• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword/Shield Ranked Battles Team

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2020
    This is the team I have been using in online battles in Pokemon Sword. I am open to any advice or tips to make my team better. Maybe even make some Pokemon changes. Thanks in advance !

Shuckle (F) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Contrary
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Sticky Web
    - Power Trick
    - Rollout

Dragapult (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Darts
    - Dragon Dance
    - Phantom Force
    - Sucker Punch

Alakazam (M) @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Calm Mind

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Last Resort
    - Protect
    - Foul Play
    - Moonlight

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Strong Jaw
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Fishious Rend
    - Crunch
    - Outrage
    - Psychic Fangs

Cinderace (M) @ Charcoal
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Pyro Ball
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Iron Head
    - Low Kick

Years
  • Firstly, you have a lot of Fairy weak Pokemon with Umbreon, Dragapult and Dracovish. You do have a resist with Cinderace, but I'll get to that.
    You also don't have anything for opposing Dracovish which is just begging for trouble.

Power Trick and Rollout on Shuckle is a fun gimmick, but Shuckle is too slow for it to really work, even if your opponent has been Sticky Webbed. I would recommend you replace them with some combination of Toxic/Infestation/Final Gambit for a suicide lead. Use a Sturdy Shuckle instead. You might also want to consider Mental Herb over Rocky Helmet since longevity isn't necessarily the point with these changes and you'd get screwed pretty badly by Taunt.

Putting an Assault Vest on Alakazam is wasting its potential. You lose access to Nasty Plot, one of the best boosting moves, and also Recover which is arguably even better since it provides you with longevity. Instead you'd be better off with a Focus Sash to help you get Nasty Plot off or Life Orb to maximise damage output. If I was going to be willing to sacrifice access to Nasty Plot/Recover, I'd consider doing it only for Choice Scarf so I could outspeed Dragapult/Zeraora.

Umbreon here feels like dead weight. It can function as a Dragapult check, especially with Sticky Web up. But I think Mandibuzz would do this job better since it could provide you with Hazard control in Defog if you need it, Foul Play for Dragapult, more reliable recovery in Roost and then your last slot could U-Turn for momentum, Knock Off for Utility or even Brave Bird but eh. I'm assuming that Thunderbolt Dragapult isn't super common here though.

Cinderace is wasted without Librero. Yes, it's a solid physical sweeper, but you're losing out on both extra power and versatility by going for Blaze. You're also leaving a big gaping Dracovish weakness open here. Personally, I'd consider switching it for something that can reliably handle Dracovish.

I'm not familiar with the meta for SwSh ranked battles, so I've done the best I can. I can see what you're going for here, but honestly I think the biggest issue you'll face is that your team is kinda forcing you to choose between which threats you want to check. You could try switching Umbreon for Corviknight which would free you up to swap Cinderace for a bulky Water Absorb mon that can handle Vish without you being dependent on Sticky Web staying up. I think either way you're going to have to take some calculated risks though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2020
    thanks for the tips ! I have changed my team around a bit based off your suggestions. My team is now looking like this:

Shuckle (F) @ Mental Herb
    Ability: Contrary
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Sticky Web
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Infestation

Dragapult (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Infiltrator