• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Metal and Rock Music Fan Club

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
  • The Metal and Rock Music Fan Club
    Owner: UndertakerFreak1127

\m/ INTRODUCTION \m/

This is a club for fans of all genres of rock and metal music. No matter what genre you consider your favorite, if you're a fan, you are welcome to discuss it here. From The Black Keys to Black Sabbath, from emo to death metal, from grunge to post-grunge and EVERYTHING in-between - this is a place for metalheads and rockers to unite and revel in the greatness that is the expansive world of metal and rock.​

\m/ RULES \m/

The rules are pretty simple:

1. This topic covers a vast array of genres, and tempers will no doubt flare, but always remember to respect the opinions of others. If someone happens to actually enjoy Nickelback, don't flame them from here to eternity.
    2. Skimp on the tangents. If the topic is about Metallica, don't come in and start talking about the bunions on your feet. Stay on topic.
    3. Obviously, the rules of this website overall apply here.
    4. BANG YOUR HEAD! Long hair is not a requirement, but it helps.
    5. If you don't like a certain genre or band someone is discussing, don't just say "HUR THEY SUCK" - be mature and provide reasoning as to why you don't enjoy them.​

\m/ OPENING TOPIC \m/

What's your favorite band and genre, and what got you into metal/rock in the first place?​

\m/ MEMBERS \m/

UndertakerFreak1127 (owner)
    Cadance
    Selly Jr
    Endless
    ZoruaAndAbsol
    CarcharOdin
    LightningAlex
    QuilavaKing
    Ghost Lunis

Questions? Feel free to PM me or leave a message on my profile. Also, feel free to promote the club to other potential metalheads by linking to this board in your signature. It would be greatly appreciated \m/

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This is AWESOMENESS. Consider me as a member. Oh, and APPROVED. :)

Been a fan of rock pretty much all my life! Listened to the likes of KISS (saw them in concert TWICE, and might consider going to see them in Las Vegas in November <3) Depeche Mode, Poison, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Guns & Roses, and...aaaah, many many others. xD But those that I mentioned are my top bands. I grew up with Rock because of my dad, as he's a bigger fan. I've been through many rock-history lessons that eventually led me to becoming a loyal fan to these amazing bands.

Years
  • Sweet!

Well, I was never really a fan of any music at all until I was 15 (outside of playing games over and over so I can hear the soundtracks over and over again that is...) and my friend just said he had gotten 100% on some guitar game, I was like 'huh?' then he sent me a link to the song with the gameplay.

That song was Panic Attack by Dream Theater (who still remain as one of my favorite bands), A progressive metal band, and I pretty much loved every song I heard from them at the time.

Fast forward 8 years to today, and I pretty much almost exclusively listen to Metal and game soundtracks.
    My favourite sub-genre is Atmospheric Black Metal, I am also a fan of Funeral Doom and Melodic Death Metal as well. Just can't stop listening to the stuff!

Some of my favorite bands right now are Alrakis, Elderwind, Lustre, Altar of Plagues, Caladan Brood and Urna. I could go on for hours...

TL;DR Topic answer : Friend showed me a song through a video game, 8 years later, be a full blown metalhead.

Have a picture i found :D
    11af63287a.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What's your favorite band and genre, and what got you into metal/rock in the first place?
    As a kid, I honestly despised metal, and would refuse to listen to them regardless of how tough you'd ask; they just didn't suit me, unfortunately. Years later, my friend randomly gave me some link to a YouTube video, which, of course, was a metal song (I think it was Vodka by Korpiklaani, if I remember correctly, which, right now, is one of my favorite bands), and my opinion on this genre eventually started to change; soon, I fell in love.

Bands--there's a lot that I like. For one, In Flames--in my opinion, their music are simply marvelous, and every time I listen, they never cease to lift my mood. From them, my most favorite song would be Colony, with Take This Life being close to second. Third would be Cloud Connected.

Few of my other favorite bands are Motorhead, Slipknot, Pantera, Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, and Lamb of God.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • First of all, thanks to Cadance for putting up with my horse♥♥♥♥ and helping me get this thing moving.

What's your favorite band and genre, and what got you into metal/rock in the first place?

I was having pop and soft rock pumped into my ears from birth. My dad listened to classic rock every now and then, but I was born in 1990, so the boy band and bubblegum pop craze was a huge part of my upbringing. I didn't start getting into rock music until I was 13. Yahoo Messenger had this radio thing called Launchcast, and I randomly clicked "rock" one day. Cold by Crossfade came on, and I absolutely loved it. Then Smile Empty Soul came on, then some other band, and I had to find more. Kazaa was the filesharing site back then, so I searched them and a bunch of other stuff. By the end of the week, I was a Metallica and Green Day fan. Not a bad start for someone who just a few weeks earlier was singing along to Britney Spears.

This is where music became an obsession with me: in about 2004, I discovered Rock Countdown on MTV2. Each week, they counted down the top 25 rock music videos as voted by fans. There, I discovered a TON of bands, including Chevelle, a band I love almost more than life itself.

If not for Launchcast and Rock Countdown, I'd probably like and listen to the crap they pass off as music in the top 40 these days.

As for my favorite genres, I'm a massive grunge fan, first, foremost and always. I like alternative metal, thrash metal, and just straight up hard rock. I have a deep love for emo as well, and I'm talking the emo from the 90s, before the genre was turned into a laughingstock by the depressed guys in girl pants and eyeliner with whiny screams and ridiculous lyrics.

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022

Back when I was like 4 or 5, my dad always played the local rock station on the radio. It was the "Enter Sandman" song by Metallica that sparked my interest. I always used to mumbled the words to every rock song that came on (cause I didn't actually know the words). Fast forward a couple years, and I was a big Metallica fanatic. I knew every single word to their song "One". I headbanged everyday. A couple more years, I was in my room playing Guitar Hero. I completed them all on expert mode. Today my favorite band is still Metallica, my fave genre of rock is all of them, and I still play Guitar Hero. And i love Rocksmith and BandFuse

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • I just have a very thrash mentality toward it. All the makeup and glitter and pageantry... it just seemed to me like a bunch of semi-talented guys wanting a quick way to get laid.

Back when I was like 4 or 5, my dad always played the local rock station on the radio. It was the "Enter Sandman" song by Metallica that sparked my interest. I always used to mumbled the words to every rock song that came on (cause I didn't actually know the words). Fast forward a couple years, and I was a big Metallica fanatic. I knew every single word to their song "One". I headbanged everyday. A couple more years, I was in my room playing Guitar Hero. I completed them all on expert mode. Today my favorite band is still Metallica, my fave genre of rock is all of them, and I still play Guitar Hero. And i love Rocksmith and BandFuse

METALLICA! Yes. I know WAY too much about that band than I'd like to admit. Lars is the worst drummer alive, though.

I can't honestly say, don't think I';ve heard anything from those bands.

I just have a very thrash mentality toward it. All the makeup and glitter and pageantry... it just seemed to me like a bunch of semi-talented guys wanting a quick way to get laid.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    METALLICA! Yes. I know WAY too much about that band than I'd like to admit. Lars is the worst drummer alive, though.

I just have a very thrash mentality toward it. All the makeup and glitter and pageantry... it just seemed to me like a bunch of semi-talented guys wanting a quick way to get laid.

I thought I was the only one who hated Lars. It sucks that he now owns the band.

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    No way dude, a TON of people hate Lars. I hate his drumming. It's just lazy and uninspired.

Remember that one time the band like a position swap? Kirk Hammet was the bassist, James Hetfield was the drummer, Can't remember which basist was guitarist, and Lars was blasting vocals? James was better drumming but lars sucked singin

Sir Codin

No way dude, a TON of people hate Lars. I hate his drumming. It's just lazy and uninspired.
    I don't know, sometimes it just fits with what they're doing. I just can't imagine Master of Puppets with a different drumming style.

Anyway, wanted a club like this for a while. I want to join, but I'll post more later, I got stuff to do.

For starters, I listen to Sepultura the most these days. Both Max and Derrick stuff. Love it.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • I don't know, sometimes it just fits with what they're doing. I just can't imagine Master of Puppets with a different drumming style.

Anyway, wanted a club like this for a while. I want to join, but I'll post more later, I got stuff to do.

For starters, I listen to Sepultura the most these days. Both Max and Derrick stuff. Love it.

I mean he was a good drummer for a while, but he just flails around live these days. He can't stand to NOT be doing some random fill.

Years
  • I remember seeing a video of a Dream Theater Gig where Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci (aka Guitar God) swapped over, so John was just hitting a few cymbals and stuff, then Mike was like 'don't mind me, gonna play Eruption'.

on the subject of Lars, when the drummer left Dream Theater, Lars apparently auditioned for Dream Theater and got rejected, I wonder why...

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Oh yeah, me too! I want to be a member of the headbangers! Although I don't have long hair, I'm actually... bald. Genetics suck.....

My favorite band is Iron Maiden, and I could write out essays about why they're my favorite band, but I don't want to go off-topic.

On the topic of Lars, I'm pretty sure the Dream Theater audition is a hoax. He never did it. That's what I've heard, at least.

Years
  • Yeah, thats why I said 'apparently'.

I don't gave long hair either, I was growing it then I was told I'll be bald by the time I'm 28 ._.

Every time someone mentions Iron Maiden, I get the intro from Fear of the Dark in my head. If i wasnt working a few weekends ago I could have seen them live ;_;

Back