• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Y Framerate Drops

Years
  • Firstly, I'm not particularly bothered about having a constant 60fps framerate. As long as the game is playable I'm happy. But I WOULD like to know if there's something wrong with my console or my game.

Anywho, I'm playing Pokemon Y on a New Nintendo 2DS XL, and I'm noticing some framerate drops in battle occasionally, and also on certain routes when there's a lot on screen at once. Is this normal?

On a side note, the game is really excellent so far :P.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    There's nothing wrong with your 2DS or your copy of the game. The Gen 6 and 7 games are known to have framerate issues sometimes, it's something a lot of people, including myself, have experienced.

Years
  • That's great news, thanks for your help :)

Edit: That is, it's great news that my game's not broken, it's not great news that everyone has to experience the framerate drops xD.

Last edited:
    Back