• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you organise your Cards?

How many spaces per card in a set?

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Me and my son have been playing the game for a little while now and thought we'd give collecting a go. So we got binders and sleeves and now we need to get them organised.

We're going by sets rather than anything else so we've got lots of gaps to fill in.

Does anyone else keep their cards like this? If so how many spaces do you leave for missing cards? I.e. regular card, holo, reverse holo, etc

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yes! I always try to keep my binders organized by the year the set was released and by the number of the card within that grouping. However, since I only really collect sets released before the e-series this way, I'll tend to only leave spaces for first editions or prereleases since other variants like reverse holo didn't exist then.

Nowadays it's more complicated, since many versions of the same card can be released in a set. If you're not stressing about promos/languages/full body/half body, and stuff like that, I'd focus on just keeping one additional space next to every card for its reverse holo (including rares and other holos!) and a few sheets in the back so you can add as needed. Sometimes collecting means being willing to sit down and properly reorganize entire sets as new information is revealed!

Your best resource is to find a list of all the cards released for the set you're looking to collect. The official Pokémon TCG website has a checklist that might be useful to you. Just keep in mind that they don't include secret rares!

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Good advice. I've been using the Collector app to keep a checklist of all the cards we've got so far as well but I'll check out the TCG website too!

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Yeah I just keep mine mostly in various binders. I have a few that are still in their card packets and a few that are in a Darkrai card case I got from like Burger King 1000 years ago. Those are the ones that tend to be my legendaries or more prized ones.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2020
    I keep my cards that I collect in a binder that is separated by type ,then in that type their separated by hit points then and it is really complicated .

Kazetori

Vaporeon Trainer
    Years
  • My binders are organized by type, but the regular cards are organized by the bottom left letter. I collect the Japanese cards, so they have the A, B, C, etc on the bottom and they rotate them out based on the letter

Back