• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation VIII Pokemon Overworld Sprites

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    Hello there! Over the past few months, I've been hard at work making overworld sprites for all the new Pokemon and forms introduced in Sword and Shield in a semi-Gen 4 style ever since the first few Pokemon of Generation 8. At last, I have finished them all! Or so I thought until the new expansions for Sword and Shield were announced... Anyway, I have made sprites for nearly everything that has been added to the Pokedex excluding most of the Pokemon and forms revealed on January 9th's Pokemon Direct. In any case, I will continue to work to make sprites for these new Pokemon and in time will (actually) finally complete the Galar dex.
    For now, please enjoy and make use of my overworld sprites, both regular and shiny. Whether you might want to use these as simple overworld encounters or even as followers for the trainer, that is all up to you!
    View attachment Pokemon Generation 8 Overworld Spritesheets by SageDeoxys V1.zip

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    I've been working on the rest of the revealed Pokemon, and now all but Galarian Slowpoke and Galarian Slowking are done, but I'll have to wait until those are visually revealed for me to make.
    Here is an updated ZIP file including spritesheets for all new Galarian forms excluding those previously mentioned as well as all-new Pokemon, including the ones shown in the DLC trailers. Since shiny colorations for these Pokemon, excluding Galarian Slowpoke, are still unknown, I have opted to use the regular spritesheets as placeholders to avoid any problems when importing sprites. Once shiny colorations for these Pokemon are known, I will make them and update the ZIP file.
    Here is the updated file for use, so long as I am credited.

View attachment Pokemon Generation 8 Overworld Spritesheets V1.1 by SageDeoxys.zip

Years
  • Pokemon gen 8 overworld sprites are 128x128 which is so small for the game. can you make 256x256 please because I don't know how to resize picture. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Thank you very much SageDeoxys for the 1.1 ZIP file. 👍 It is very useful to add all the Gen8 in our fangames at once and it complements perfectly with the Smogon project which only made it backs and fronts.

Back