• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ultra Moon] Pokemon Ultra Full Moon

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024

Pokemon Ultra Full Moon (UFM) is a ROM hack of Pokemon Ultra Moon (UM) v1.2, which aims to provide players with a complete single-player experience of the Alola Region.
This means every single Pokemon in the Alola Pokedex will be obtainable in-game, without any external aid. This hack also aims to offer a mild increase in difficulty for players, through better utilization of held items & trainer items alongside a more diverse moveset for in-game trainer battles.

Overall, these are the main features of this hack:
  • Every single Pokemon species registered in the Alola Pokedex can be obtained in-game, be it through wild encounters, evolution/breeding, gifts from NPCs, in-game trades, etc. This includes previously version exclusive Legendary & non-Legendary Pokemon, as well as event-only Pokemon.
  • Various edits to Pokemon's individual data are made to increase many species' viability to be used in battles.
  • Many wild Pokemon have increased chance to possess a held item.
  • Various edits to move data, item prices & effects (including BP costs for items & move tutoring).
  • PokeMart vendors & BP shops may sell different variety of items.
  • Changes to several species' evolution method, as well as removal of trade evolutions.
  • Eggs hatch a lot faster.
  • Minor changes regarding items obtainable through Pickup ability.
  • A few TMs and some move tutors will teach different moves. TM & move tutor compatibility with every obtainable Pokemon in this hack have been adjusted accordingly.
  • The entire game features an increased level curve compared to vanilla UM, including post-game content. No amount of excessive grinding is required. I've play-tested this with Exp. Share turned OFF.
  • A decent portion of NPC trainers received edits to their roster, to provide a slightly higher challenge. This includes ALL important trainer characters. They are provided with tailored movesets and better usage of held items & trainer-used items. The Pokemon they use remain largely similar to vanilla UM.
  • Totem Pokemon (and their allies) fought during trials received slight modifications.
  • Rotom Dex' "interrupting" dialogues are mostly streamlined/shortened. I mean, most of us here already know how to play Pokemon, right?
  • Removal of black outline for in-game character models.

Notes/Limitations:
  • There are no story/in-game event changes, since I have no knowledge on how to alter these aspects of the game.
  • Battle Tree & Battle Agency rosters are untouched as of now.
  • Some in-game texts (such as when receiving a gift Pokemon) may not be accurate, and I do not know how to fix this yet. Example: receiving Totem Sticker gift Pokemon does not display the correct species name, instead the game still displays the original Totem-sized Pokemon's species name.
  • Pokedex habitat data still only displays the area of wild Pokemon from vanilla UM. The edited encounters still work as intended, though.
  • Some Rotom Dex dialogue may have extra text characters for some reason, which may be due to opening the in-game text files through pk3ds. This occurs even though I did not even modify that segment of text at all while hacking. These are only cosmetic issues.

I do not make this a "catch 'em all"/National Dex hack since I feel that cramming all 807 Pokemon species (not counting alternate forms and regional variants) into a single region while balancing everything is beyond my current capabilities. It would make the hack feel too crowded.
The Alola 'Dex already features 400+ Pokemon, some with different forms, and that's not counting encounters from Ultra Space. I feel that this already features a decent amount of variety.
My aim in making this hack is to optimize the game as a single-player experience, while staying true to its roots as a gen 7 game. Besides, to my knowledge, there are other hacks that feature the National Dex in Alola already.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

In making this simple hack, I used the assistance of the following tools:
(credits goes to these tools' programmers/developers)
  • Hacking Toolkit 3DS - decompiling/recompiling dumped ROM files.
  • pk3ds - editing pretty much every change to the game data featured in this hack.
  • HxD - removal of black outline on character models.

With all that said, if you are interested, you are welcome to download the patch in the following link:
Spoiler:

* Ignore the version numbering, v1.04 is the first release, since I've done several additional edits while playtesting v1.0. The patch works on Pokemon Ultra Moon v1.2.

If you're interested in reading a more detailed changenote for this hack, check the following link:
Spoiler:

If you encounter any bugs/errors not yet listed above, feel free to report them. I will do my best to address them when I can. I hope you enjoy this hack.

P.S. Why no Ultra Sun hack? Because I don't have access & the time to hack that one yet, sorry.
P.P.S. I can't post links yet, so I apologize for the current formatting for this post. Remove the space on the links and paste them to your browser's address bar.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
are the elite four as tough as dio vento's hack where everyone is level 100 or are they more like drayano's Hacks where they have a slight level increase plz respond asap.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hey! Thanks a lot for this hack, i wanted to revisit alola and this is exactly what i was looking for

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 30, 2022
Hello, was checking out this mod and ive been unable to install it, is it not structured to work with citra? (Yes, my game version is 1.2)

Back