• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Issues running app, wants a Pokemon transferred

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    Hey, I've been having some trouble if people know a quick fix. Since I have Sword now, I've been wanting to transfer some Pokemon. I've stopped playing Go a while ago because my cell phone just can't handle it, but I managed to catch a couple shinies I want to save from it before I changed phones.

I transferred my shiny Pinsir a while ago into Let's Go Eevee (along with Meltan and Melmetal), but couldn't transfer my shiny Makuhita at the time (seeing as in Let's Go they had to be Gen 1 and all).

So now that I have Home and Sword, I wanted to transfer Makuhita. BUT Go still lags like all-get-out and will shut down on a GOOD run by the time I get to the Settings screen. Any way around this, or just need to keep deleting apps to make room and see if I'll get lucky about it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Hey. Depending on the phone you have right now you may have to get your new phone first and then do all your transfers. I know GO was updated several months back and doesn't work on older phone models anymore. Getting a new phone won't do anything to the Pokémon you have in GO because they will all still be there when you download the app again. I know I had phone issues with just playing GO before getting a new one and then it all stopped after that.

I hope this helps a little bit.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • Hey, I've been having some trouble if people know a quick fix. Since I have Sword now, I've been wanting to transfer some Pokemon. I've stopped playing Go a while ago because my cell phone just can't handle it, but I managed to catch a couple shinies I want to save from it before I changed phones.

I transferred my shiny Pinsir a while ago into Let's Go Eevee (along with Meltan and Melmetal), but couldn't transfer my shiny Makuhita at the time (seeing as in Let's Go they had to be Gen 1 and all).

So now that I have Home and Sword, I wanted to transfer Makuhita. BUT Go still lags like all-get-out and will shut down on a GOOD run by the time I get to the Settings screen. Any way around this, or just need to keep deleting apps to make room and see if I'll get lucky about it?

If you've got an Android:
    - Go through all your apps and hold their icon
    - Click 'force stop'

If you've got an iPhone:
    - Close all your apps and hope for the best!

You should always have all your apps up to date, maybe that's the problem.
    I don't have these problems so I don't really know help...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    It's my new phone we're talking about, guys.

But I'll try giving all apps a force-stop when I get back.

Back