• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] What Pokémon would your character be?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
  • Fairy, cute, small, likes plants...

Following on the latest Talk thread about giving all of your characters a Final Fantasy job or something like that, here's a similar topic that attempts to make Roleplaying and Character Design meet with the entire website is basically for, Rom Hacking Pokémon!

Again, no need to think about this too much- just think about what Pokémon your character would be. Or want to be. Even if you played them outside of a setting where Pokémon exist! I'm sure this could lead to some fun associations :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I vaguely remember having this conversation in Spear chat a while back and while the exact species wasn't settled on, I think people pretty unanimously agreed Catherine would be something Water/Poison or maybe Water/Dark. Maybe Qwilfish?

Prim would without any doubt be an Altaria. She's cute, she's got the correct colour scheme and she will absolutely fuck a bitch up.

Milo would be a Yamper. He's just a good boy that works too hard.

I'll come back and do TTRPG characters later lmao
    I think they're going to be harder.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Prim would without any doubt be an Altaria. She's cute, she's got the correct colour scheme and she will absolutely fuck a bitch up.

And that is why Pia's swablu was named Prim x'D

As for my own. I'll use DnD characters too I guess but as GP mentioned, they're a bit harder.

I think we settled upon a Pokémon that would fit Pia but I can't remember what it was except for Pheromosa I don't like the Ultra beasts though lmao . But I also started thinking of Tsareena now... which is absolutely hilarious because Ruben's starter was a Bounsweet.

Faye would either be Minccino because of her quiet as a mouse nature and colour scheme. I think Bisharp also came up because she often fights with daggers and Bisharp has a quiet serious look.

I brought the question of "what pokémon would our characters be?" in the Altoir westmarches campaign and Nagi came with a good shout. Nyria would be the Pirouette Forme of Meloetta while her twin sister Nereid would be the Aria forme. It's oddly perfect seeing as they're twins, Nyria is a Monk that fights with her fists and Nereid is an Astrologian who predicts futures etc. and has a level of wizard. So the fighting and psychic types of this pokémon is perfect.

I'll get back on this with other characters too. I've got three more I need to do c:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    YEA RIGHT I FORGOT POSTING HERE LMFAOOOO IM SORRY

I gave all of my answers for the HS1 mains in the HS1 server already, but I'll elaborate more on them here.

Miranda would either be Mankey or Voltorb. I prefer Mankey, though, since it's also the pokémon I gave her for that exact same reason. As for what pokémon Miranda would like to be, I believe my answer was either Machamp or Golurk. Machamp because it's a super buff guy with four arms that punches everything and is super strong, and that's awesome. Golurk is a giant robot, I don't have to explain why she would love that.

Jordie was a bit more difficult to decide when I answered back then. They would really love being a shiny pokémon or a really strong pokémon. Shiny pokémon are rare and Jordie is really set on the idea that they are the big deal. If they think they would be a shiny pokémon, then the answer is shiny Vikavolt.
    Spoiler:

Another pokémon they would like to be is Pheromosa. Fancy looking, and strong, it's all Jo thinks they are, not to mention its speed also matches Jo's battlestyle based on speed control. It's another perfect match. And now I realized that I never decided what they would really be? They would probably be something like Ralts, still a beautiful pokémon, but not as strong as they think they are; always running away from problems and rarely warming up to someone, yet still with the potential to grow.

Maritza. I didn't answer for her in HS1 server, so I gotta think about this. She's a strange case because I really think she could be the pokémon she wants to be, that one being something from the Blipbug family, but at the same time, I could really see her as something like Flabébé. It's a really vulnerable pokémon without its flower, just like she is without her parasoul, and Maritza will have to deal with carrying it for her whole live, but just as it is with Jordie, Maritza has a lot to learn and growing up to do.

I'll come up with the Trainers characters later, because I have a bit of trouble coming up with something for Bruno really. So sorry for the possible double-post in advance.

Years
  • Gwen would be a Bagon because she dreams of growing up and becoming stronger but at the moment just isn't there yet and constantly falls on her head trying. She has a lot of Pokemon she'd want to be, anything powerful or rare, and to be honest I think if she was asked this same question she'd struggle with a specific answer as much as I currently am. But after awhile she'd give a cop-out answer like Ditto "Because it can be every Pokemon!"

June would be a Blipbug for the same reason she started out with one, because according to the Pokedex "A constant collector of information, this Pokémon is very smart. Very strong is what it isn't." "Strong" in this case refers to physical strength as opposed to battle capabilities because her spine would shatter if you pat her back too hard. A Pokemon she'd want to be is a bug-type that exudes beauty, like Leavanny or maybe Pheromosa. She'd like being a Vivillion as well because she likes the thought of having a unique wing pattern.

Years
  • So, as it turns out, recent discussions have given me answer for those TTRPG characters.

Elek is a Gunbreaker (from FFXIV 5e) with a build that is designed mostly for defence (for him and for others), but with the potential to do some damage with his gunblade. Blastoise seems like a good fit there since it's a turtle with cannons.

Iggy, from the Star Wars 5e campaign I'm in is a Magnaguard Droid which doesn't have much in the way of Pokemon counterparts lmao. But Golurk seems like a good fit since it's basically a robot, is primarily a melee fighter and I think in the lore is basically some kind of guardian.

Lastly... Jovian is hard but the closest I can get is Gallade. He's a Bladesinger Wizard so a Psychic/Fighting type with sword arms fits the mechanics. Hell, his "signature" method of combat is to use Shadow Blade and stab twice and that even does psychic damage. It doesn't really fit his vibe though since his first level is actually in rogue and his whole schtick is that he used to basically be a magic thief (granted, one with good intentions).

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Another quick list hopefully... except it's definitely going to be more than one Pokémon per character because I'm indecisive :')

• Arianne: one of the hardest to pick for me. I'd definitely lean towards a Water type like Buizel, Finneon, Mantine, Marill, Dewott... active, playful, but still giving off a different vibe than say, Fire types (coughCourtneycough). But then I remembered... Alolan Raichu. It's a very good fit, especially given Arianne's completely unintentional love for Electric types!
    • Courtney: I think I asked myself this question when picking her starter, because Magby is such a perfect fit! Torchic also vibes well though~
    • Serenity: Alolan Vulpix, clearly. She's probably that one Vulpix from that mission in the 2022 Valentine's day RP event...
    • Avril: Bayleef! A cute grass-type that stops people from fighting? Perfect choice :)
    • Hikaru: they give me strong Roserade vibes, but that's more like what they'd want to be probably. They're not quite there yet...
    • Kimberly: could be either Purrloin or Nickit~
    • Rayen: as much as Beedrill makes sense for her, Vespiquen works better if you consider her personality. She's a mix of the two bee Pokémon pretty much~
    • Rin: Snover! Some of those Pokédex descriptions are on point haha!
    • Helene: probably Steene/Tsareena (which is her only known Pokémon). Or Female Meowstic. Mostly for their personality, not for much else... oops!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • If I were to ever use Siorc in a Pokemon style RP, he'd be a Chikorita PokeMera (I have this Pokemon au world where there's Pokemon Chimeras instead of Mewtwo being born) & figured maybe Chikoria would fit him since Chikorita is a feminine Pokemon but is mostly male due to gender ratio.

I actually have some idea drafts for that, but I don't have time to be a GM for an rp.

Back