• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Have you ever discovered a new album just because of cool album art?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I do this all the time. See some cool album art, listen to a song or two, and if it's interesting, add it to my "to buy" list. That's how I discover new music.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I do this a lot lol. I'll buy random CDs at Target or download albums on Spotify if the album art looks nice. Can't think of anything off the top of my head that I fell head over heels for, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    These days I discover music through suggestions from friends or through Spotify's randomized lists for me (Discovery Weekly etc). Cover art seldom has anything to do with it, and I'm not sure it ever has.

Years
  • I definitely give more of a chance to something with a good cover and less to music with bad art. Sometimes you can judge what's inside (figuratively speaking) by the outside. It gives you a little hint of the taste of the people making the music. Nothing comes to mind of course.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Tons hahaha. That's how I discovered my favorite metal band (Paradise Lost).

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2019
    Yes I have! When I was 15, I found a used CD with lots of orange on its cover art while traveling in Rome. I picked it up hoping for some bright, bubbly music, but it turned out to be a Tinkara Kovac album. Fifteen year old me made a great decision, even though it was more singer-songwriter tinged-pop rock than straight up pop.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • That's how I discovered the band In Flames (aside from their song Take This Life being on guitar hero 3). I saw the album cover for A Sense of Purpose and thought it was amazing so I listened to the album. Still like my second favorite album of all time (Only thing ahead of it is That's the Spirit by Bring me the Horizon).
    220px-ASenseOfPurposeCover.jpg

Back