• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Page links suggestions

bobandbill

one more time
Years
- The numbering on pages loads the first four pages, and the next/previous/first/last page buttons after. Could the others be loaded in first?

- Why is the default numbers a few either side of the current page? I prefer other sites displaying the number of the last page as well, rather than just the >>| button serving as that. Otherwise I don't know until I navigate to that page how many the thread actually has. Flair template thread on first page for instance at a glance indicated to me that there are four pages, rather than 9. Hovering over the last page button just tells me the number of posts as well - wouldn't the page number be more 'useful' information than 'Results 201 to 202 of 202'? I think in page numbers more than post number.

- (more minor) On the section page, e.g. flair template thread here with the link saying (9 pages), said link should imo take you to the top of the last page, rather than the last post.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
- The numbering on pages loads the first four pages, and the next/previous/first/last page buttons after. Could the others be loaded in first?
If by "after" you mean it takes a little longer to load the icons, that can't be helped. FontAwesome graphics are hosted offsite and naturally have to be downloaded by the browser before they can display, compared to text (the numbers) which loads instantly.

- Why is the default numbers a few either side of the current page? I prefer other sites displaying the number of the last page as well, rather than just the >>| button serving as that. Otherwise I don't know until I navigate to that page how many the thread actually has. Flair template thread on first page for instance at a glance indicated to me that there are four pages, rather than 9. Hovering over the last page button just tells me the number of posts as well - wouldn't the page number be more 'useful' information than 'Results 201 to 202 of 202'? I think in page numbers more than post number.
Fair enough. Will discuss some design changes with the team.

- (more minor) On the section page, e.g. flair template thread here with the link saying (9 pages), said link should imo take you to the top of the last page, rather than the last post.
Sounds good.

Back