• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
  • CALLING ALL EMERALD MAPPERS!
    Need assistance with mapping Pokemon Azure. If you'd like to help, please go to the Azure thread(in my sig)and contact me there.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • yo guys can someone help me i'm making a hack then i placed a bridge in viridian city then the bridge changes color after you head to route2 and the old man with the teachy TV dosen't stop you from passing on the next route how can i fix it?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I need help with mapping what an inside world of a PokeBall would look like.

Strdstwanderer

Years
  • yo guys can someone help me i'm making a hack then i placed a bridge in viridian city then the bridge changes color after you head to route2 and the old man with the teachy TV dosen't stop you from passing on the next route how can i fix it?

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • How can I create a map that will be completely independent, as in A-map I create a map, do all the details, then insert it and it almost always falls under the first header, and then if I try to change its header, the entire group changes, how would I fix this?

Strdstwanderer

Years

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    I have 2 questions:
    1.How do i add in different tile sets?For example,i want to get some tile sets from ruby and use it in my fire red hack.Is this at all possible?

2.Im doing a hack of fire red,and i would like to use certain tile sets from one city(eg cerulean) and place them in another city(eg saffron)
    I already know about switching the tile sets but when i do so,the other tiles that are currently in the map get messed up

THXS FOR YOUR HELP
    ~lord_kratos~

Zack89026

Owner of Pokemon Penguin
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I need help, when I use Advanced Map, I do everything i want to do to my pokemon ruby rom and hacking the map and stuff but I dont understand how am i supposed to play my hack? i open the file on visual boy Advance but all I see is a white screenwhen i load the rom how do i fix this?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    i have scripting problems
    i use pokescript and i followed the tutorials, but as i said in the description for my plans of a hack, if i got a new (or old) person a script done by myself, the rom crashes or i just have a little textbox in topleftcorner without text...
    can someone help me?

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
    Years
  • I need help for a firered hack I'm making called pokemon: Tower of Doom, the problem is that I modified the pokecenter in route 4 and now whenever you enter a pokecenter or faint, the screen goes black and you can't move. Also I edited a house in pewter city and now when I go there, you cannot exit (The warps are fine)

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I need help for a firered hack I'm making called pokemon: Tower of Doom, the problem is that I modified the pokecenter in route 4 and now whenever you enter a pokecenter or faint, the screen goes black and you can't move. Please help.

You must of changed the warp, it has to go to the right map, it should say on the side what warp number your going to, (go to the map its warping to and check if they match) the map bank and level (it should say on the side of the map what bank and level it is, example: 3.12)

It would be a bit better if you could explain it a bit more to us.

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
    Years
  • You must of changed the warp, it has to go to the right map, it should say on the side what warp number your going to, (go to the map its warping to and check if they match) the map bank and level (it should say on the side of the map what bank and level it is, example: 3.12)

It would be a bit better if you could explain it a bit more to us.

Thanks a lot but I fixed it already lol!
    the only thing now it's the problem with a pewter house (the one wich has a nidoran)
    It was fine, but then the warps stopped working, that happened when I change another house in pewter, and now you can't exit the house.
    I call it the house of no return xD. But if it can't be fixed I think I'll just put something else there. Sorry if my English is bad... But if you don't understand me I'll put a picture of it tomorrow (It's late here).

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    Map name change...

i searched a lot, but still can´t find a way to change the name of my map.
    if i create a new map and insert it into my rom it´s allways called ALABASTIA (I´m working at a german hack)...
    I´m also not able to click the insert new name button... can someone please tell me why? and how i change the name?
    pm would be very nice or just answer it here
    thanks

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • i searched a lot, but still can´t find a way to change the name of my map.
    if i create a new map and insert it into my rom it´s allways called ALABASTIA (I´m working at a german hack)...
    I´m also not able to click the insert new name button... can someone please tell me why? and how i change the name?
    pm would be very nice or just answer it here
    thanks

If you insert maps it takes the name of the bank, for example.

If you inserted a map in the Pallet Town bank all maps will be called Pallet town, you can't change the name of one map in this bank because it will change all of them.

But if you do want to change the names just go header view, change the text box on the right side and click change name.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    hey, thanks for the replies so far =)
    but, I put my maps into my own header, its header 43 (on mapbank 43,the first new one in fire red.)
    it works, that if i call them route XXX the whole header is called route XXX but Alabastia (or pallettown) is now also called route XXX.... that sucks XD
    isn´t there a way for calling the one thing route XXX which was pallettown befor and the pallettown to stay pallettown??

edit: it also doescn´t work if i create a new header, which would be 44 in my case and ad a map, without opening a map befor...
    i mean by just clicking the new map button and inserting it into my new bank and the new header... that sucks.... can someone explain how to change that??? please??

edit: it also doescn´t work if i create a new header, which would be 44 in my case and ad a map, without opening a map befor...
    i mean by just clicking the new map button and inserting it into my new bank and the new header... that sucks.... can someone explain how to change that??? please??

Last edited:

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
    Years
  • Hey guys, I was remapping a route, and when i run from a wild poke after a battle, i change sprites and become the lass at the bottom of the screen. it only happens near her, im thinking somethings wrong with her. also, when i become her, my movements are limited, and i can only move to a couple tiles next to the lass. thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back