• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] I think I got a problem at the last part of setting up pokeemerald

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
  • Hello!

I installed pokeemerald using WSL following Lunos's tutorial and it went pretty smooth until the LAST part when building the ROM.

Unfortunately I'm posting on my phone and I don't have access to my computer but I'll edit my post later.

But globally WSL told me -J was not an integer value and had to be positive or something like that and I didn't find a ROM in my folders so I think it didn't get built.

Could maybe someone explain me my mistake please?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hello!

I installed pokeemerald using WSL following Lunos's tutorial and it went pretty smooth until the LAST part when building the ROM.

Unfortunately I'm posting on my phone and I don't have access to my computer but I'll edit my post later.

But globally WSL told me -J was not an integer value and had to be positive or something like that and I didn't find a ROM in my folders so I think it didn't get built.

Could maybe someone explain me my mistake please?

Thank you very much!

Rather than doing make -jN i did make -j5 and just make also worked.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • But globally WSL told me -J was not an integer value and had to be positive or something like that and I didn't find a ROM in my folders so I think it didn't get built.
    Surely you didn't try to use "make -jN", yeah?
    "N" is the number of CPU threads you want to assign to the compiler so it can produce a ROM faster.
    I clarify this in every single one of my tutorials about building the decomps.

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
  • Surely you didn't try to use "make -jN", yeah?
    "N" is the number of CPU threads you want to assign to the compiler so it can produce a ROM faster.
    I clarify this in every single one of my tutorials about building the decomps.

It was THIS! I missed this part! Trying to install decomp with too much depression, alcochol and medicine isn't the best idea!

EDIT: Thank you! I did it! I was never able to do it until now, I had so much trouble and now I dit it! I gave up last year, I gave up months ago, I gave up weeks ago, but now I did it!!!

EDIT2: Now my other question is: I just have to open the files in a text editor and new lines/ delete lines I don't want and rebuild a new ROM and that's it?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • EDIT2: Now my other question is: I just have to open the files in a text editor and new lines/ delete lines I don't want and rebuild a new ROM and that's it?
    If your intention is to remove functions, text strings or whatever from the game, yes, that's the only thing you need to do.
    Remove them entirely from every part of the code and build a new ROM.

Back