• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Journey to the Unknown!" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the many facets of the Solaceon Ruins in "Journey to the Unknown!"

My review to come forthwith.

Edit: silly title confusion. Heh.

Last edited:

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • Wow first to comment lol. Anyway:

- Kenny's back!! With his trademark name for Dawn: D.D
    - Hehe Dawn's face
    - Aipom looked great in this episode, after it was to showcase Aipom and its new evolved form.
    - Ambipom is so cute! Throught I like its Jap. voice better, same with Piplup.
    - Bet Ash wishs he still had his Aipom now! XD
    - Team Galactic makes a slightly full appearance!!
    - Wait...? Is Saturn a guy or a girl? o.o The voice in the dub makes sound like a guy but omg I can't tell.
    - Anyone else notice that Saturn uses those plate items you get as items in the DP games?
    - We haven't seen Unown since the "Address Unown" episode way back in Johto
    - Bronzor <3
    - Can't wait for Turtwig to learn Energy Ball, it will so rock :P

Awesome episode, it was really meant to have Team Galatic make a more better appearence compared to their last mintue intro in the Secret Sphere of Influence episode. Next was for Turtwig to learn Energy Ball, and last but not least this episode was to showcase Aipom, Double Hit, and its evolved form, Ambipom. Now Dawn has a powerhouse! Way to go Aipom! I mean Ambipom!

Episode Rating 9.5

(Team Galatic could have done abit more)

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • The only thing bad I found about this episode: When I heard Ambipom's dub voice, I went headdesking 3691565897534 times. ._.

Sounds like a clown who has a cold and trying to be funny to be honest. That is how bad it is.

Daisuke33 said:
    Wait...? Is Saturn a guy or a girl? o.o The voice in the dub makes sound like a guy but omg I can't tell.
    Saturn is a guy.

Yay for Galactic appearance (still not a proper debut for them by any means, and that cameo was sucky), lots of great CGI in this episode, and I thought that Energy Ball looked fantastic, especially with that implosion at the end of it. =D

Oh, and Aipom was totally awesome in this episode. No doubt that she was the main star of this episode, especially with stopping the Unown with Piplup. The long-awaited evolution came, but guess what?

Spoiler:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yay Daisuke! That's the way I like to review, too XD I thought this was a really cool episode. But apparently, in the Japanese version, Team Rocket didn't call the Team Galectic

- LMAO Dawn pulling Ash's face
    - At the end of the Kenny Ash battle, Pikachu sounded weird. But I think it was the VA rather than DuArt o.O
    - Ambipom's voice is HORRIBLE.
    What!? Aipom's voice is evolving! Congratulations! Aipom's Japanese voice evolved into a dub voice!
    ...*cries* Where's the B button!?
    - I thought this was a really good episode! It was really cool to see Team Galectic at last!
    - I counted 7 original BGM this episode, I could be wrong since the people at bmgf say 5. Maybe they were particuarly good PUSA tracks...?

- Kenny: A coin toss application?
    lol I always just say "app"

Oh yeah, I thought the CGI when Dawn was running up the stairs was cool, but I'm not sure if it really was because the video I saw was low quality. When I first watched the 9th movie I thought the CGI was cool, but then I watched it on DVD *shivers*

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • - Ambipom's voice is HORRIBLE.
    What!? Aipom's voice is evolving! Congratulations! Aipom's Japanese voice evolved into a dub voice!
    ...*cries* Where's the B button!?
    Jorah, you are made of win for this comment. You win 54448456784 Internets. May I have permission to sig it? XD

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Yeah, go ahead! Thank you! XD That's made me really happy now haha
    Thanks! =D

And by the way, the majority of people seem to think Ambipom's dub voice is horrible. That is not to say that the voice does not have people who are fine with it. I've seen at least three people saying they were okay with it.

Years
  • - I thought this was a really good episode! It was really cool to see Team Galectic at last!

You mean recently, or at all? Don't forget their initial cameo in "Secret Sphere of Influence."

As for Saturn being a boy or a girl, actually, I forget which one for the Japanese voice actor, and I haven't heard the audio, so, yeah. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Charaxes, you got the title wrong. The episode itself listed it as "Journey to the Unknown!"

EDIT: He already logged off... Alright, then I'll move on to the episode:

First of all, we finally get to see Team Galactic for more than just an epilogue cliffhanger. I was surprised to see the Plates coming into the picture, but what really surprised me...was how that design on the floor seemed to include part of Arceus' "ring" along with the emblems of Dialga & Palkia. A nice bit of foreshadowing, even if involving a Pokemon that has yet to be officially introduced in any way. We also are beginning to lead to the climax, and it looks like the Red Chain is going to be ignored, instead including the Adamant & Lustrous Orbs ala ADV.

The actual struggle of the episode is reminiscent of some earlier episodes, like the Battle Pyramid, considering the running around through a maze. I have to also admit, the CGI effects were VERY impressive for this episode. The Unown attacking was a bit out there, though, even if it's nice to consider that Team Galactic pulled off their first "attack" of the show...technically.

On a negative note, notice this was one of the rare episodes that did NOT feature Team Rocket's motto in any way, shape, or form. Also, I think there was a bit more fanservice than usual in the episode......

Also, I actually liked Ambipom's dub voice. I guess that makes me the odd one out.

Expect more later.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • *hugs Ichi!!!!* Long time no see!!! Teeheehee

Finally I get to see a new pokemon episode. DVR been a bad boy for the last few weeks. Teeheehee

First thing that is on my mind right now. That voice! Okies. I am okies with Ambipom even though I don't think it is very cute or anything. Still that voice!!! Su!! It doesn't sound as cute as Aipom's was!!! SU!!!! I really hope that this is one of those things tha sound cute as the show goes on but really it doesn't sound so appealing right now.

OH SO DIDN'T NOTICE THAT! No Rocket Motto! Oh wow!!!

Still this was a great episode. I mean everything else in this episode went on nicely and even have the group split up for a little bit. It was nice to see that somebody was getting freak out by what was going on which was Kenny. I mean I would be surprise to see Ash and Brock being afraid but really I think by now they are use to Unowns and strange things. Teeheehee

Still this ending got me really going. It seems like there may be a Team Rocket and Team Galatic faceoff one day. Maybe! But still by the looks of it. It seems like Team Rocket got really upset by this and wants revenage. Teeheehee I really hope that by the end of this saga we get some sort of faceoff. Teeheehee That would be coolies. Still it seems like this episode did a lot of set up for future events.

Still what was that little box that Saturn had?

Did anybody here think that the Happiny appearance was just for show? To remind us that Happiny is there? Su. Poor Happiny but she is SO CUTE!!! Teeheehee

Years
  • Charaxes, you got the title wrong. The episode itself listed it as "Journey to the Unknown!"

EDIT: He already logged off... Alright, then I'll move on to the episode.

Well, Serebii.net had "Unown," and Bulbapedia had "unknown." Given how PUSA often employs Pokemon in the titles, I decided to go with the former.

And that's why God has an edit button. Must I employ Dawn's "No need to worry"? Heh.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    You mean recently, or at all? Don't forget their initial cameo in "Secret Sphere of Influence."

Hmm I must have accidently cut the comment about their cameo. I meant seeing them *properly* rather than 5 seconds

On a negative note, notice this was one of the rare episodes that did NOT feature Team Rocket's motto in any way, shape, or form.

I didn't notice! But wait, how's that negative? I really love their Sinnoh motto, I like it much more than the original (the music is so much better than both the original and updated Hoenn theme), but I don't think anyone can ever say it's a negative thing that they didn't say their motto haha.

And that's why God has an edit button.

XD

Years
  • Hmm I must have accidently cut the comment about their cameo. I meant seeing them *properly* rather than 5 seconds.

I didn't notice! But wait, how's that negative? I really love their Sinnoh motto, I like it much more than the original (the music is so much better than both the original and updated Hoenn theme), but I don't think anyone can ever say it's a negative thing that they didn't say their motto haha.

No worries, as I was just wondering. As frankly, the group has been "blink and you miss it," but that will change sooner.

Negative-wise, well, people do look forward to the motto -- a staple of just about every episode. As such, the omission can make the episode weaker/somewhat hollow. But, I'm just speculating, here. Heh.

Then again, I don't mind the change of pace, as we've heard the motto plenty. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Still what was that little box that Saturn had?

Probably the Adamant Orb they were trying to steal in the first place.

*shrug* Dunno. I only said that for Charaxes' sake.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Did anyone else notice that Pochama's voice was in this (not supposed to happen, but it did), at around half-way through the episode (where Piplup was being pulled up by Aipom)? It's kinda funny.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I like... never post here in Pokémon TV Show and Movies, so here goes nothing! :D Kinda late too. XD

Okay, the statues of Dialga and Palkia were interesting to see first off, I just thought they looked cool. On Saturn's gender, yeah, I had no idea at first too, Daisuke. So, it's a he after all... Well, those eyes aren't really manly. XD Breloom was simply awesome, along with Energy Ball. Seeing all those Unown furious was intimidating, seriously, soup letters with red lasers? How much better can it get?

Those voices were... eh. (Ambipom) I'm sorry, but did not like. ;/ I thought it was nice to see an evolution, though Ambipom was pretty ridiculous. XD I thought it was at least better then the game though.

Overall, it was a great episode, I liked it. :D

Off note: You know, for someone who rarely, if ever, comes here. You guys really made me laugh. XD Where's the B button? Nice one, Jorah. * Hi fives*

Back