• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Triforce

whodathunk

Smity Smithers VII
Years
  • TEAM TRIFORCE

130.gif
    485.gif
    473.gif
    073.gif
    286.gif
    385.gif

I am relatively new to the B2/W2 scene, and this is the second team I have created. I knew i wanted a team that could take a hit and still sweep hard. It's called Team TriForce because it is centered around 3 Pokemon with good synergy: Gyarados, Mamoswine, and Heatran.

Team Building

130.gif
    485.gif
    473.gif

I wanted a mix of power and durability and Gyarados, Mamoswine, and Heatran gave me just want i needed. each can which in and check major counters to the others.

130.gif
    485.gif
    473.gif
    073.gif

With this team i wanted free switch-ins, but Stealth Rocks puts a damper on that and really hurts Gyarados. I needed a spinner that could easliy switch in, take a hit, Rapid Spin, and still provide some utility. Tentecruel was perfect for it.

130.gif
    485.gif
    473.gif
    073.gif
    465.gif

I noticed that even though the TriForce covered most Pokemon, bulky Ground-Waters would go unchecked, possibly being able to stall my team out. I also needed a strong defensive wall who could take the common Fighting-type attacks that dismantle most of my core. Tangrowth can take physical hits like a champ, and can stall out most physical boosters.

130.gif
    485.gif
    473.gif
    073.gif
    465.gif
    385.gif

I wasn't sure exactly what I needed for my last slot, but it felt like I needed a Pokemon with Wish support. I also thought Rock-types might still give me a problem and, after some testing, I found Jirachi fit my team the best.

130.gif
    485.gif
    473.gif
    073.gif
    286.gif
    385.gif

After completing the team, i found that Fighting and Rock types, especially Terrakion, were still problem. I needed someone to be able to tank the hits, but still be able to kill the opposing Pokemon. Breloom does this job very well.

The Team

130.gif

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 172 HP / 128 Atk / 4 Def / 204 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall

Gyarados was the first choice for my powerhouse trio. With Dragon Dance, he can become an absolute monster. Originally, I used an offensive Dragon Dance. I changed to a bulky set to allow it to take bigger hits. With taunt, it can prevent phazing, and makes Skarmory useless vs him. I try to get free switch-ins by predicting Earth type attacks on Heatran.

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I wanted to be able to switch for free, and Flash Fire gives Heatran that potential. He is my preferred lead, Especially if the opponent is running a Sunlight team. Hidden Power Ice lets it take on Dragonite and Salamance with ease.

473.gif

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Icicle Crash
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower

Mamoswine can take out many OU threats and can be a decent revenge killer with Ice Shard. Dragon types are completely destroyed by his stab Ice moves. Superpower allows to break Blissey, who can potentially wall the rest of the team, aside form Breloom.

073.gif

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Rapid Spin
    - Protect

Tentacruel can switch in on Water type moves and Spins hazards to let my offensive trio set up easier. It can stall with Toxic/Protect. Getting a burn with Scald is great against physical sweepers, but it is sometimes better to just Toxic stall.

286.gif

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spd
    Hardy Nature
    - Spore
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch

100% Accuracy sleep is just amazing. Sub/Leech Seed lets Breloom stall out many threats, at least the ones Focus Punch doesn't destroy. It can kill Blissey, who is a major defensive threat to this team.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Wish
    - Stealth Rock
    - Body Slam

Jirachi's paralyze/flinch combo can take out a Pokemon while taking no or little damage. Wish support lets it tank a little more, and can bring one of the sweepers who were low back into the game. Stealth Rocks lets Jirachi lead if needed.

All criticisms and suggestions are welcome appreciated!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is Breloom's nature a typo? If it is, the preferred nature should be Impish.

Other than that, that's a nice team you got there.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • You already have Mammo for Dragonite, Salamence, ang Garchomp, why not use another move on Heatran instead of HP Ice?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    as the person above said why use hp ice on heatran i would use protect since earthquake is very effective on heatran

Back