash smiled. "You have the honors, Misty."

"I have just the thing..." Misty smiled before charging blue energy in her hands. "Bubblebeam!"

Serena watched as the stream of rainbow bubbles slammed into the golem. "Good riddance..." she smiled as the golem shattered into a thousand pieces and the river of lava calmed.

"I'm just ready to get out of this inferno." May complained as the group departed the cavern and out to their waiting V Ships.

"A cold shower sounds great." Serena agreed as she climbed in the yellow V Ship.

"Let's head out--we still have to thank Clemont for the enhanced autopilot." Ash smiled as he settled in the red V Ship.

As the five V Ships streaked into the sky, they did not see the silvery humanoid flying over the mountains...

TO BE CONTINUED...

EmeraldSky

Years

This is our story...

[OP theme]

Episode 7: The jade sickle isn't human!

In the Crystal Castle...

The whoosh of a whirlwind snapped two young men--one in a rainbow metallic suit, and another in a slightly lighter blue metallic suit--from a game of chess. "Oh, you've returned, Jade Sickle." the blue suited man grinned as he made his move, acknowledging the racoon-like creature in a pale green metallic suit with a nod.

"This world is HUGE--I wasn't sure if my magic was gonna get me completely around it at first." Jade Sickle wheezed as he trudged inside the room. "Quartz--Lapis is in check." he whispered to the rainbow suited man, pointing out the black king in a favorable position.

"I know how to play chess, Jade Sickle, thank you." Quartz Plate assured the tiny sickle weasel before him as he moved a bishop into range to capture the black king. "Check."

Lapis Lance calmly moved the black king to a safer place on the board, aware that Quartz Plate could put him back in check at any moment. "If you want to make yourself useful, Jade Sickle, you can fly over the human city and try to wound or capture the defense forces that keep frustrating us. Besides, it's an easy job for a tanooki."

"Oooh...I am NOT a tanooki!" Jade Sickle snapped. "I am a sickle weasel! Get it right!"

"Leave him alone!" Emerald Arrow pleaded, breaking up the impending fight. As Lapis Lance and Quartz Plate resumed their game, she took Jade Sickle to the castle library. "Okay...the defense force we're up against are five humans-three girls and two guys-who wear armored suits with jewels in the middle of the chest." she explained as she conjured a scene of Ash and the others enjoying a meal in a restaurant.

"The girls I'm not worried about--it's the two guys I'm interested in." Jade Sickle grinned, flexing his long claws in anticipation as he saw scenes of the group, now in a forested campground, overlooking a lake.

"Here's one...You'll need to be wary of this one, as he has great wisdom and tracking abilities granted by his armored suit." Emerald Arrow warned as the scene showed Brock teaching Bonnie how to fish. "The other one, their leader, mainly wields fire, but Topaz Dagger tells me he also knows lightning abilities thanks to his beloved pet mouse creature...I think it's called a Pikachu."

"Aw, a boy and his Pika...whatever." Jade Sickle grinned. "I'll steer clear of Wise Guy for now, but maybe if I can wound the leader, the rest of the defensive forces will retreat!"

"I don't doubt the power of your claws, Jade Sickle, but it won't be quite that easy to wound the leader--he has four others as protection." Emerald Arrow warned.

"Okay, new idea--take out the bodyguards and THEN wound the leader." Jade Sickle mused, now in a better mood. "This is why you are my best friend, Emerald--you come up with great battle ideas, and stick up for me when the big lugs pick on me and call me a tanooki."

Emerald Arrow just smiled. "Well, good luck on your mission...let me know how it went later." Jade Sickle nodded, and disappeared in a tornado, leaving Emerald Arrow to quietly read.

Meanwhile, in the forested campground just outside of Malaville...

The forest rang with a familiar Spanish melody as Bonnie spun and jumped around the campfire in a not quite flamenco-like dance as Brock played the exotic melody on his guitar. Ash led the clapping, admiring Bonnie's careful yet enthusiastic steps near the flames. "She's doing great!" Misty raved as she watched the performance unfold.

"Well, Mr. Hamada remembered Bonnie loves to dance, and figured that would help her learn to dodge and move quickly, so he added in some dance training." Clemont explained, applauding as Bonnie struck a triumphant pose over the guitar's last chord.

"Know any good ghost stories, big bro?" Bonnie asked as she collapsed on a rock, exhausted from her enthusiastic dance.

"Here's one for you..." Brock suggested over an ominous chord. "In the mountains and the forests of this area, grandparents warn their grandchildren to beware of kama itachi, or "sickle weasels." These itachi have learned to ride the swirling whirlwinds of this region like we would ride Ponytas. They have claws that are as strong as steel and as sharp as razors. Their fur is spiny like Shaymin, and they bark like a Growlithe--and that's if they make a sound at all. They move so quickly that they are invisible to the naked eye, and they come...and...go...with the wind...."

"Brock? Everything okay?" Serena asked, concerned before she too felt wind rippling her shirt. "That's funny...this breeze feels a little off..."

The group watched in awe as Jade Sickle materialized before then. "Surprise! Betcha didn't know sickle weasels were real, didja?" he smirked.

"You don't look like a sickle weasel to me!" Bonnie shot back. "You look more like a tanooki to me!"

"Oooh...I am NOT a tanooki!" Jade Sickle retorted. "I am a 100% genuine sickle weasel!"

"No you're not!" Bonnie cried.

"Am too!" Jade Sickle replied.

"Are not!"

"Am too!"

"Are not!"

"Am too!"

"Are not!"

"Am too!"

"While Bonnie's busy distracting the...sickle weasel-that's-really-a-tanooki..." Clemont whispered. "Maybe you guys should transform."

"Good idea..." Ash replied before nearly whispering Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul..., creating a burst of fire and rubies that lit up the sky.

"What the?" Jade Sickle gasped, but went tumbling down the hill as Bonnie kicked him in the stomach. "Why you..." he grumbled as he got up. "Fine...if you wanna play rough, I can bring out the big guns!" he sneered, making a V slash in the air with his claws, summoning a sleek bird creature made of gold fire as he disappeared in his whirlwind.

"I'll get Bonnie to safety!" Clemont volunteered as he led Bonnie back to the main tent. "Go, Celestial V!"

Inside the fiery cocoon, two heavily armored deep red leg plates appeared on Ash in a shower of rubies. Two armplates and gloves came next in another ruby explosion. A red chestplate was next, with a glowing ruby in the center, and a helmet with a ruby in the center rolled up with a swish, replacing his humble baseball cap. "Fire Ruby, burn!" he called to no one in particular as he landed before the glowing red and gold bird.

The firebird spewed a line of flames at Ash, but the protective aura around him absorbed it all. "I'm gonna need more help than this..." he stammered as he jumped away from the firebird's talons.

Rou iitsa ron selga vichii... Misty sang, creating a burst of waves and icy crystals that embraced her like a warm blanket. The armplates came first, then the chestplate appeared in an icy explosion, complete with a glowing sapphire in the center. After the royal blue legplates formed, Misty proceeded to perform a few karate kicks, as if challenging the sleek glowing bird.

A high pitched A note signaling that a small tiara that was part of Icy Sapphire's helmet was forming got Ash's attention. "Icy Sapphire, freeze!" Misty announced, silently daring the phoenix-like bird to attack her.

Ash heaved a relieved sigh. "I could use some defense..."

"You got it! Water Guard! Misty commanded, reflecting the firebird's attack off of Ash and back on itself.

Back in the tent, Brock was comforting a teary eyed Bonnie. "I know you didn't expect a monster to ruin our campout, but that's just part of being a Jewel Suit user--you always have to be ready no matter when and where evil shows up."

After offering Clemont the box of Kleenexes, he departed. "Wait here...and don't come out until one of us says the coast is clear, okay?

"Okay..." Bonnie sniffled as Clemont held her close.

Brock emerged from the tent in time to watch Ash attempt to attack the firebird with defense from Misty. I have to defeat this fiend, and make that tanooki pay for making Bonnie cry!

Seios, higarima laisido... Serena sang before a burst of yellow light lit up the sky. Inside the cocoon of yellow light, Serena's legplates came first--first the left leg, then the right. Next came the armplates in explosions of yellow diamonds, with the right armplate holding a small projectile weapon that looked similar to a Fennekin tail. A stream of light wrapped around her body and became the chestplate, complete with a yellow diamond in the center, followed by a rain of light wrapping around her head and becoming the suit's helmet. "Shine Diamond, sparkle!"

"We are the Glittering Celestial V!" Serena challenged the firebird monster. "Our rainbow light pierces the darkness!"

Misty expanded the Water Guard to protect the others, then blasted an icy fog at the firebird. "Billowing Crystal!"

"Watch out!" Brock called as he saw the firebird's massive wing attempt to whack Misty away, but Misty rolled away, making the hard attack miss.

"Thank you, Billowing Crystal!" Ash grinned. "New power?"

"Yeah...learned it thanks to our training session in the Nameless Cavern." Misty replied before summoning the Aurora Bow and readying an arrow.

"Prism Shot!" A flurry of prism shards went flying at the confused firebird, only to get hammered by a stream of raindrops as Serena kept rapidfiring the Fox Tail.

"Blizzard Arrow!" Misty fired her shot, freezing the firebird solid. "Who wants to finish this thing?"

"I do!" Brock volunteered before punching the ground. "Golem Fist!"

Ash watched as the resulting stalagmite impaled the frozen firebird, making it disappear in a swatch of fire. Once sure no other monsters or foes were in the area, he called towards the tent "Okay! the coast is clear!"

Bonnie came running from the tent moments later. "Yay! You beat the monster!" she smiled before hugging Ash. "Although, I wish I could've helped you fight...."

"Don't worry, sis--you'll get a chance to fight some monsters one day." Clemont assured Bonnie.

"How bout it, Brock? Another song?" May smiled as the suits disappeared off of the group.

"Sure...and I'll let Bonnie pick it as thanks for that dance from before." Brock grinned as he returned to the campfire and his waiting guitar, which was miraculously unharmed.

Bonnie thought a moment. "'Yellow Submarine'!"

"All right..." With that, Brock started the familiar song, blissfully unaware of the silvery humanoid flying over the mountains. In the town, where I was born, lived a man who sailed to sea...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Back