• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Darkest Timeline

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 2: Montage!

☆☆Day 1, 0400☆☆

It's still dark outside when Heather is startled awake by a noise. She looks around in a daze, flicking on the lamp next to her bed. It takes her a second to adjust to the light, but when she does, she yells in surprise, clutching her sheets tight to her chest. "Dennis! What are you doing in here?!"

Dennis stands by the dresser on the other side of the room, holding a pair of pants. In the light, he can see they aren't his size. Or even his gender. He quickly puts them back. "Those clothes you got for me didn't fit. I thought I'd go through the drawers-"

"You stay away from my drawers! Go back to sleep, we'll find some later!"

"I don't want to be a bother..."

"You're bothering me now! Get out of my room!" She grabs the nearest object, her alarm clock, and throws it at Dennis, sending him scurrying for the door. She chases after him, making sure he goes back to his room. She makes sure to lock her door after closing it. "Maybe I'll just lock him in his room from now on..."

In his room, Dennis leans against the door, feeling his face heat up from embarrassment. "That was a bad plan. Although, her night shirt looked about my size. I'll ask her about it later."

☆☆Day 1, 1130☆☆

Dennis takes the knife away from Heather, grabbing a towel to stop the bleeding. "Who taught you how to use a knife?"

Heather scowls as she takes the paper towel from him, wrapping her finger tightly. "What, you've never slipped? The onions were getting to me, that's all!" She leaves Dennis to cut the vegetables, going to get the first aid kit. He now understands why she has one in the kitchen.

"No, I haven't. I had a good teacher, and she drilled safety above all else." He quickly cuts the onion and peppers, tossing them in the pan with some oil. "I thought you were a baker?"

"Oh, ha-ha. Let's see you bake bread sometime. Bet you 20 bucks it falls flatter than a pancake."

☆☆Day 2, 1430☆☆

Dennis huffs out a breath in frustration, tossing the controller onto the seat beside him. Heather smirks at him from her spot on the floor. "You're really bad at this."

He crosses his arms sullenly. "I'm better with real guns. And all that stuff on the screen distracted me!" Heather just laughs. "Excuses, excuses. You're just a sore loser."

Dennis sighs, picking up the controller. "Let's play the fighting game again. I was good at that." Heather scoffs, but gets up to change the disk. "Button mashing doesn't count as 'good', honey."

☆☆Day 3, 1500☆☆

Dennis dances in place while washing dishes, singing along to the music. "Don't stop, believing! Hold on to that feeling!"

Doctor ruffles his feathers in annoyance, hopping off the chair and flying into the living room, where Razer is practicing his attacks. Dennis sighs, looking at Scrapper, asleep by his feet. "Everyone's a critic."

Heather comes in, carrying grocery bags. "I'm back! I stopped at the store and grabbed some clothes for you. These should actually fit. And look! I got you a hat!" She shows Dennis a beige flat cap, excitedly putting it on his head. She tilts her head to the side as he adjusts it to be more comfortable. "That's a good look on you. Your head doesn't look so small now."

Dennis shakes his hands at her, flinging water toward her face. She shrieks in surprise, laughing. "Don't!" Dennis grins, grabbing a handful of soap bubbles to put on her head. She grabs his wrist, her smile fading. "Don't. Just... don't." She steps back, hugging her arms to her stomach. "Finish up. I'll... I'll put everything away." She grabs her bags, heading for the pantry and leaving Dennis to his chores.

☆☆Day 3, 2030☆☆

"Heather, are you okay? You've been pretty quiet since you got home." Dennis stands in the doorway to the home office, watching Heather slowly spin back and forth in her chair.

She glances up, nodding. "Yeah. I'm just a little tired. Things were crazy in town, you know? Lot of people, traffic, stuff like that."

Dennis nods slowly, but doesn't push. "Alright. I'm going to bed. Try to get some sleep, okay? I'll see you in the morning?"

Heather smiles and gives him a thumbs up, so he heads down the hall to his room. He pretends he didn't see her holding the locket.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • @Godzil: I absolutely love the blossoming relationship between Heather and Dennis! I loved the way you just used exerts throughout a few days rather than cramming it all in one moment! Looking forward to seeing how you progress through the Chapter.

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 2: Montage Part 2

☆☆Day 4, 0800☆☆

Dennis finishes setting up his targets, a line of soda cans half-filled with water. He quickly assembles his weapon, putting in a fresh magazine and a full canister of CO2. He had been neglecting his training while recovering, and finding the airsoft pistol in the closet reminded him of his duty.

Heather casually leans against the side of the house, watching Dennis move. She'd noticed he was much less stiff lately, indicating he wasn't in as much pain. That meant he'd be leaving soon.

She isn't entirely sure how to feel about that.

Dennis takes his time lining up his shot, which hits the wooden wall behind the targets with a dull THUNK. He frowns and fires three more shots.

THUNK THUNK TING!

The last shot was a glancing blow to one can, which earns a laugh from Heather. "Four shots only to graze your target? Amethyst must be quaking in fear, Annie Oakley."

He doesn't even look back at her, just squares his shoulders with a huff as he keeps shooting. "I'm sure you're much more frightening. Your cooking is deadlier than my gun, at least."

She feigns outrage, coming up beside him. "Uh! My cooking is wonderful, thank you very much! And I'll bet I can shoot better than you!"

He stops, lowering the gun and looking at her. "How much? You want to wager something, we'll make this interesting."

Heather scoffs, looking him up and down. "Interesting? Everything you have I got you. You can't wager my money! All you have is words." She just grins, taunting him for fun.

Dennis nods, checking the magazine. "Words it is, then. Eight shots left, four for each of us. Whoever hits more gets to ask one question, loser has to answer honestly." He offers her the gun and a smile. "Ladies first."

Heather cocks an eyebrow, taking the gun from him. "Watch and learn, soldier boy."

Dennis steps back as Heather takes up a firing stance, and he takes note of her fine form. (Her technique isn't bad, either.) She takes a second to aim, moving down the line as she shoots.

TINK! TINK! TINK! THUNK

Dennis steps up, nodding his respect, while Heather does a little bow before handing the gun over. He takes a deep breath, firing all four shots one after the other.

TINKTINKTINKTINK!

Heather stares in surprise as one can falls off the stand, four new dents in it. "You're a very good teacher." Dennis pats her on the shoulder before going back inside.

Heather looks at the can, then back at the house. "...What just happened?"

☆☆Day 4, 1400☆☆

Heather sits down in the chair, staring at Dennis. "Alright, out with it. Ask me whatever you want to know. I pay my debts."

Dennis puts down his drink, returning Heather's steady gaze. "Alright. How did you get involved with the A.A.V.?"

Heather sighs, dropping her head in disbelief. "You single-minded... you set up that whole scenario, you hustled me, just to ask about your stupid army?!"

"No." Dennis lightly touches the back of her hand, which she pulls away. "I'm asking about you. I'd like to think we're friends, and I want to know how my new best friend got involved with something as stupidly dangerous as the A.A.V."

Heather glares at him, turning away and shaking your head. "You... are so much like him. Like both of them. You wanna know? Fine. I'll tell you." Dennis nods, letting her collect her thoughts.

"I own a bakery. It belonged to a friend of my grandfather's, and my first job out of school was there. One day, the old man gets lucky, wins 5 million in the lottery. He sold me the place for a buck, said he couldn't imagine anyone more suited to running it.

Terry was a cop, the new guy on the force, when I met him. He came in every morning, bought donuts for the whole precinct. One day he just nuts up and says to me, 'I come in here every day, not for your donuts, but for your smile. It's sweeter than anything on your menu.' It was... SO cheesy. The worst line EVER. But it made me laugh. And he was a lot more relaxed around me after that. We... eventually started going out.

Amethyst thugs came through town one day, did what they do, no one stopped them. No one even spoke up. Terry thought that wasn't right. He found some people who agreed, and they found some people willing to fight back. I begged him not to go. I told him it was too dangerous. But he didn't listen. He joined up anyway.

Jasper, my best friend since diapers, told me he'd watch out for Terry. They'd watch each other's backs, and they'd worry so I wouldn't have to. It just made me worry more. I got Terry a locket, put my picture in it, and I said, 'Promise me I'll get this back.' He did. He promised me, and I got it back. I lost my best friend, and my boyfriend, but thanks to you, he kept his promise."

She doesn't know when she started crying, but now she can't stop. She bows her head, silently sobbing while Dennis just sits there, taking in everything she said.

Eventually, she composes herself, looking exhausted. She stands up, and Dennis stands as well. She reaches for his hand, which he holds between both of his. Then she slaps him so hard he falls back into his chair, slack-jawed. "Wha- what was THAT for?!"

She glares at him, holding her hand in pain. "That was for asking!" Her glare drops away, and she bends down to give him a quick kiss on the other cheek. "And that was for listening." She walks away, leaving Dennis very confused. Both cheeks are burning, and for very different reasons.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: WOW! OH MY GOD HEARING THE FULL STORY AS TO WHY HEATHER IS INVOLVED WAS IMMENSE! I love how the pair are so much closer now, their interactions are always worth reading!

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 2: Shipping and Handling

☆☆Day 5, 0800☆☆

"It's a good thing I'm not ticklish. I'd be in a lot of pain, otherwise." Dennis is once again shirtless in the bathroom while Heather looks over his chest.

She glances up at him, looking a little worried. "This doesn't hurt, does it? I thought you were getting better."

"No, it's fine. I was just saying, you've gone over all my ribs at least twice by now. No pain at all."

She pushes a little harder than necessary on his chest, noticing he barely reacts. "Yeah, I'd say you're practically healed by now. But you're not 100 percent yet, and I still think you should see a doctor."

He pats her shoulder, then lightly strokes her hair. She doesn't flinch away, but he leaves it at that. "I feel a lot better than when I first got here. And I'll wear the wrappings for a little longer if it makes you feel better."

Heather nods, going over to the first aid kit. "It's not about me feeling better, it's about you feeling better. You're the one hurt, not me." She starts wrapping his ribs again, drawing a slight grunt of discomfort. "But I think you'd feel better if you stay here, take it easy, keep resting and relaxing."

"I'd like that." His response earns a surprised glance from Heather. "But I have a job to do. I need to get in touch with the Azalea branch, if for no other reason than to report what happened out there. I just need to find them. I'm healed enough to move around, and as long as I stay out of trouble, I should be fine."

Heather finishes bandaging him, putting away her supplies. She doesn't look at him while she works, and shrugs his hand off when he tries to grab her shoulder. "I'm sorry if I upset you, but you said you wanted me to leave, right?"

Heather stops, looking at the mirror. She can see him behind her in her reflection. "Yeah... That's what I said."

Dennis nods, grabbing his shirt. "Alright. You've been great, and done more for me than I could've asked for. I'll head for town today, and-"

"No." Heather turns, leaning against the counter with her arms crossed over her stomach. "Not today. I don't think you're ready yet. Go... tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow. Take one more day to rest, just to be safe."

Dennis tilts his head slightly, thinking. "If... you think it's best. I'll stay for one more day."

Heather smiles, letting out a sigh of relief. "Good. That'd be for the best."

☆☆Day 5, 2200☆☆

Dennis laughs heartily, watching Heather try to stand. In hindsight, they'd both probably had a bit too much to drink, but she had challenged him, and he refused to back down. "Looks like... looks like I win!"

"No! No, I just... slipped! I'm good, I'm good!" She hauls herself back into her chair, trying to focus her eyes on Dennis. "Another round!" She knocks over her bottle trying to grab it, and it swiftly joins the other dozen or so littered across the floor.

"No, I think I've had enough. I just about reached my limit. ...about an hour ago." He grabs her arm, but she tries to drag him down instead of him pulling her up.

"Come on! I've got a big day! I have to search... to sear... look ALLLLL over town!"

"Wrong! I know... EXACTLY... where they are. I can show you! We'll both go, it'll be fun! We can leave whenever!"

Dennis stares at her for a moment, processing. Then he just laughs. "Then we BOTH need sleep! Up! Time for bed!" He pulls her up, the pair leaning on each other for support. They stagger to the stairs, giggling like idiots, stopping at the bottom step.

"These... are really steep. Your contractor can't measure!"

"And really, really long! What floor do they stop at, twenty? Better idea. Couch. You take the couch, I'll take the chair."

Dennis steers her toward the living room. "Fine. But you take the couch. It's more comfortable." He tries to put her on the couch, but she pulls him toward the chair.

"No! You're bigger, you need more room! Look how tiny I am! My chair."

"Maybe we should both take the couch. It's sturdier, it's less likely to break." Dennis pulls her back to the couch.

Heather nods, pushing him onto the couch. "Good idea. Safety first. And take your shoes off! I don't want dirt on the cushions."

Dennis kicks his boots off, getting comfortable on the couch. Heather sits on his legs, laying down and nestling against his chest. "You're comfy. I should use you as a pillow more."

Dennis doesn't hear her, having already fallen asleep.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: WOWOWOWOW HEATHER IS BEING ALMOST COMPLETELY OPEN WITH DENNIS AND I AM SO HAPPY WITH HOW YOU'VE PROGRESSED THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THESE TOW. THIS IS SO GOOD I LOVE IT. The drinking is a nice, and realistic, touch too. Excellent as always!

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 2: On the Road Again

☆☆Day 6, 0900☆☆

The smell of toast wakes Heather up, but everything seems too loud and too bright. She realizes she's on the couch with a blanket over her, but can't remember much of last night. She pushes through the pain, staggering into the kitchen. Dennis is already there, staring at the toaster through a pair of sunglasses. They're bright orange with a stylised sun on each side.

"Cute glasses." Dennis winces at her voice, offering a half-hearted wave. "What's the matter? Bad hangover?"

Dennis scowls at her, but the bright orange glasses take all the threat out of it. "A gentleman knows his limits, and never exceeds them. Last night I exceeded them, and now I'm paying for it."

Heather swipes the glasses from him as she passes by, putting them on. She grabs some orange juice from the fridge, pouring a glass for herself, and one for Dennis. "I know that feeling. Last time I had that much was... two years ago? Jasper and I went out on my birthday. I woke up in jail. Terry bailed me out."

Dennis winces again when the toast pops, nearly burning his fingers trying to get it out. He eats it dry, drinking his juice in one long pull. Heather doesn't say anything, watching him from behind her sunglasses.

Dennis finally looks over at her, fighting a smile. "You planned this. You intentionally got us both so wasted I wouldn't be able to go anywhere today."

Heather just grins, sipping her juice. "Or maybe you're just a wimp. Muffin?" She tosses him a banana muffin, which he barely catches.

"Thank you." He says it sarcastically. "I'm gonna go sleep this off, then you're taking me into town. Remember, you gave me your word." He heads back upstairs, ignoring Heather's frustrated sigh. "You have a one-track mind, you know that? It's really getting annoying!"

"That's what friends do! Annoy each other and forgive each other later! Good night, best buddy!"

Heather rubs her forehead in frustration, but can't help but laugh. "Best friend, huh? I think I'm okay with that."

☆☆Day 6, 1430☆☆

Heather sits in her armchair, lightly dozing, waking up when she hears footsteps coming down the stairs. She looks up and sees Dennis, once again dressed in his A.A.V. uniform. And wearing the hat she bought him. "Ready to go?"

She nods, climbing to her feet. "Sure I can't change your mind? I still think this is a bad idea."

Dennis shakes his head, making sure his Pokeballs and sidearm are secure. "It's fine. I'll go report in, and everything will be fine. This is my job, Heather. I gotta go to work, you know?"

She sighs, looking at the floor. She doesn't like it, but she's gotten to know Dennis, and knows he won't give up. She looks up, offering a smile, and grabs her keys. "Alright, then. Let's get this terrible party started."

☆☆Day 6, 1500☆☆

Heather parks the truck in front of a squat old building near the edge of town. A faded old sign declares that the building is the "Wolf Pack Gym", but it looks empty.

Dennis knows looks can be deceiving, but this place looks abandoned. "This is where they meet? A run-down old gym?"

Heather shrugs, her distaste obvious. "If anyone ever asked me where Terry was, I'd say he was at the gym. Technically not a lie, but no one asked further. Is that just guy code or something?"

"It's not a code I'm familiar with." Heather shoots him a look, and he tries to defend his statement. "I was raised by a single woman for eighteen years. I didn't hang out with other guys, you know?"

She concedes the point, dropping the subject. "I couldn't go in there if I wanted to, and I don't. If you need me, I'll be going home. Last chance to leave this all behind."

Dennis gets out of the truck, walking around to the other side. He opens her door, pulling her into a quick hug. "Thanks for the ride. I'll see you later, alright?" He puts his hat on her head, giving her a smile. "I'm coming back for that hat. You were right, it looks good on me." He pulls his green beret out of his pocket, putting it on.

Heather smiles at him, then drives off. Dennis waves as she drives away, watching until she's out of sight. He heads for the door of the gym, finding it locked. He knocks, waiting for a response.

The response he gets surprises him.

"Panther drop!" A voice yells out a a great weight lands on his shoulders. Dennis is knocked to the ground, a knee pressed into his spine and his arm pulled into an armbar. "Base, this is Wolf. We got a live one, and he's wearing A.A.V. colors. I'm bringing him in now, over."

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil WOAH WHAT A TWIST AT THE END I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT AT ALL OH MY LORD! I'M EAGERLY AWAITING THE NEXT UPDATE DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING!!!

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 2: The Azalea Branch

"So tell me, laddie... What do you do when the wolf is at the door?" The man on Dennis' back leans in, putting pressure on his spine. It also makes his ribs hurt again, and he regrets not taking Heather's advice to rest longer. But that phrase sounds familiar, and he struggles to remember why. Then it hits him.

"Light the Lantern and invite him in." It was the password he was supposed to give to his new squad, to prove his identity. He just hopes it still works.

"Great Pokeballs, it's you! You were supposed to be here a week ago! What, did you get lost? We thought everyone was dead!" The man leans back, taking the weight off Dennis' ribs, but not letting him out of the armbar.

"Actually, *nngh* I stopped to heal my cracked ribs. Which you're not making feel any better."

The man quickly hops off, offering Dennis a hand up. Dennis accepts, and the man pulls him up and shakes his hand. "Sorry for the rude introduction! Nasty bit of business, what happened in that forest. Had to be sure you weren't a spy! The name's Conroy! Bigby Conroy. They call me the Wolf!"

"Dennis Coleman. Callsign Lantern. I guess I'm the reinforcements." He holds his ribs, the pain fading again.

"Maybe so, maybe not. The boys inside are having a bit of a debate about that. I'll take you in, you can share your side of the story." Bigby produces a key from his pocket, opening the door and leading Dennis inside.

☆☆Inside!☆☆

The gym appears to be in working condition, with plenty of space, mats lined up against the walls, and several punching bags and training dummies. A group of seven or so sit in a circle of folding chairs, apparently in the middle of a meeting.

Bigby pulls up a chair, cutting off the man who had been speaking. "Alright, ladies! ...and gentlemen. This here is the man from Cianwood we were expecting last week. Seems he took his time patching himself up after the fight in the forest, and now he's here to help."

Dennis nods, standing outside the circle. He doesn't feel like sitting at the moment, and feels he'll make a better impression by standing. "Hello. I'm sorry for the delay, and about what happened in the Ilex Forest."

"Yeah, what happened out there? Half our ranks were depleted that day, and it didn't even make the news!" One of the men speaks up, earning mutters of agreement from the others.

Dennis sighs, retrieving the ID tags from his pocket. "I was blown off course while landing. By the time I got to the rendezvous point, everyone was dead. I had to run, because Amethyst soldiers were still around. I was forced to engage, and laid low to recover from my injuries. I'm not sure how else I can help, but I'm here now."

One of the women takes the tags, taking them over to a desk. "Thank you for recovering these. We'll be sure to tell their families what happened."

Bigby speaks up, rising to his feet and pacing. "As for you helping out, I'm afraid it's too little too late, lad. Our mission was to storm the main weapons depot in this area, but with our forces cut thin, we're proper f-"

"Actually, I have something to say!" The other woman, a small girl barely older than fifteen, interrupts. Bigby flops back into his seat, giving her a "go ahead" gesture.

"Well, for the benefit of the new guy..." she looks at him questioningly. "Dennis." He replies. "Mr. Dennis... I've managed to get some bugs into Amethyst headquarters. Mostly Spinarak, but my Butterfree does aerial recon..."

"Get to the point, Beatrice."

"Sorry. Anyway, it seems they've retreated after what happened in the forest. Most of their forces are headed to Olivine, to deal with some crisis there. Some kind of explosion, I think... They've only left a skeleton crew to take care of things here."

Dennis nods, thinking this over. Bigby leaps to his feet. "By Arceus, that's it! They pulled out too soon, and made a right mess for themselves! They think we're done after only one round, but we've got enough gas for another go! Our mission is to take back that depot! Who's with me?!"

No one moves or speaks, except to glance back at the desk, where the ID tags lay. Dennis steps forward. "If those are our orders, I'll go. But I'd really rather not do this alone."

"Well said, lad! Who else has the stones?" The others look between themselves, but stay seated.

"None of you? Fine! Looks like it's the two of us, Denny! Amethyst won't know what hit 'em! We deploy in fifteen minutes!"

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: Wow what a turnaround! I'm surprised the others didn't want to help but it makes plenty of sense considering what happened! I'm on the edge of my seet waiting for this to kick off now!

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 2: Have Fun Storming the Castle!

Bigby and Dennis make their way to the weapons depot, leaving the rest of the team behind. "Even with a skeleton crew, this won't be easy. I wish more of them had joined us."

"Don't fret, lad. None of them are really trained for an operation like this. Why do you think they weren't with the first team in the forest? Only Beatrice has any field experience, and she's more of a scout. Gets queasy at the sight of blood. No, you and I are the only ones capable of doing this!"

"If you say so..." Dennis lets it go, preparing for the mission. He had been on raids like this before, during his training with Rose. He knew he was capable, but Bigby is an unknown factor, and he's not sure what to expect. All he can hope is that he doesn't screw up.

They eventually reach their destination, a warehouse on the south side of town. Apparently, it used to be a factory where charcoal was made, but Amethyst had taken it for themselves. A chain fence surrounds the factory, topped with barbed wire. The only way through is the gate, but that requires a code.

Dennis and Bigby are at a cafe across the road, on a stake out. "So what was the original plan?"

"We were going to load everyone into the back of a truck, send them in the front gate. We knew the schedule, had a target picked out, but... you know. Any thoughts?"

Dennis nods, pointing at the gate. "Without the code, we can't open that gate. Luckily, we won't need it. There aren't any guards outside, and only two security cameras, if your information is good. One looking at the gate, one at the front door. We'll go through the back."

"That might work, but are you forgetting the fence? We can't exactly go over it."

"We don't have to. We're going through it. Come on, now's as good a time as any."

☆☆Behind the warehouse...☆☆

Bigby keeps watch on the road while Scrapper chews through the fence. The Lairon makes short work of the steel, chewing a hole large enough for both men to crawl through. "Much more effective than bolt cutters." Dennis recalls Scrapper, heading through first. There is a simple door on the back side, probably an employee entrance. It's naturally locked, but Bigby said he would deal with that. Dennis presumes he knows how to pick locks, and lets the big man work.

Rather than a lockpick, Bigby's big boot makes short work of the door, one heavy kick breaking the door frame. "Someone will have heard that! Go!" He rushes inside, drawing his pistol. Dennis follows suit, hurrying inside.

The door opens into a hallway, with a room on either side. Bigby heads to the door on the left side, motioning Dennis to take the one on the right. Dennis checks the door, finding it unlocked. He opens the door quickly, snapping his weapon into position. This room appears to be an office, but it's empty. He checks for anyone hiding inside, but finds nothing.

The sound of a fist hitting flesh gets his attention, and he runs back to the hall, seeing Bigby rising to his feet. A thin man in an Amethyst uniform runs down the hall, rounding the corner before Dennis can raise his gun.

"Go, lad! I'll handle Mongo!" Bigby rushes back into his room, drawing a grunt of pain from whoever is inside. Presumably someone large, but Dennis chases after the thin goon. He rounds the corner, finding the man fumbling with keys as he tries to open a large door. Dennis raises his gun, but a jolt of electricity hits his hand, making him drop it. The man whirls to face Dennis, revealing a Magnemite hovering beside him.

The man glares, stepping away from the door. "You only caught me because I'm the slowest of the Diamond Dogs. Magnemite, take care of him!"

Dennis sends Scrapper back out, squaring off against the goon. "I thought you were Team Amethyst. 'Diamond Dogs'?"

"We're the greatest tag team of Amethyst! A group so tight-knit, Amara herself trusts us to guard this secret facility!"

"You mean this abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere?"

"Shut up! Magnemite, Thundershock!" Bolts of electricity shoot from the magnets, attracted to Scrapper's metal body. They barely faze him.

"Rock Smash!" Scrapper leaps forward, grabbing Magnemite with his front claws and dragging it to the floor, crushing it underfoot. It manages to squirm free, armor cracked, floating back up. "Sonic Boom!" Electricity crackles along its magnets, and visible rings of sound emit from its central eye, striking Scrapper.

"Take Down!" Scrapper leaps forward, slamming headfirst into Magnemite. His hard skull protects him from any damage, but Magnemite is sent tumbling away, its damaged armor unable to properly absorb the impact. It hits the wall, bouncing off and hitting the floor. Scrapper growls at the goon, who fumbles for his keys again. "Tackle him."

Scrapper rams his shoulder into the goon's legs, knocking him to the ground. Dennis recovers his gun, grabbing it by the barrel and slamming the handle into the man's head. After pistol whipping him unconscious, Dennis recovers his keys, finding the one to unlock the door.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: WOW WHAT CAN'T YOU DO? INTERACTION SCENES ARE EXCELLENT. EXCITEMENT DONE RIGHT. POKÉMON BATTLES DONE REALISTICALLY, YEP. AMAZING I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 2: Final Fight

Opening the door leads Dennis to the factory floor, which now serves as storage space for various crates. Crates of weapons, crates of ammo, Pokeballs, medicines, even half a dozen trucks parked at the far end. A steel staircase leads up to the second floor, no doubt the floor manager's office. Dennis hurries up the steps, kicking open the door. Or he tries, but it's a solid door, and he's not as big as Bigby. The door rattles from his kick, but stays shut.

Dennis curses his luck, instead using the handle. The door is unlocked, and he throws it open and steps back. A knife buries itself in the door, and he feels very justified for his caution. He raises his gun and enters, pointing it in the direction the knife came from. A woman in a Team Amethyst uniform stands by a desk, scowling at him. "Risky move. Guess you got lucky."

Dennis keeps his gun pointed at her. "The lucky thing is that there were only three of you in here." He takes a step forward, but is stopped by an arm around his throat. Someone else has grabbed him from behind. "There's four of us, assclown!"

The man behind him forces Dennis into the wall, but Dennis throws his head back, catching the man in the nose. Dennis turns to bring his pistol up, but the man hits Dennis' wrist, stopping him from lining up his shot. The gun goes off, the bullet sinking into the wooden door. The woman had been about to recover her knife, but backs up after the shot goes off.

"Ruby! Stay back!" The man goes to punch Dennis, but Dennis barely leans back in time, bringing his gun to bear. The man moves quickly, slapping Dennis' wrist aside so the bullet just misses, grazing the man's uniform. He closes the distance, keeping a firm hold on Dennis' arm to prevent him from aiming. Dennis is forced to fight back with his other hand, punching the man in the ribs.

Then Ruby comes in, tackling Dennis from behind. He drops the gun, which Ruby accidentally kicks out the door, where it falls off the ledge to the ground floor. Dennis drives his elbow back, hitting the grunt in the head, then turns to face him, hands at the ready.

The man yells in anger, charging in and driving his shoulder into Dennis' ribs, driving him back into the wall. He hears something crack, sending pain shooting through his chest. The man laughs, leaning back and slamming into Dennis again. "I'm no doctor, but that sounded like your ribs!" He rams into Dennis again, causing him to collapse in pain, the man pushing him into the wall the only thing keeping him upright.

Dennis pushes weakly at the man, both of them panting for air. The man straightens, grabbing Dennis by the throat. "Did you really think you could take on Team Amethyst alone?"

"He's not alone!" Bigby bursts into the room, punching Ruby in the jaw and knocking her to the floor. "Now's not the time for dying, lad!"

Dennis shoves the grunt with all his strength, taking advantage of Bigby's distraction. He grabs his switchblade, stabbing the man in the chest. The man's eyes go wide, and he falls to his knees. Dennis pulls the knife out, kicking the grunt in the face. The grunt falls to the floor. Unconscious or dead, Dennis doesn't care. He kicks the man in the ribs as payback.

"Sorry for the delay, lad. I don't know what they feed that big one, but he'll be eating through a straw from now on. You feeling up to finishing this?"

"This one said there was only four of them. We've got them all. The depot is ours now." Dennis leans against the wall, holding his sore ribs.

"Great! I'll take care of this Amethyst trash. Thanks for your help." He holds up his fist, and Dennis raps his knuckles against his. "Not a problem. Anything else I can do to help?"

"Nah, I'll call base. You get some rest, you've earned it." Bigby ties up the goons, while Dennis makes his way back to Heather's place.

((End Chapter 2))

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: WOAH THAT WAS ACTION PACKED FROM START TO FINISH. I'M ACCEPTED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER NOW!

Gandhi Savage

Years

• CHAPTER THREE: Unravelling
    "Cherish all your happy moments,
    they make a fine cushion for old age."
    ~Christopher Morley

717MS.png
    Dennis Coleman
    717MS.png

Spoiler:

717MS.png
    Danny Gutierrez
    717MS.png

Spoiler:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Danny Guitierrez

Chapter 3: The Unravelling

"This place looks so peaceful. Especially during the day." Danny Guitierrez just thought to himself. He looked around the bay of Cianwood Island. the seas were calm, the sky was calmer, and Danny felt at peace. But somewhere, somehow, deep inside Danny knew there was a storm a brewing. Not a real one created by weather, mind you, but one that would surely place loyalties at risk in the coming months. Danny had heard about the recent tragedies that have been happening to some of the A.A.V. members around the Johto region, and he didn't like it one bit. "Everything seems so calm here. But out there, deep in the rest of our world, the war rages on. And I have a feeling it's not going to be over for a long, long time." Danny thought in apprehension of the calm day.

After a couple hours of his usual tanning session in the sun, Danny went back inside the A.A.V. headquarters located deep within Cianwood Island. It had taken some time to get back on foot, but he didn't feel like forcing Charizard to fly him there seeing as Charizard had had enough work seen by it in the past couple weeks. Danny sighed and walked through the front entrance of the A.A.V. headquarters, immediately seeing some different recruits in their respective places talking to each other, with Archie himself scolding one of the low-ranking rebel members.

"No, I don't care what Sector Z told you! Sector F is supposed to be receiving the same amount of recruits as every other Sector. We may be increasing in number by the day, but that doesn't mean we can spread our forces too thin! Now march your butt back to Sector Z, tell them my orders, and then deliver the appropriate amount of recruits to Sector F! GOT IT?!" Archie yelled at the low-ranking rebel member, who was obviously scared out of his mind. "S-sorry, Archie sir. It won't happen again. I'll deliver those recruits to Sector F lickedy-split." The low-ranking rebel member said with a gulp. He did the traditional A.A.V. salute to Archie before marching off with 10 other recruits following behind him.

Danny observed the situation with pity for the low-ranking rebel member. So many orders had to be given out nowadays that they could be mixed up, as what probably happened. Archie was too busy though to look over such frivolous things. After the others left Archie with his palm on his face, Danny approached Archie carefully. "Ay!!! What's up, Archie! How are you doing?" Danny asked the A.A.V. leader as he went up to him and held out his hands. "Not now, Danny. I'm sorry but I'm not in a good mood. Some of the people we're hiring are SO incompetent." Archie said with a sigh. "Hey, why so glum, chum? We're doing alright. Maybe you should turn that frown upside down, go outside and get a little of that ol' sunshine for awhile." Danny said with his inviting tone. "You know what. You're right, Danny. I'm sorry for acting that way, this isn't your fault." Archie said back to Danny. Archie accepted Danny's bro-hug and then backed away a couple steps.

"Speaking of changing priorities. I have a new mission for you, Danny. I need you to take a boat headed to Cherrygrove City to pick up some fresh recruits for the A.A.V. cause. The crew is already provided and ready at the dock by myself, supply level for the mission should be good, and you should be the one to lead the expedition. I have had too much stress and am going to take a little vacation around Cianwood. You have had enough vacation for now though however, and I expect you to finish this mission with full merits." Archie explained the new task assigned to Danny with his hands going about in different directions in the traditional conversational gestures. After Archie was finished Danny took everything with a grain of salt and responded. "Sure thing, boss! I'll get on it right away! Don't worry about a thing. You just go out into the daylight and take a much needed vacation. You can even tan and swim some, whatever you need. I'll take care of this assignment for you."

"Thanks, Danny. I know I can count on you not to screw up like some of these other dolts around here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a break for a little while. No disturbances." Archie said back to him. After a hug and pat on the shoulder, Archie left Danny's company to himself. "Well, better get to the boat in time so I don't piss off the crew. After all, it is a long journey and I'm going to have to deal with them for awhile. Might as well make my first impression a good one..." Danny thought to himself. He put on his belt, equipped his Pokeballs to it, packed his stuff, and headed out of the headquarters into broad daylight. "Go, Charizard! I need your help, friend!" Danny called out his Charizard as he threw the Pokeball into the air and a bright red light vanished leaving a tall, menacing orange Dragon-looking Pokemon in its wake. Charizard roared in approval of Danny's new mission for it. "Hey, buddy. Thanks for always being there for me." Danny said as he hugged Charizard and rubbed his hand across its neck. Charizard responded by overheating and burning Danny with ash coming off him. "Haha, well. I guess some things never change..." Danny said to his Pokemon with a fiery cough. Danny hopped onto his Charizard's back and Charizard flew into the air, Danny heading towards the direction of the docks and the boat crew. What Danny didn't know though was that the coming journey would be one of his most dangerous, biggest missions yet.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 3: Familiar Faces

Dennis soon realizes that walking to the other side of town, then taking the road for almost a mile, is a long, hot walk. The summer sun beats down on him, and he wishes he had brought some water with him. He looks forward to reaching Heather's house so he can get a drink.

Of course, there are other reasons he's looking forward to getting there.

He's lucky that no one else is on the road today. His uniform makes him a target in an Amethyst-controlled town like Azalea. Yet another reason he regrets walking. But the sight of that dirt road, of the red brick house with its stone wall, makes the journey worth it. He hurries up the road, through the wooden fence, over the little cobblestone path in the yard, and up to the front door. He doesn't have a key, so he knocks, four distinct taps on the door.

It takes a moment, to the point he almost considers knocking again, before the door opens. "Dennis!" Heather practically tackles him, wrapping him in a big hug, laughing merrily. Dennis catches her, the momentum spinning him in a circle. He sets her down, but her wide grin is infectious, making him crack a smile. "Happy to see me, huh?"

"No! Well, yes, actually, it's great that you're back, but guess what? Jasper's here!" She goes back inside, and Dennis follows her in, closing the door. His smile fades when he hears Jasper's name, remembering his injuries and the fight in the forest.

"He just showed up, right after you left! I came back, and he was sitting on the porch, waiting for me! He's upstairs now, resting. Isn't this great?" She notices his expression, her own smile faltering. "It's great, Dennis. What's wrong?" She tentatively steps forward, concern creeping into her features.

"No, you're right. This is good news. It's just... he was hurt really bad, and Amethyst goons were right behind us. How'd he manage to escape?"

Heather sighs in relief. "Is that all? He explained it to me. He said his attacker ran off, and he heard sirens. Someone heard gunshots, and police came to investigate. They found him, brought him to a hospital, and he's been recovering ever since! He came here as soon as he could walk, to check on me."

"That... makes sense, actually." Dennis smiles, and Heather smiles back, heading into the kitchen. His smile drops, and he hangs up his hat and coat, muttering to himself in thought. "I don't remember hearing any sirens..."

He mulls over that day, sitting in a chair while Heather bustles about the kitchen. She brings him a drink, joking about her home becoming a recovery center for soldiers, before going back in. Dennis smells cookies, and notices that Heather seems happier than he's ever seen her. It gives him something else to think about, that Jasper means more to her than he does, and perhaps ever will.

What are we? She was just a picture in a puzzle, a pretty prize for my efforts. Then she was real, a dream made reality. She cared for me, made me strong, made me feel... I'd never felt like that before. She's my friend, the first real friend I've ever had. What was I thinking? That we'd be more? I never even thought about what I was to her...

I showed up, dirty, dangerous, intimidating. I tell her that her boyfriend is dead, in probably the clumsiest, least respectful way ever, and that her best friend most likely is too. Then I collapse, making her care for me, making her care about me. The whole time, intentionally or not, reminding her of who she lost. Maybe... maybe she saw me as a replacement. A new friend to fill the void in her life. A void I'd created. But now, she has her best friend back. Where's that leave me? Just a friend? More? Less?

"Dennis?" Heather crouches beside him, gently shaking his shoulder, and he realizes he'd fallen asleep. Heather smiles softly, standing back up. "I'm going to go check on Jasper. Do you want to come with? I'm sure you have plenty to talk about."

He nods, following her to the stairs. He looks at the steps as he climbs, a part of his brain finding this odd. Normally his gaze would be a little higher, following Heather upstairs. He shushes that part of his brain, as more important things are on his mind. Heather stops outside the door to the guest bedroom, which had been Dennis' room this past week.

"Now, remember, he just got out of the hospital. So try not to rile him up too bad or anything, alright?" Dennis nods, letting Heather go in first, following after a moment.

"Hey, Jazz. How are you feeling?" Jasper sits up in the bed, smiling as Heather comes in. "Much better, knowing you're safe. It's good to... no. No, no, not him! What's he doing here?!" Jasper stares at Dennis, pushing back against the headboard to get as much space between himself and Dennis as possible. "Heather, what's HE doing HERE?!"

Heather looks between the two men, confused. Dennis just stares, trying to figure out what's wrong. "Jazz, this is Dennis. The man who tried to save you."

"Save me?! Save... ha! Hahaha no! No, Heather, he's the one who did this to me!" Jasper grabs her wrists, trying to pull her away from Dennis. Heather reacts in shock, pushing Jasper back down onto the bed. "Jasper, calm down! Dennis is a friend! He helped you! ...Didn't you?" She turns to Dennis, looking scared and confused.

Before Dennis can answer, Jasper jumps to his feet, putting himself between Heather and Dennis. "Friend? Heather, he killed everyone in the squad! He killed Terry! He tried to kill me!"

"What?!" Dennis is shocked, but Jasper isn't done.

"Think about it! How else did he get that locket?"

"I took it from his body! ...bad example. I was looking for identification."

"...He did say he'd planned on keeping it..."

"After he shot me, I hid, but he cut down the grass I was hiding in. I tried to escape, I told myself, 'I have to reach Heather!' How'd he find you?"

"The sign. Heather Lane. He said he saw the sign and came here." She turns to face Dennis, her eyes hard.

"The Poochyena! We got attacked, but you captured it!" Dennis has no idea what's happening, but he's losing control of the situation.

"I don't have it. I don't use Pokeballs, or fight with Pokemon."

"None of us do. I don't condone battles, and Jasper failed his trainer's exam."

"I told you, Heather. My attacker fled when he heard sirens. He must have ran straight here to escape." "You didn't want to be outside. You wanted in, to be out of sight."

"To avoid Amethyst! They were right behind us!"

"Did you see any Amethyst members, Heather? Have any come through lately?" Jasper looks at her, leaning on the bed for support.

"...no." she whispers, shaking with rage. "It's been really quiet lately. It's like they left."

"They did! They left after wiping out the opposition-"

"DID THEY?! And how do you know that, Dennis!?" Tears run down her face, furious at Dennis for his deceit, his betrayal. "Get out, Dennis. Leave now, or I will kill you. I'll KILL YOU!" She grabs Jasper's pistol, hanging in its holster on a nearby chair. Dennis wastes no time, bolting from the room and taking the stairs two at a time. He grabs his coat as he hits the door, his Pokeballs securely in a pocket.

He goes outside, stopping to look back at the house. He had made good memories here, and he'd hoped to make more. But everything had come tumbling down in an instant. A gun goes off, and a bullet kicks up dirt as it hits the ground at his feet. He turns and runs for the forest, where all this madness began. It's probably the safest place to lie low and figure things out.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Village: I really love how compassionate Danny is, great opening post you basically nailed Archie too; that's exactly how I pictured him in this RP. It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out.

@Godzil: HOLY SHIT YOU PORTRAYED IT BETTER THAN I COULD IN MY MIND THIS WAS DONE SO WELL I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW IT GOES FROM HERE OH MY LORD! Be sure to hit me up if you want me to incorporate anything in the next Chapter or even just if you want something to talk about your plans with! You've made GM'ing this RP so fun buddy can't give you enough thanks!

Years
  • Dennis Coleman
    Chapter 3: Familiar Places

Dennis doesn't stop running until he's safely under the cover of the forest. His chest is on fire, but the pain in his ribs is nothing compared to the pain in his heart. He isn't sure why Jasper would turn on him like that, but he can't blame Heather for siding with him. He considers going back to Azalea, to ask Bigby for help, but with no way of knowing how far Jasper's lies have spread, it wouldn't be safe. For now, he'd have to camp out in the woods until he could make his move.

He takes stock of his supplies. He's wearing his uniform, except for the hat, so he's at least clothed. He has his Pokemon, his pistol, and his switchblade knife. Three extra magazines of ammo and a tube of toothpaste round out his collection. "First order of business, find food, water, and shelter. Let's get to it."

☆☆Later that day...☆☆

Scrapper finishes digging a hole, while Doctor hovers over a pile of branches and shrubs Razer had cut down. There was enough room for Dennis to lay down, and the branches would cover up the hole. His Pokemon would be fine in their Pokeballs, so that was shelter taken care of. Dennis had kept busy searching for water, managing to find a small river flowing toward Goldenrod. It would do for now, but without canteens they'd have to stick close to it. Food was another matter altogether.

☆☆Later that night...☆☆

Dennis huddles against the tree, Doctor nestled against his side. The Noctowl watches in concern as Dennis looks over his options. "Okay, so the hunt for food didn't go well." On a flat rock sits a small pile of brown mushrooms, a bug with too many legs to count, and the tube of toothpaste. "I'm guessing the centipede, or millipede, or whatever this is, would be my safest bet. And yet..."

He pulls his knife out of the bug, which slowly curls into a ball shape, making Dennis grimace. "Normally I don't eat anything with more than ten legs, but right now..." He reaches for it, pulling off one of the legs, making the bug spasm in his hand. He throws it down in revulsion, and Doctor swoops in and eats it.

"Fine! I really didn't want to eat that. Next choice..." He looks between the mushrooms and the toothpaste. "What are the odds they're poisonous, right?" He tries one, and it tastes like dirt, but it's better than nothing. He quickly eats the lot of them, though it isn't much. "Let's get some sleep."

An hour later, he's curled up on his side, vomiting up his entire stomach contents. Turns out those mushrooms were poisonous, and his body violently rejects them. Doctor sits on a branch above him watching over him in worry.

☆☆The next day...☆☆

Dennis wakes up feeling tired and sore. It may have been quick and secure, but that hole was not comfortable, and his chest aches. Not to mention his empty stomach yearns for food. He goes back to searching for food, but the best he can come up with is some wild berries. After the mushrooms from yesterday, he's reluctant to try them, but hunger wins out over caution.

After again emptying his stomach of poisonous flora, Dennis lays in his pit, too weak to move. His Pokemon watch over him, and he can't help but marvel at the complete turnaround his life has taken. He tries to sleep, to recover his strength and get away from this town.

☆☆Day 2 in the forest...☆☆

He decides that his best option is to head for Goldenrod, try to recover, and head for Olivine and from there Cianwood. Hopefully he can forage for food on the way.

The walk is uneventful, but trying to navigate through the forest while avoiding the path is taking a long time. He can't explain his reluctance to follow the path, but his paranoia has served him well before. Unfortunately, his poor sense of direction leads to him going in circles, wandering aimlessly through the woods. At least his Pokemon are able to find food, in the form of seeds and small rodents. Dennis isn't quite hungry enough to eat rats yet, and Scrapper can survive on rocks for a while, making him the easiest to feed.

Dennis is exhausted, running on empty, but he isn't in as much pain. He's always been a quick healer, so at least he has that going for him. He stumbles upon an apple tree growing in a small clearing, noticing that it's bearing fruit. It's the most beautiful sight he's seen in this forest, and he eagerly rushes for it. Just as he reaches it, a Poochyena Howls, and Dennis looks around to try and find it.

"You're incredibly difficult to track. Were you trying to evade detection, or are you just incompetent at navigation?" Jasper steps forward from the tree line, Poochyena at his side.

Gandhi Savage

Years
  • @Godzil: WOW THAT WAS INTENSE AGAIN, I love that you're not making this all easy for Dennis. It's realistic as anything and makes it fun to read! Sorry it took so long to check and give feedback, been so busy recently!

Back