• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mozilla kills off Firefox OS project

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • I heard about it but never actually got the chance to see some screenshots or photos.
    I took a peek at the article you linked, what a shame... it was pretty nice on the GUI side!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The UI seems very android like, but sadly they didn't advertise so much so they shut down the project for good and limited distributions which only for touch interference devices instead of regular computer.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • I think the failure of firefox OS was mostly because it wasn't advertised, and nearly nobody knew it existed. This seems to be what happens to any alternative mobile OS: People don't know it exists and therefore it fails.

Back