• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just an Idea

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    I know some people don't like the friend code system that nintendo has created, and i was wondering if it might be possible to create a matchmaking application for the PC, or mobile phone, that people could type in there friend code and it would tell you another persons friend code and create a chat between the people. Do you think people would get and use something like that because it wouldn't work less a lot of people used it.
    Also it wouldn't just have to be for pokemon it could be for many different games and it could be a lot more convenient for people who actually enjoy online play.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't understand why the friend code system is horrible? All you do is connect online after you exchange friend codes then you engage in whatever you were doing with the other user. You can always voice chat with the people when you are on wifi. There will also be a video chat implemented in Black and White through "Live Caster" so there is another option. My self I don't see how the current friend code system is inconvenient.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah. I've never heard anybody go on about the "horrible" friend code system. The only problem is in Diamond/Pearl, when it's slightly harder to enter in the numbers. It's really easy and practical, actually.

Please point out any huge flaws to enlighten me, because I don't think there are any, and I'm sure many others will agree with me

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • They just need to add random Wifi battles like PBR and it would be good for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Forget I said horrible, I have used a few times and spent alot of time finding a freind code, so wat of there was a mobile phone app that you just clicked and it matched you up with someone and gave you there friend code instantly would you think alot of people would use it?

And I never heard anything about a voice chat in black and white that will be cool

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't see why you would need to spend time finding a friend code when most people have there friend code listed some were in their profile or signature. Or at the very least you could just say "I need your friend code". If you are saying this app gives you random friend codes I am not a fan of that because there is no point in engaging random people for me on wifi or at least pokemon trading wise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Ok it was just an idea for an app because I don't want to spend time creating it if people won't use it

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Moving to General Pokémon Gaming as this doesn't only apply to HG/SS alone.

The only problem I had with installing the other Friend Codes were entering the numbers itself. Sometimes I would mess up; probably because I'm so clumsy I miss the right number. D: However, Platinum and HG/SS ended up fixing that later on. So, I find the Pal Pad and Friend Code system highly useful. It's beneficial that Black and White are stepping it up with their Live Coaster.

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • I think FCs are too long xD but that's just cos I'm lazy. But I don't see anything wrong with the current system though

Years
  • Forget I said horrible, I have used a few times and spent alot of time finding a freind code, so wat of there was a mobile phone app that you just clicked and it matched you up with someone and gave you there friend code instantly would you think alot of people would use it?

And I never heard anything about a voice chat in black and white that will be cool

you're last part: "And I never heard anything about a voice chat in black and white that will be cool" ...there a voice chat in hg/ss too, and probably in d/p/pl. I know; I traded with someone and they talked to me and they sounded european!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The friend code system is fine as is. For one thing, some people might only use their Friend Codes to trade with their friends. They may not want to be introduced to random strangers as a part of an app. Furthermore, if you want to give out your code freely, you can easily post your friend codes on your signature or profile page.

Back