• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iTunes is coming to the Windows Store

Years
  • https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/115846/apple-bringing-itunes-windows-store

iTunes is already available on Windows as a desktop application, but the fact that Apple is now making a Windows Store app is what shocks me here.

I wonder what features the Windows Store app would have; would it be fully-capable of doing what the desktop program does? Hopefully the performance is superior in comparison to the desktop version as well.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Genuine question: given that there's already a standalone version, what is the significance of this? I strongly doubt that there'll be any extra features in it given that the current iTunes for Windows is essentially a clone of the macOS version (albeit, a bit slower) so I don't get why they're making another one.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Genuine question: given that there's already a standalone version, what is the significance of this? I strongly doubt that there'll be any extra features in it given that the current iTunes for Windows is essentially a clone of the macOS version (albeit, a bit slower) so I don't get why they're making another one.

Windows 10S

If it takes off it would make sense for Apple to make sure iTunes is always available.

Years
  • The desktop app was a catastrophe when I installed it. Sure hope that with Microsoft's Store guidelines, it would be better and faster. On a slightly-unrelated note, I heard that Spotify is also coming to the Store.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Yay? I mean I don'tuse iTunes, but I suppose this'll be good news for those that do. ...Can't even remember the last time I looked at Windows app store was either...

Back