• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Starting a living dex and other questions

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2018
    Hello, I'm starting a living dex and have some questions if anyone can answer them.

1. Is it better to play thru the game and then come back for any pokemon you missed, or is it better to catch everything in that area before you move on?

2. How do the totem stickers work? Do I collect 20 and get that totem, then 20 more to get the 40 one, or do I have to turn in 40 stickers to get the 40 one?

3. Is there a way to use more than one code from those legendary cards they give out at like GameStop? Just curious if it's possible to get two shiny poipole since he evolves.

Thanks!!

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • 1. Is it better to play thru the game and then come back for any pokemon you missed, or is it better to catch everything in that area before you move on?

Personal choice. I like to catch as I go to avoid having to waltz through a less-accessible area more than once. It is up to you, though.

2. How do the totem stickers work? Do I collect 20 and get that totem, then 20 more to get the 40 one, or do I have to turn in 40 stickers to get the 40 one?

Stickers are cumulative totals.

3. Is there a way to use more than one code from those legendary cards they give out at like GameStop? Just curious if it's possible to get two shiny poipole since he evolves

One type of event code per game cartridge save. You will need a second game to use a second code.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • On 1 as well, it does also depend on if you actually want to complete the dex fully or not. Perfectly fine to just catch what you want and move on for good.

Back