• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Mega Steelix?

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    steelix-mega.gif

Im wanting to make a competitive steelix, but i want to know a good setup that doesnt have a jolly nature. Im not good at things like this so i need help. It will have 5 perfect IVs (maybe 6 if im lucky). But i need a nature, ability, and moveset.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    When in doubt I use Smogon to get me started and go from there. This is their current set for SM:

Steelix @ Steelixite
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Heavy Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic

Makes sense not to invest in defense EVs since its natural defense is overkill. Max HP so it can take those physical hits with ease. Stealth rock for standard hazards, toxic for stalling, heavy slam because he's heavy AF and Earthquake for good STAB.

Feel free to change things around for whatever fits your team's needs better. But focusing on his special defense and being a staller while hitting well is a perfect role for it.

Last edited:
    Back